Thumbnails Cleaner allows you to clean the thumbnails folder of your XBMC
How it works
Thumbnails Cleaner works for exclusion. The script read the databases and excludes the images found. No image will be deleted. Once completed, the images will be moved to the destination folder you choose. In case of simulation, the images will be copied.
Check what has been done
You can check what has been done looking the xbmc.log. Every notice of the script starts with [Thumbnails Cleaner].
Sections that will be controlled
Video Genres (movies, tvshows, musicvideos)
Actors (movies, tvshows, episodes)
All files that are present in the Textures database (no JSON) - You can query textures database to delete fields.
JSON queries in some cases may require a bit of time. Please wait!
The script is for FRODO or later only.
There may be some bugs, and the script may be incomplete, please make a backup of your Thumbnails folder!
If anyone wants make suggestions, I'm here!
Download from GoogleDrive
Download & Install my unofficial XBMC repository
- Added a checks on startup to be sure the database settings are correct.
- Removed checks on folder backup, if the user doesn't choose any folder, the script will use a backup folder under its own script folder.
- Added script.module.simplejson as dependency but uses internal JSON if python version is >= 2.7.
- Uses Textures.GetTextures if XBMC is Gotham else uses RAW queries.
- Fixed error when try to copy/move a non existent files.
- Minimized access to database during process.
- Fix some minor bugs.
- Added ability to stop the script in the final dialog box (request by gitr).
- Bump Python version to be compatible with Gotham.
- Moved from the old XML language system to the new .PO strings language system. Translations are welcome.
- Minor bugs fixed.
- Fixed bug related to the query for delete textures.
- Added ability to disable the check for the various sections.
- Improved and cleaned the code.
- Fixed some other little bugs.
- Added ability to select multiple fields when doing a query to database for delete.
- Added ability to select multiple fields for keep textures before the cleaning process will be completed.
- In the configuration settings now you can add a pattern for exclude some strings from the process.
- Fixed some other important bugs.
- This is a beta version. Full changelog available in the next release.
- Fixed some unicode strings.
- Rewritten for using JSON RPC.
- Improved the check on destination folder.
- Fixed all problems related to mysql database (for real).
- Added check for music video posters.
- Fixed issue when moving files in destination folder that already exist.
- Fixed issue related to the Texture table in mysql.
- Empties destination folder before copy/move the new files.
- Fixed a typo that prevented to connect to the database.
- First script release.