Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) (/showthread.php?tid=154645)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - azoreseuropa - 2018-04-24

I am using macOS as well. What did you do ? A screenshot might be helpful. It's working beautifully for me at first time tried.

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - aceed - 2018-04-30

I had the exact same issue. I'm using windows 10 and 3.0.6 of the plugin from the official rep.

To fix it open %APPDATA%\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.rtpplay\resources\lib\plugin.py in notepad++ / notepad

find the line 74:   
Quote:player_index = re.findall("playerRequest\((.+?)\)", ic)
and replace it with:
Quote:player_index = re.findall("player[0-9]*Request\((.+?)\)", ic)
Delete the .pyo file in the directory.

This has worked for me, as of 30/04/2018

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - azoreseuropa - 2018-05-13

RTP Play Video isn't working again. Grrr.

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - azoreseuropa - 2018-05-14

Hello ? Help ?

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - m.ermantraut - 2018-05-15

Could someone please take over this addon or at least let me know where you are getting your Portuguese programming from. I'm not discrediting anyones work and I know this is volunteer work but someone's got to have the time and programming knowledge to keep this addon going.

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - azoreseuropa - 2018-05-17

Anybody ? We want RTP Play to be playable again.. Why does it have a problem again ? So frustrated!

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - azoreseuropa - 2018-05-19

Are you there ?

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - RumoAo37 - 2018-05-19

We all have to understand...Enens does this at his own time, guy probably has a family and a life like we all do !
He did mention he couldnt be doing updates all the time, lets hope he see this and has a look
Lets have faith ...

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - enen92 - 2018-05-20

(2018-05-19, 15:27)azoreseuropa Wrote: Are you there ?
 A little bit of respect would be good. This is an opensource plugin, community work, built on my free time and without earning anything with it. I don't even use the plugin as I'm based in Portugal now so I can't even say I maintain the plugin because I am also a user. If the plugin needs to be updated go ahead and submit a pull request with the needed fixes. I have a life as well and I am stuffed with other things to do. Also, since RTP is actively trying to kill this plugin, the work required to update code that has been purposely broken is far from joy from my side.

An update was sent to the repo (4.0.0):
- Hardcode HLS streams (stop relying on the website to obtain the stream url)
- Add support for Widevide DRM encrypted streams (a nightly build from 19May of Kodi 18 with inputstream.adaptive is required)

Expect it to break in the future.

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - azoreseuropa - 2018-05-20

I thank you kindly. I understand. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for it to improvement further.

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - RumoAo37 - 2018-05-20

Cool to see u back Enen92, here in canada a plugin like this one is Gold
I use it 24/7 when its available, i thank u for taking ur time and fix it...thank u !

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - azoreseuropa - 2018-05-21

(2018-05-20, 21:57)RumoAo37 Wrote: Cool to see u back Enen92, here in canada a plugin like this one is Gold
I use it 24/7 when its available, i thank u for taking ur time and fix it...thank u !
 It is working for you now ? Where, may I ask ?

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - RumoAo37 - 2018-05-21

Thank u Enen...
Only rtp1 doesnt work wants an extra install to get it to work !
Its fine, not the end of the world without RTP1 Smile
Update 4.0.1 and runs pretty smooth !

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - enen92 - 2018-05-21

(2018-05-21, 03:59)RumoAo37 Wrote: Thank u Enen...
Only rtp1 doesnt work wants an extra install to get it to work !
Its fine, not the end of the world without RTP1 Smile
Update 4.0.1 and runs pretty smooth !

RTP1 is working fine for me. It first tries the hls stream (which plays) and if that does not work it attempts to play the MPEG/DASH DRM encrypted stream. Pretty much the same that happens on all other channels. Note that to play encrypted streams you need Kodi 18 nightly build from 19 May onwards, with inputstream.adaptive addon enabled and widevine drm. The addon uses inputstreamhelper to setup everything you need for playback automatically (it will download the library for your system and place it on the correct folder). This is similar to what netflix and other drm addons use.

RE: [RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television) - azoreseuropa - 2018-07-28

Let you know that it is down again. It didnt work at all.