Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents (/showthread.php?tid=168296)

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - negge - 2014-04-26

Not exactly hard but it would involve quite a lot of work since a music interface would be different from a video interface. You'd want an in-browser player etc., none of which is exactly trivial. Like I said there are many other solutions for this problem, this software is designed from streaming video only.

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - ziggurat - 2014-04-26

I installed this on my linux server. But when I try to open the page, I only get to a Index of view of the folder.
Any help?

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - negge - 2014-04-26

@ziggurat: you seem to be missing the mod_rewrite module, and/or you're not allowing the use of .htaccess files. Did you follow the instructions?

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - ziggurat - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 18:24)negge Wrote: @ziggurat: you seem to be missing the mod_rewrite module, and/or you're not allowing the use of .htaccess files. Did you follow the instructions?

Yes I did follow the instructions, let me see (doing as Im typing).
Code:
Module rewrite already enabled
Module expires already enabled
Is what a2enmod returns when I try to enable the mods.

Code:
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
Is inside my <Directory /var/www/html/xbmc-video-server/>

You can see that i have it inside /var/www/html/xbmc-video-server/ because my document root (default for ubuntu 14.04 at least?) is /var/www/html

Trying to rerun the sum of the installation process and i get this when i do php composer.phar install
Code:
Installing dependencies (including require-dev) from lock file
Warning: The lock file is not up to date with the latest changes in composer.json. You may be getting outdated dependencies. Run update to update them.

Also this is what I see in the index of view
http://imgur.com/QEU79jX

Can you see any fault?

Pastebin the whole default.conf Apache file. Maybe something has changed once again in 14.04 compared to the previous versions.

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - ziggurat - 2014-04-27

(2014-04-26, 19:10)negge Wrote: Pastebin the whole default.conf Apache file. Maybe something has changed once again in 14.04 compared to the previous versions.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/7347541/

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - negge - 2014-04-27

@ziggurat: strange, I'm gonna have to try out 14.04 in a VM to see what is going on, the wiki needs updating (again) in any case.

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - ziggurat - 2014-04-28

(2014-04-27, 23:31)negge Wrote: @ziggurat: strange, I'm gonna have to try out 14.04 in a VM to see what is going on, the wiki needs updating (again) in any case.

I did not do or change anything, I have no explanation of anything that changed, It just started to work.

Now I just need to do NATing on my home network, since I use pagekite now Tongue I don't want to max out that account hehe.

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - negge - 2014-04-28

Perhaps you forgot to restart Apache after changing the configuration?

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - ziggurat - 2014-04-28

(2014-04-28, 14:12)negge Wrote: Perhaps you forgot to restart Apache after changing the configuration?

I do not believe so, because I am really trigger happy with that particular services command. Maybe the PHP mod was hanging so that it displayed the index of view instead.

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - frieten - 2014-04-28

Has anyone got this working on Windows? Would love to set this up so I can watch my library at work. Any help on what I need to do would be greatly appreciated

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - negge - 2014-04-28

@frieten: read the instructions on Github, it's all there.

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - frieten - 2014-04-29

(2014-04-28, 22:17)negge Wrote: @frieten: read the instructions on Github, it's all there.

oh cheers i didn't look as i thought it was just linux.

edit: ok had a read, one thing im wondering still though is do i install this on my PC that has XBMC on it, or my server that has the files on it?

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - negge - 2014-04-29

@frieten: it doesn't matter which machine you install it on as long as it's on the same network as the computer that runs XBMC.

RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - frieten - 2014-04-29

Cheers I got it all running. Works good Smile