• 1(current)
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.
Edit zag, see this post for more up-to-date scraper and artwork.

When I first began using XBMC, I didn't know where to start. But through trial and error, a little bit of help and perseverence I think I've come up with a pretty decent solution.

I guess the obvious place to start would be to collect your media, your PPVs. That part you can work out for yourself. Then you need to source your artwork and although the TVdb will give you some you will be missing quite bit if you want the 'wow' factor.

I get most of mine from this site: http://www.unchained-wwe.com/

They're very high res and they have the PPV backdrops you'll need, although only for the recent PPVs (2010,2011), for the older ones you may have to be a bit more inventive. Google is your friend here. I will post a link later to a few that I have to get you started.

You'll also need a few .mp3 themes which you can source from Youtube or wherever. A good place to check which theme goes with which PPV is: http://wweppvthemesongs.blogspot.com/

Lastly you'll need a PPV poster and thumb. Just google the poster and use any size wallpaper for the thumb.

Okay, this is where we want to end up:

First, find the relevant PPV on the TVdb, and rename the file accordingly. Then you need to setup your folder structure:

WWE Pay-Per-View>Season**>S**E**>S**E**.mkv(or .avi).

The first two should update automatically, although you do need to copy the CLEARlogo from WWE Pay-Per-View to each Season folder. The last folder 'S**E**', Should contain: S**E**.mkv/avi, fanart, poster, thumb, theme.mp3.

If you repeat this for each PPV (episode), they should all each have their own fanart and poster. The thumb is assigned by pressing Ctrl+D and selecting the thumb from the relevant folder. The individual theme.mp3 will play when you finish watching a PPV (assuming you have TVTunes installed). Alternatively, while you're browsing you can press 'x' and it will play the theme of the currently highlighted PPV. Incidentally, this method will work with any tv show if the season theme.mp3 differs from the root folder.mp3.

I must point out, I have it working properly on Dharma Nox but only with an alteration to the skin (a simple cut of paste of a .xml which I am more than happy to share). Without the fix, it will work fine except that the episode poster will be blank but that's only if you use the lowlist view. I have tried this setup with Dharma Nox, Pre-Eden Nox and MQ3.

I currently use MQ3 and have WWE setup on my main menu, with five sub-headings: Pay-Per View, Specials, RAW, SmackDown!, Tough Enough.

I setup some custom folders to use as rotating backdrops. I'll add instructions later in the thread on how to create your own WWE Specials and UFC PPVs using a similar method, although it does require a little more work. Also, I will add instructions on how to use PseudoTV to create your own WWE and UFC channels.

Feel free to ask any questions below, if you get stuck with getting hold of any artwork etc PM me I'll be happy to help. This is my first mini tutorial so apologies if it's not as simple as it could be.
That's freaking awesome. Love how you have it setup in your main menu with those submenus of particular shows.
Looking forward to the rest of this as well. How do you handle things like having multiple videos for each event? For example, you could have the UFC 100 event, UFC 100 undercard fights, UFC 100 Countdown Preview, UFC 100 Weight-Ins, etc.
xbmc17 Wrote:Looking forward to the rest of this as well. How do you handle things like having multiple videos for each event? For example, you could have the UFC 100 event, UFC 100 undercard fights, UFC 100 Countdown Preview, UFC 100 Weight-Ins, etc.

I make my own .nfos for UFC PPvs, so each event has it's own season. Undercard, weigh-ins are episodes so you edit them accordingly. That way everything stays in order, plus you can get things just the way you like it. I haven't spent quite as much time on my UFC collection as I'd like, but I'm going to go back and add weigh-ins etc. I will be continuing my mini-tutorial in the next couple of days so please check back.

patm95 Wrote:That's freaking awesome. Love how you have it setup in your main menu with those submenus of particular shows.

Yeah thanks, its nice to have something that really fits in with the main menu. I think it's the artwork that really makes it pop.

Don't know if you two have tried to emulate this yet but once you have TVTunes working with this its frikkin' awesome. Stay tuned!! Nod
Hi,

I am looking to do this for my UFC events, but I don't run MQ3. Can someone explain how to get the custom menus on the homepage using Confluence skin on the latest nightly builds?
chrishorton7 Wrote:Hi,

I am looking to do this for my UFC events, but I don't run MQ3. Can someone explain how to get the custom menus on the homepage using Confluence skin on the latest nightly builds?

I've only used Aeon Nox and MQ3, but I will look into it for you bro. Shouldn't be too difficult though.

Edit: It seems Confluence doesn't have that option, well out of the box at least. Have you thought about trying Aeon Nox? MQ3 is awesome but it can run slow on a low spec PC. You should be able to get some great results with Nox, I can help you with that skin.
Okay, for UFC PPVs you need to create your own .nfo for each one because the TVdb doesn't host sport. I personally think UFC content sits better with TV shows rather than movies because it allows you more versatility with weigh-ins, specials etc. Also, you get TVTunes support, I know I mention it a lot but it really finishes off the experience IMHO.

Assuming you already have your content, you need a .nfo. I'm pretty sure you can find these in the wiki, but just in case here is an example:

Code:
<episodedetails xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <title>UFC 100</title>
  <season>100</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <aired>2009-07-11</aired>
  <plot>
The event included two championship bouts (Heavyweight and Welterweight) and a fight between the two coaches of the most recent season of The Ultimate Fighter reality series on Spike TV. The main event featured a rematch between UFC Heavyweight Champion, Brock Lesnar, and UFC Interim-Heavyweight Champion, Frank Mir. This title unification bout occurred as a result of former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Randy Couture's year-long "resignation" from the company. During his absence, the UFC created an Interim-Heavyweight Championship that Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira had won by defeating Tim Sylvia. Nogueira and Mir were opposing coaches in The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs Team Mir and would fight for the interim championship at UFC 92.

During the airing of the television program, Couture returned to the company and UFC President Dana White announced that he would defend his title against Lesnar at UFC 91. This meant that the winner of the Couture-Lesnar and Nogueira-Mir matches would face off for the undisputed crown. In his fourth professional fight, Lesnar defeated Couture via technical knockout to become the UFC Heavyweight Champion. Mir was crowned the interim champion after becoming the first fighter to ever finish Nogueira. The match between Lesnar and Mir was set for UFC 98. However, Mir suffered a knee injury during training and was forced out of the bout.[6] It was announced a day later that the proposed fight would be moved to UFC 100 instead. Lesnar and Mir had fought once before, during Brock's UFC debut at UFC 81; which Mir won via a kneebar submission.

The co-main event featured Georges St-Pierre, defending his Welterweight Championship against Thiago Alves. Alves entered the fight with consecutive victories over three of the top UFC welterweights in Josh Koscheck, Matt Hughes and Karo Parisyan. Meanwhile, St-Pierre entered the bout with successful title defenses against top contender Jon Fitch and UFC Lightweight Champion BJ Penn.

The third match on the main card was between top middleweight contenders, Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping. The two served as opposing coaches on the ninth season of The Ultimate Fighter, The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs. United Kingdom, with Henderson leading Team USA and Bisping heading Team UK. Bisping had compiled a professional MMA record of 18–1 and had been undefeated since moving to middleweight. He entered the bout with victories over Charles McCarthy, Jason Day and Chris Leben. On June 2, it was announced that the winner of the Henderson-Bisping Fight would get a shot at the UFC Middleweight Championship against Anderson Silva at a later date.[10][11] A preliminary match-up between Dong Hyun Kim and Jonathan Goulet was originally scheduled to be on the card, but Goulet had to pull out of the bout with a shoulder injury. TJ Grant was named as his replacement.

K-1 HERO'S Light-Heavyweight Champion Yoshihiro Akiyama made his debut in the UFC against Alan Belcher.

This event was awarded Sherdog's 2009 Event of the Year.

</plot>
  <displayseason />
  <displayepisode />
  <watched>false</watched>
  <credits />
  <director />
<rating>88</rating>
</episodedetails>

All you need to worry about changing is: season; episode; airdate; plot; rating. You can find these details on Wikipedia, Amazon.com for the older PPVs or write them yourself. Simply open notepad, cut & paste the above details, edit as required and save as eg. s100e01. You then need to change the filetype to .nfo, but I'll leave you to google that its easy. Add your .nfo to your season folder. The series .nfo you'll need for your root folder is here:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
    <title>UFC</title>
    <rating>10.000001</rating>
    <epbookmark>0.000000</epbookmark>
    <year>0</year>
    <top250>0</top250>
    <season>-1</season>
    <episode>12</episode>
    <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
    <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
    <votes></votes>
    <outline></outline>
    <plot>The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is an American mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion company and the largest in the world. It hosts most of the top-ranked fighters and produces numerous events worldwide.The UFC has seven weight-divisions and enforces the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts.Dana White serves as the president of the UFC; Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta control its parent company, Zuffa, LLC.&#x0D;&#x0A;&#x0D;&#x0A;Inspired by vale tudo tournaments in Brazil,the UFC and the sport of MMA have roots in the ancient Olympic combat sport of Pankration in 648 BC.In 1993, the UFC held its first competition in Denver, Colorado. Showcasing fighters of different disciplines—including boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, wrestling, Muay Thai, karate and other styles—the UFC sought to identify the most effective martial art in a real fight. After a period of political backlash, the UFC gradually underwent reform by embracing stricter rules and achieving sanctioning with State Athletic Commissions.&#x0D;&#x0A;&#x0D;&#x0A;With a cable-television deal and expansion into Canada, Europe, Australia the Middle East, Asia and new markets within the United States, the UFC as of 2011 has gained in popularity, along with greater mainstream-media coverage. As of 2011 viewers can access UFC programming on pay-per-view television in the U.S., Brazil , Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Italy. UFC programming can also be found on Spike, Versus and Ion Television in the U.S., on ESPN in the United Kingdom and Ireland, as well as in over 130 countries and 20 different languages worldwide.</plot>
    <tagline></tagline>
    <runtime></runtime>
    <mpaa>MA</mpaa>
    <playcount>11</playcount>
    <lastplayed></lastplayed>
    <id></id>
    <genre>Sport</genre>
    <premiered>1993-12-11</premiered>
    <status></status>
    <code></code>
    <aired></aired>
    <trailer></trailer>
</tvshow>

Same process as before just copy & paste into notepad, but this time rename the file tvshow.nfo

The folder structure I use is as follows: UFC > S01 > S01E01.mkv

I've started UFC 01 as Season 01, If you have any extras such as weigh-ins , pre-lims etc. order them accordingly. So the weigh-in for ufc 01 would be S01E01, pre-lims S01E02, PPV S01E03 and so on. To each individual season folder I have added a theme.mp3: "Optimus Bellum Domitor", which is the pre fight theme played on the PPVs. In my root folder I have "Face the Pain" by Stamm, the main UFC theme. You'll need to source fanart for each PPV as well as a poster which should be placed in each respective season folder. Also, you need to source a UFC logo.png, a piece of fanart and a poster for your root folder. I have fanart, Logo's, themes, and posters for quite a few so if anyone needs a few PM me.

Again I have UFC setup on my main menu similar to WWE, with three sub-menus this time: PPV, The Ultimate Fighter, Specials. Spend a bit of time and reap the rewards. Big Grin

If anything is unclear please let me know so I can alter the tutorial. Next, WWE Specials.

If you haven't already, make sure you check out the new group dedicated to fans of sports and sports entertainment. If you haven't already recieved an invite please join, the more the merrier. Look forward to hearing from you all. http://forum.xbmc.org/group.php?groupid=33
Looks great
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
I'm writing a new addon called 'MMA Browser' for viewing/organising local MMA videos. It's designed to solve exactly this problem, and hopefully provide a few new interesting features that aren't available in the standard xbmc library. It's still very basic for now but if you're interested you can find out more in the addon thread here.

Thanks,
Paddy
paddycarey Wrote:I'm writing a new addon called 'MMA Browser' for viewing/organising local MMA videos. It's designed to solve exactly this problem, and hopefully provide a few new interesting features that aren't available in the standard xbmc library. It's still very basic for now but if you're interested you can find out more in the addon thread

I'll add your MMA Browser to my signature, may help increase awareness. Big Grin
do you guys have all of these downloaded and saved to your computers, or are they all just links through Icefilms?

sorry if it's a dumb question but i'm new to all of this. i am looking to ditch cable and it's the best time to do it b/c we are moving very soon. i used to buy movies all the time but it adds up and i'm looking to save a bit. i only buy 3d movies right now b/c we like the quality of them.

what type of setups do you guys have and how has it worked for you?
littlepooch21 Wrote:do you guys have all of these downloaded and saved to your computers, or are they all just links through Icefilms?

sorry if it's a dumb question but i'm new to all of this. i am looking to ditch cable and it's the best time to do it b/c we are moving very soon. i used to buy movies all the time but it adds up and i'm looking to save a bit. i only buy 3d movies right now b/c we like the quality of them.

what type of setups do you guys have and how has it worked for you?

All local I'm afraid. I do use Icefilms occasionally when I want to try out a new show or whatever, but for WWE and MMA it's a manual download. To be honest though depending on what part of the world you're in, you could probably get your sports fix from SportsDevil. You can find live feeds for UFC and WWE on that add-on. Hope this helps.
is there a sports scrapper?
for what ever reason i can not get posters to show up. I am using the UFC method for wrestling. Im on aeon nox 2.0. Any help would be great. Thanks. I should add the poster is showing on the episode level but not the show level.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.1