Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.4 (/showthread.php?tid=158972)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - Middle - 2013-05-03

Hi m4x1m,

thx for this awesome script, i do have some small request (not so sure if it is small)
i use some plugins that is constantly updating thumbnails, (like Twitch for example)
and xbmc not update it unless i delete it, so im using your script to do that but when i do query i get alot (results)
and i need delete 1 by 1 this take long time if you got alot thumbs to delete, i dont want do full clean all the time.

so can you add a button to delete all query results at once,
or some "Runscript(script.thumbnailscleaner,query="something" delete=true) than i can add in twitch tv addon settings a button to clear thumbs, and delete without have to open your script and do full task.

cheers

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - WeirdH - 2013-05-03

Hey Max,

Thanks for a great script! I've been slacking on the maintenance part for a while now, and this was a gift I sorely needed. I haven't checked very thoroughly if I'm missing anything, but, needless to say, this took me a while:

Big Grin Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - m4x1m - 2013-05-04

(2013-05-03, 19:55)WeirdH Wrote: Hey Max,

Thanks for a great script! I've been slacking on the maintenance part for a while now, and this was a gift I sorely needed. I haven't checked very thoroughly if I'm missing anything, but, needless to say, this took me a while:

Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks to all!
I'm considering all your requests, but for now, I'm busy with my work, as soon as I get rid, I will try to continue the development of this script.

@WeirdH
Really impressive Big Grin
Can you check if the cleaning is OK and let me know? Before I continue I would like to be certain that there are no problems!

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - WeirdH - 2013-05-04

(2013-05-04, 14:41)m4x1m Wrote: @WeirdH
Really impressive Big Grin
Can you check if the cleaning is OK and let me know? Before I continue I would like to be certain that there are no problems!

Nothing out of the ordinary yet. Everything in the videolibrary seems to need a second to retrieve its art again when highlighted for the first time, but I believe that was due to the cleaning of textures.db? It's no big deal and will sort itself out over time, of course.

Revision3's thumbs repopulated on the first use, haven't checked any other add-ons.

EDIT: remembered one thing - I had to manually choose 'regenerate thumbnails' on my picture folders. Don't know if that's of help to you.

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - esprit - 2013-05-08

(2013-03-31, 15:38)m4x1m Wrote:
(2013-03-30, 15:52)esprit Wrote: It (v1.0.6) cleaned almost all my tvshows/movies fanarts (I did have a backup, so not a big deal). I didn't check for the music library part.
I don't know where the problem could be (my skin - Aeon Nox - is using extrafanart, perhaps that's the problem ?) but it seems pretty unusable to me for the moment.
I'll be glad to help if you need some logs in debug mode or whatever (just tell me what you need).

For all!

Sections that will be controlled
Movies (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Sets (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
TV Shows (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Seasons (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded, I made a little workaround for season-all-poster.jpg)
Episodes (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Music Videos (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Video Genres (movies, tvshows, musicvideos) (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Artists (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Albums (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Songs (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Music Genres (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Actors (movies, tvshows, episodes) (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Addons (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
All files that are present in the Textures database (no JSON) - You can query textures database to delete fields.

The extrafanart images are stored in Texture database.
From Texture database, the script, delete (if enabled) only the fields with an empty lasthashcheck (normally they starts with http:// url)

All the remained images in Thumbnails folder, that I think doesn't have any relationship with the XBMC database,will be copied/moved

I don't know which other images could be important, I used all (I think) the possible JSON query.
I ran the script again, this time I didn't enable Texture DB cleaning. Looks fine this time, my Thumbnails folder lost a lot of weight, and no lost fanart or loading time on first access on movies or tv shows.
So "great job" ! Wink

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - m4x1m - 2013-05-10

(2013-05-08, 16:22)esprit Wrote: I ran the script again, this time I didn't enable Texture DB cleaning. Looks fine this time, my Thumbnails folder lost a lot of weight, and no lost fanart or loading time on first access on movies or tv shows.
So "great job" ! Wink

Yes, I realized that this option is a little freaked! I haven't given the fact that many people use the remote images (this option will be reviewed in next release).

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - Shadok - 2013-05-11

Hi,

I'm running 1.0.6 and it doesn't work in portable mode :

Quote:00:53:04 T:2704 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: (3, 'Le chemin d\x92acc\xe8s sp\xe9cifi\xe9 est introuvable', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\userdata\\Thumbnails/*.*')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\gui.py", line 91, in onClick
elif controlId == self.idSimulate: Cleaner( self ).doClean(True)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\cleaner.py", line 126, in doClean
self.exploreThumbnailsFolder( thumbnailsFolder )
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\cleaner.py", line 717, in exploreThumbnailsFolder
for item in os.listdir(thumbnailsFolder):
WindowsError: (3, 'Le chemin d\x92acc\xe8s sp\xe9cifi\xe9 est introuvable', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\userdata\\Thumbnails/*.*')
-->End of Python script error report<--

My real Thumbnails folder path is C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata\Thumbnails Smile

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - hunkyn - 2013-05-12

does a great job. Saved me almost 7.4GB. Just curious how does it make a decision what items to delete?

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - m4x1m - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-11, 00:57)Shadok Wrote: Hi,

I'm running 1.0.6 and it doesn't work in portable mode :

Quote:00:53:04 T:2704 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: (3, 'Le chemin d\x92acc\xe8s sp\xe9cifi\xe9 est introuvable', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\userdata\\Thumbnails/*.*')
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\gui.py", line 91, in onClick
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\cleaner.py", line 126, in doClean
self.exploreThumbnailsFolder( thumbnailsFolder )
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\cleaner.py", line 717, in exploreThumbnailsFolder
for item in os.listdir(thumbnailsFolder):
WindowsError: (3, 'Le chemin d\x92acc\xe8s sp\xe9cifi\xe9 est introuvable', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\userdata\\Thumbnails/*.*')

My real Thumbnails folder path is C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata\Thumbnails Smile

Thanks for report, I'll try to fix in the next release!

(2013-05-12, 03:08)hunkyn Wrote: does a great job. Saved me almost 7.4GB. Just curious how does it make a decision what items to delete?

Comparing all arts in the database with the files present in thumbnails folder, but in the next release, I'll try to compare the arts also with the texture.db, is a little complicated manage the thumbnails, but I continue to analyze the database for having a better understanding of how to proceed, so the script is yet work in progress. Read two posts above.

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - LeJon - 2013-06-13

Thanks for the addon but I can't seem to get it to work.

When I use the addon, the "After' column is empty and when i press clean, it shows "Sending JSON query, please wait" but nothing ever happens. The after column is still empty and nothing was clean from my thumbnails folder.

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - sladinki007 - 2013-06-13

any update on that new version ?
my thumbnails are on a network drive with the substitute tags in the advancedsettings.xml

folder is about 40 gb big and i really would like to clean out the old stuff....

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - m4x1m - 2013-06-13

(2013-06-13, 09:37)LeJon Wrote: Thanks for the addon but I can't seem to get it to work.

When I use the addon, the "After' column is empty and when i press clean, it shows "Sending JSON query, please wait" but nothing ever happens. The after column is still empty and nothing was clean from my thumbnails folder.

Larger library means more time! Anyway, can you post a debug log??

(2013-06-13, 14:18)sladinki007 Wrote: any update on that new version ?
my thumbnails are on a network drive with the substitute tags in the advancedsettings.xml

folder is about 40 gb big and i really would like to clean out the old stuff....

Not soon, at the moment I'm busy with my job! Sad But you can try the current version, just only untick the Clean Texture option, if your images are remotely located

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - Tolotos - 2013-06-14

I got the following error:

Code:
[/u]14:07:30 T:6540   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\rgu\Downloads\script.thumbnailscleaner-1.0.6.zip\icon.png
14:07:30 T:6524  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
14:07:34 T:5332  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
14:07:34 T:5332  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
14:07:34 T:5332  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:07:34 T:5652  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:07:34 T:6208  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:07:37 T:6540 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: FullWidthList
14:07:37 T:6540 WARNING: Previous line repeats 5 times.
14:07:37 T:6540   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in SubString(Container.FolderPath,program.advanced.launcher
14:07:37 T:6776  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
14:07:38 T:6648  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
14:07:39 T:6648  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:07:39 T:6648  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Starting Thumbnails Cleaner v1.0.6
14:07:39 T:3780  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
14:07:39 T:3780  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:08:21 T:6540  NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: SpaceNavigator
14:08:21 T:6540  NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 6 Total Hats: 0 Total Buttons: 2
14:08:27 T:3780  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - The simulation was started at 2013-06-14 14:08:14
14:08:27 T:3780  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - *** Reading data for the movies ***
14:08:27 T:3780  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Sending JSON query. Please wait...
14:08:27 T:3780  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Found 0 images to be processed
14:08:27 T:3780  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - *** Reading data for the collections ***
14:08:27 T:3780  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Sending JSON query. Please wait...
14:08:27 T:3780   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('result',)
                                              File "E:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\gui.py", line 91, in onClick
                                              File "E:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\cleaner.py", line 169, in doClean
                                                if jSon['result'].has_key( 'sets' ):
                                            KeyError: ('result',)

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - djidy - 2013-06-14

Hi,

when running with an advancedsettings.xml overwriting the thumbnails path:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
      <to>c:\real_thumbnails_dir</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I have an error stating that the thumbnail directory hasn't been found. (It search for the non-overwritten directory)

If I remove the advancedsettings.xml and set the thumbnails directory to the original location, I get the same error than Tolotos (the post above)

RE: [RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner - m4x1m - 2013-06-25

Hey guys,

I restarted to work on this script, i hope to release a new version by the end of the month.
All your issues will be fixed, and I'll try to improve the engine.

Stay tuned!