Kodi Community Forum
WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. (/showthread.php?tid=169651)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-07-23

I need to say guys that exoscoriae, with a bit of help from me and allsa001, has put a hell of a lot of work into getting the PPVs up to scratch. Could we ask that for the time being, you leave the editing/altering of the PPVs to us until we're done. We don't want to come across as ungrateful for help, arrogant, or just general jerks it's just that we're trying hard to get this up and running for everyone and you may unwittingly slow us down. If you do spot any mistakes, or have any alterations or additions please PM either of us and we will change accordingly. We're not mods, just striving to get your WWE content looking the best it can. With a bit of communication, we can all move in the same direction Wink

Here's a video of my setup in action as it is so far. It's by no means finished but just thought you'd all like to have something to reference. Excuse the quality of the video, my PC is eternally acting up and I had to take this with my phone. One day I'll get a proper capture!! Confused

This is still a WIP but we have started assessing and trying to complete most if not all of the ommissions from tmdb for WWE/ECW/WWE PPVs and Documentaries. If you add any that are missing to tmdb, PM me and I'll add them to the main list. At least that way we can avoid duplicates and try and really raise the quality level, plus it makes them scrapable just like the rest of your media Big Grin

WWE PPVs: http://www.themoviedb.org/list/51fcef2319c29508e0172c63

WCW PPVs: http://www.themoviedb.org/list/5202810d760ee374341952df

ECW PPVs: http://www.themoviedb.org/list/52027fea760ee31917303a35

WWE - ECW - WCW DVD Releases: http://www.themoviedb.org/list/52027c29760ee326a92fc7eb

They're currently incomplete but over time, with a bit of help from the community, I'm sure we can get them up to date.

Anyway, the tutorial.....it's been long overdue, but I've got enough (not all) of the parts working to share with you guys. So here goes.......

The method for TV Shows (Raw, SmackDown! etc) is more or less the same as before (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115478) with a few new bits which I will cover later. I'll keep changing and updating it as and when it's necessary, any input or advice you have is appreciated. My tutorial is focused on Aeon Nox as it's my skin of choice, but I know that leojay will be adding one for Transparency so it will just be case of adjusting things accordingly.

I'll start with PPVs.

First of all you'll need to scrape them as movies, in other words add them to your movies and if they're named correctly they will be scraped automagically. If in doubt just check on tmdb, but the way I have added them is usually the PPV name prefixed with WWE and suffixed with the year of release.

Now go into your movies and check that they have been added correctly. Thanks to the WWE prefix they'll all be grouped together under 'W'. If they have go to settings ('S'), Video, activate 'Group movies as sets'. Next you'll need to create a smart playlist to display the sets. Check out the pics below for a visual guide to the next part.

watch gallery

Once you've created your smart playlist let's see how it looks. Go to playlists (under Videos) select your PPV playlist and, if you're using Nox, you'll see something like this:

watch gallery

For the 'Set' level I've used Poster view, and at 'Movie' Level I've used Landscape Single-Logo. All the artwork and info (whilst partly unfinished) is online and can be scraped. If you don't get that artwork by default you can alter, in Nox you just press 'C' and 'Choose Art'. You can add whatever poster and fanart you like. There is still a LOAD of PPVs to be added so any help would be appreciated.

I've added the PPV theme music and Pre-Shows etc. via this add-on: https://github.com/brentosmith/xbmc-dvdextras

watch gallery

It allows you to have a theme play when you enter the info screen and have extras for every PPV you have, assuming you already have extras to watch that is. This really gives an extra something to your collection and adds that wow factor. The instructions are included in the link above, you will need to create an advancedsettings.xml. Use the one below and add it to you userdata folder BEFORE you add and run the dvd extras add-on.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
      <excludefromscan>
        <regexp>-extras-</regexp>
        <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
        <regexp>Extras</regexp>
        <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
        <regexp>extras</regexp>
        <regexp>-trailer</regexp>
      </excludefromscan>
      <excludetvshowsfromscan>
        <regexp>-extras-</regexp>
        <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
        <regexp>Extras</regexp>
        <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
        <regexp>extras</regexp>
      </excludetvshowsfromscan>
  </video>
<advancedsettings>

This will work for UFC PPVs as well provided they are on tmdb, there are quite a few on there now though so it shouldn't be a problem. The only difference being that the UFC PPVs aren't separated by year they are just a continuing series.

I know that there may be stuff that needs to be added here, but I just wanted to get something up for you guys as I've made you wait long enough. I've still got to add instructions on adding your media to your home screen but I have, in part, covered that previously. I intend to go back, edit and import some of my previous tutorial where appropriate. Please bear with me if I've missed some stuff, if you can provide any feedback it would be appreciated.

To be continued...........Wink

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - leojay - 2013-07-24

Reserving this post for my future tutorial on Shows like RAW, Smackdown, Impact, NXT, etc.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-07-24

*reserved*

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Ned Scott - 2013-07-24

(2013-07-24, 13:00)leojay Wrote: Reserving this post for my future tutorial on Shows like RAW, Smackdown, Impact, NXT, etc.

Threadjack?

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-07-24

(2013-07-24, 16:07)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 13:00)leojay Wrote: Reserving this post for my future tutorial on Shows like RAW, Smackdown, Impact, NXT, etc.

Threadjack?

No threadjack. leojay offered to do a version of the tutorial for Transparency, seeing as mine is Nox specific. It was my suggestion to reserve a space on the first page. Big Grin

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Ned Scott - 2013-07-26

Aaaah. That makes sense.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - curswine - 2013-07-28

Hi again, I'm still having a bit of trouble following the guide, a lot of the PPVs don't appear to be on TMDB is there anything you can suggest?

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-07-28

(2013-07-28, 01:13)curswine Wrote: Hi again, I'm still having a bit of trouble following the guide, a lot of the PPVs don't appear to be on TMDB is there anything you can suggest?

This is still a WIP, there are a lot of the PPVs that are yet to be added but I'm trying to work my way through them. There are a LOT though, it's going to take some time. If there are any that are missing add them yourself, the details can be fleshed out after the fact. Just use one of the 2013 PPVs as a guide Smile

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - allsa001 - 2013-07-30

Thanks so much for getting this project started again. It makes the wrestling collections look awesome. I have just added 'WWE This Tuesday In Texas (1991)' to the MovieDatabase. Please could you let me know if you are happy with that format, and if so I will complete a few more of the missing ones.

Also, if you are happy with it, please can you add it the 'WWE PPV 1991' list.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-07-30

(2013-07-30, 19:57)allsa001 Wrote: Thanks so much for getting this project started again. It makes the wrestling collections look awesome. I have just added 'WWE This Tuesday In Texas (1991)' to the MovieDatabase. Please could you let me know if you are happy with that format, and if so I will complete a few more of the missing ones.

Also, if you are happy with it, please can you add it the 'WWE PPV 1991' list.

Thanks for the help Big Grin I use imdb as my bible with regards to names so I'd have Mark Calaway as The Undertaker for example. Also, if you can, try to write a story based synopsis referring to the main event and maybe one or two of the undercard matches. It gives the PPV some context and tends to work better IMHO. It's great that your adding a few though, really appreciate the help Wink

Edit: Made a few changes for you, added it to 1991 PPVs, left the synopsis for you Wink

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - allsa001 - 2013-07-30

[/quote]

Thanks for the help Big Grin I use imdb as my bible with regards to names so I'd have Mark Calaway as The Undertaker for example. Also, if you can, try to write a story based synopsis referring to the main event and maybe one or two of the undercard matches. It gives the PPV some context and tends to work better IMHO. It's great that your adding a few though, really appreciate the help Wink
[/quote]

Thanks for that, I shall make the changes now. I'll fill in the missing PPV's as I go along adding my movie files to XBMC. Hopefully get a few done each evening.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - exoscoriae - 2013-08-05

(2013-07-28, 01:13)curswine Wrote: Hi again, I'm still having a bit of trouble following the guide, a lot of the PPVs don't appear to be on TMDB is there anything you can suggest?

I've decided to convert all my tv episode nfo's over to movie nfos. That way XBMC will read in my own nfo files rather than scraping from themoviedb. This gives the benefit of the new movie method without either having to wait for every PPV to be added, or give up all the time one has spent creating their files.

Once I am done (my guess is next week), I'll be happy to post a zip of my file structure sans ppv movies for anyone else. It will contain fanart, poster, and nfo for each ppv. After that I will be looking into thumbs and themes.

I do have a question Deano316 - how are you segregating all these PPV's from your actual movie files? Are is that not happening yet?

I'd prefer to not have 29 smart playlists (one for each year) or several hundred PPV's crowding up my movie selection screen, you know? I suppose if the genre was something specific like WWE, then i could create a smart filter that knocks them out of the movie list.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-08-06

We're still working through the missing PPVs currently, but they are all prefixed with 'WWE' so you just exclude that from your main smart playlist. Then you place your PPVs in per year sets.

Here is a list of PPVs currently on tmdb:

http://www.themoviedb.org/list/51fcef2319c29508e0172c63

If any of you can help adding the missing ones it would be appreciated. If any are added, PM me and I'll add them to the list Wink allsa001 great work so far man Big Grin

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - exoscoriae - 2013-08-06

I'll start cruising through and adding missing ones whole filling out existing ones. I have already added fanart and a few other extras for some earlier ppv's earlier today.

Question - When I scraped it automatically put the 2 ppv's from 1985 in a set, and it filled out the <set> field for WM2. It did not do this for WM3 or Survivor Series 1 though (1987). I looked arounf on tmdb and could not find where the series tag could be set. I'd like to add these, so where might I look for this info?

I'll post here as I complete each year.

One more question - All the sets should look nice and clean when set by year except for 1986. Since there is only one ppv that year, it will default to Wrestlemania II (or at least it does for me). Any tricks to getting that to name properly? I haven't messed with it much, but I'm hoping I can manually rename the set.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - allsa001 - 2013-08-06

Nice one exoscoriae, I can't help you with your question I am afraid. However, thanks for helping out with the PPV's on TMDB. Between the three of us, it shouldn't take us too long to get them all completed.