Kodi Community Forum
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] (/showthread.php?tid=148646)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - wizzard72 - 2013-04-03

I have updated tvheadend to version 3.3.491 and OE back to stable release 3.0. When I pick a channel from the main menu, the lip sync is correct. After changing the channel from the menu (m), the lip sync is out of sync. Stop watching takes some tim. I will try the rbej build tomorrow

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - navster - 2013-04-04

Live TV definitely still broken on the RPi with OE 3.00 + TVHeadend 3.3.491 from Beta PPA for me, based on UK Freesat MPEG2 streaming from backend Ubuntu system but works perfectly on another XBMC client system I have based on Intel Atom ....

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - nyebi - 2013-04-04

I have tried the latest version of tvheadend with the latest rbej build (built today, i think) of openelec. After a channel switch i still get the black screen if timeshift is disabled. With timeshift enabled channel switching works but after a switch the picture is cropped and audio is out of sync.
Similar results with the latest build of Raspbmc and xbmc-rbp-2013-03-22 nightly.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - doug - 2013-04-05

I also occasionally experience a black screen while watching Live TV. I'm not sure if it's the same issue as I use a MediaPortal backend (I think it could be from what I read in this thread about it possibly being a core xbmc issue).

My workaround is to simply jump back when I get the black screen and TV starts normally for me.

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - pootler - 2013-04-07

oh dear - I.ve got a terrible admission to make.

As live tv with xbmc was one of the unique things that attracted me about the pi setup,

until this sorts itself out - then I.ve gone back to WMC Confused

Will be following things closely though.

good luck everybody

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - dhead - 2013-04-09

(2013-03-28, 16:26)FernetMenta Wrote: I did some tests with vnsi and also got some negatives every now and then. I did some changes which resulted in 100% success during my last test when I tried approximately 50 channel switches: 576i, 720p, and 1080i.

The first one fixes incorrect usage of the stalled flag in omx audio player. This triggered re-enabling of pvr caching state because player was thinking audio stream has stalled:
https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/commit/8cad73f01fbd2ac23c3e5ad33b2e8a52681f1ff1

The second prevents cachstate switching from pvr to done at a time it's not desired. I have no idea why teletext was commented in omx player but this job was only half done:
https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/commit/cbe9458ed3f9c590edf3ad9835d295f4e9d6373e

@FernetMenta, what is the status of this ? I mean what's the conclusion ?

I thought that the live tv issues were affecting both vnsi and tvheadend.
You reported 100% success with vnsi, I had the same success rate with vnsi also but not with tvheadend, so maybe a change with tvheadend to act as vnsi on channel tune would make it usable for the raspberry ? (maybe optional one, that can be set in settings).

(my assumption is that both vnsi and tvheadend had the same issues and I didn't saw anyone reporting about vnsi only tvheadend after your fixes).

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - PeaceMkr - 2013-04-09

Yesterday, my girlfriend decided to watch viva what nobody at home normaly does. But that brought me a bug in focus that i wouldnt have seen..
The channels mtv germany and viva dont work. I only get the first picture and than it stops. All other channels work as expected.
My setup is vdr-2.0 with VNSI3 as backend and rbejs openelec-testbuild for RPI.
Could anybody confirm that behavior?
I will try those channels on ipad in the afternoon.
The rest of the channels work flawless the last couple of days. Its a great progress fixing that black-picture-problem. Thanx for the great work rbej & FernetMenta!!

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - navster - 2013-04-09

(2013-04-09, 08:32)PeaceMkr Wrote: Yesterday, my girlfriend decided to watch viva what nobody at home normaly does. But that brought me a bug in focus that i wouldnt have seen..
The channels mtv germany and viva dont work. I only get the first picture and than it stops. All other channels work as expected.
My setup is vdr-2.0 with VNSI3 as backend and rbejs openelec-testbuild for RPI.
Could anybody confirm that behavior?
I will try those channels on ipad in the afternoon.
The rest of the channels work flawless the last couple of days. Its a great progress fixing that black-picture-problem. Thanx for the great work rbej & FernetMenta!!

I had some similar issues very recently with VDR\VNSI whereby certain channels were not working on my UK MPEG2 Freesat broadcasts from a Ubuntu backend server to my RPi frontend on RBej builds. I reverted to using TVHeadend as my backend and the Videos>Files>HTSP location frontend workaround until a true fix for the PVR client is in circulation

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - PeaceMkr - 2013-04-09

Ive found the problem right now.. It seems to be a problem with vnsi or vdr on the backend-side. With vdr-1.7.40 those channels work.. with the vdr-2.0 they stutter on my mac, on the ipad and also on the pi..

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - FernetMenta - 2013-04-10

Since I don't use tvheadend myself I don't know what exactly causes those issues. From the perspective of XBMC tvh is handled the same way as vnsi.

We shouldn't hijack this thread with vnsi issues. I have recently fixed some problems in vnsi4. In case you encounter any issues with vnsi4 please post in the vdr section and provide a short recording

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - PeaceMkr - 2013-04-10

@FernetMenta is there a chance to get the vnsi4-addon for RPI without compiling? I would like to test that... :-)

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - rbej - 2013-04-11

Please test it:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140518&pid=1393759#pid1393759

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - PeaceMkr - 2013-04-11

rbej, did you add vnsi4 there? If yes i will first check charlies build and then try out yours.
Thank you very much

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - User 108708 - 2013-04-12

After reading this thread, I updated my tvheadend server last tuesday with the latest git version (i will add version later) on my debian sqeeuze machine. I compiled it as debian package and installed after a complete purge of the old tvheadend. Also updated the Openelec RPI image to the latest version. After initial setup, SDtv channels were playing audio only with black screen. HDtv channels played audio and video whith the wrong aspect ratio. Because I'm using wifi 150N HDtv is useless to me, i disabled Telivision again in openelec. Until yesterday, i'd tryd to watch a recording on my Rpi, recorded with mij settopbox (humax 5050) and it gave me audio only with a black screen. Additional I'd tried some old recordings made previously with an older version of tvheadend and another settopbox (siemens), which gave me the same results, no video, audio only. While these files where playable before with my previous openelec image.

luckely I had installed the new openelec on another SDcard, so put my old sdcard back in and booted. Result: playable recordings and...... LiveTV in SD!!

Looks to me the current problems aren't related to tvheadend or the tvheadend PVR addon, but more likely related to OMXplayer

I'll try to add the versions tonight

RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - wizzard72 - 2013-04-12

I have upgraded my RPi to OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch-c01c97d9d1. First the good news. All the HD channels works like a charm! Channel switching works good and fast. Audio is good.

The SD channels works also good, but the lipsync is not so good. The sound in out of sync with the "lips" (2 seconds).

So this is a big step forward.

Keep up the good work! Thanks you very much!