• 1(current)
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
Exclamation 
Hi all,
i don't know if this is a known issue, but i noticed that the live tv feature on Openelec is not working on latest beta releases.
I'm using a linux server with tvheadend as backend, streaming dvb-s channels in SD and HD quality.
I can watch HD and SD content with Openelec installed on my Desktop pc, but with raspberry i can only obtain blank screen and no audio on all channels.
Sometimes i can view a frame.
I tried both 512mb (model B) and 256 mb version of raspPi, without success.
I can remember i had an "almost-working" release 2 or three months ago, maybe a r11xxx release.
When i triy to play a channel, i can view network activity from tvheadend to raspbeery, but after some seconds it stops streaming, the screen remain always black.

I use Openelec beta 5, with mpeg2 and vc1 licenses, and tvheadend 3.2 beta from adam sutton repos.
Same result with tvheadend 2.8

Wait for suggestion.
Thank you.

The only winning move is not to play.
tvheadend doesn't work due a decoder bug in the RPi firmware. You can use vdr as a temporary solution.
hi

i have the same problem with the pi BUT THE TVHEADEND SERVER IS NOT RUNNING ON THE PI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its a server for my other xbmcs (eden) and on these livetv works well
please see post
http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...a-no-audio

thx easyhugo
I have the same problem.
Remote Linux server with Tvheadend 3.2.18 installed. On my laptop (windows 8) with the XBMC Frodo RC1 I have sound and SD/HD channels.

When I switch to my Raspberry Pi, I have a black screen. Very often I have sound and channels, but when I switch channels everything is black again.

But recorded programs plays perfect on the raspberry.
(2012-12-17, 15:47)gimli Wrote: tvheadend doesn't work due a decoder bug in the RPi firmware. You can use vdr as a temporary solution.

Sry, but i have the exact same behaviour under vdr 1.7.33 from yavdr-repos with OpenELEC r12679.

Greetings
i'm going to setup vdr from yavdr repos in order to replace tvheadend as backend for openelec on my streaming server, i'll post my experience asap.
Thank you.
The only winning move is not to play.
(2012-12-17, 20:48)easyhugo Wrote: hi

i have the same problem with the pi BUT THE TVHEADEND SERVER IS NOT RUNNING ON THE PI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its a server for my other xbmcs (eden) and on these livetv works well
please see post
http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...a-no-audio

thx easyhugo

It doesn't matter!!!!!!

The decoding is done by the client, not by the PVR server/backend.
I'm experiencing the same issue with both my 512 and 256 Pis.
Is it possible (and will it help) to mix older firmwares with newer OpemELEC?
(2012-12-17, 15:47)gimli Wrote: tvheadend doesn't work due a decoder bug in the RPi firmware. You can use vdr as a temporary solution.
Why does playing MPEG2/H264 content from an Samba share work but not for LiveTV? I understand tvheadend streams are delivered over HTSP, but other than shouldn't it just be a DVB transport stream?

What does VDR do differently to make it work? Does VDR transcode the DVB stream to some other format?

If it is a decoder bug, did anyone bring this to the attention of the Pi/Broadcom firmware developers? Do they have a bugtracker where I can follow this particular firmware bug?

Hi, having exactly the same issues with TVheadend running on my Ubuntu 12.04 server.
It is definitely a client issue, as I successfully stream from the same server to many other clients (even by Android phone).
The weird thing is that the same channel sometimes plays successfully, but most of the time doesn't.
I have both h264 and mpeg2 channels and the same thing applies to all.
When channels actually manage to play, they play fine, though, no video/audio sync issues.
I am starting to think that this might be a networking issue (as somebody suggested here: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/1356) and not a decoding issue, since if it was the latter, I suppose it would never work at all.

Please note that I had exactly the same behavior with raspbmc, so I don't think it is specifically openelec related.
Hi, i have done an update to openelec 2.95.6 without success.
I think its an buffering issue when i zap to the next channel is see the network is blinking after a few seconds it stops blinking and no video and audio.

lg easyhugo
Hi, I have the same problem here. (openelec 2.95.6).

When I compare netstat with one of my other boxes (Fusion), I notice that recv-Q to my video server connection is extreme hi, 521204 on RPi and 0 on the Fusion.

Reg. Flyby.
Can also confirm the issue on OpenELEC 2.95.6. My TVHeadend server works fine with the OE 2.0 ION build so we can sortof rule out any issue server-side.

Here's a log from the point when I select a channel from the list, see http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2VEhNwBT

There is an error on line 78:
Quote:12:38:47 T:2810860640 ERROR: CBitstreamConverter::Open avcC data too small or missing

In the case logged here it was observed:
- No video is rendered though the info bar correctly identified it at 1080
- No audo is rendered though the info bar correctly identified DolbyDigital 5.1
- A single line of subtitles is rendered
- Network traffic ceases after 2 seconds (no blinking LEDs on the switch)
I have also the same issue with raspbmc
I have the same issue with the latest git version of tvheadend
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5