Kodi Community Forum
WMC as the backend - released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: WMC as the backend - released (/showthread.php?tid=171216)

RE: WMC as the backend - released - cflynt - 2013-09-29

Now I have a new issue, that I think I already know the answer to, and I don't believe it has ANYTHING to do with this plugin. I am guessing being as by default my keyboard mapping is UP and DOWN Arrows do seeking for me, that conflicts with going through the channels while watching TV heh. Figured it would know I was in LiveTV and not do that, but do I need to re-map to fix that?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 05:49)TechLife Wrote: Should \Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons\ populate itself when using "my channel logos XL" or do I have to manually copy them over? I added them in mclXL and they display fine in WMC. They also display fine in XBMC running on the same machine as ServerWMC. Unfortunately, that directory is empty so they do not display on my other clients...

I am going to look at channel icons next, because I know people have been having problems with them. But to answer your question, yes it should auto populate. I am done for the evening though, I will look at this tomorrow.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - cflynt - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 05:57)krustyreturns Wrote: I am done for the evening though, I will look at this tomorrow.

Thanks Krusty for the help and development of this. Been waiting for this for a long time. THANKS

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 05:56)cflynt Wrote: Now I have a new issue, that I think I already know the answer to, and I don't believe it has ANYTHING to do with this plugin. I am guessing being as by default my keyboard mapping is UP and DOWN Arrows do seeking for me, that conflicts with going through the channels while watching TV heh. Figured it would know I was in LiveTV and not do that, but do I need to re-map to fix that?

Not sure, look in keyboard.xml and remote.xml for the various screen descriptions such as fullscreenvideo etc and try and find the one that relates to channel overlays or however its described, most are pretty obvious when you read them. Then make your edits in that section.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - scarecrow420 - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 05:20)TechLife Wrote: Hi all! I just wanted to let everyone know I have started my work on the Wiki pages as promised earlier. Here is what I have so far:

- Added ServerWMC as an option under Windows in the list of available backends here: PVR/Backend. This should give the project additional (and well deserved) exposure.
- Added a new page dedicated to ServerWMC itself here: PVR/Backend/ServerWMC. All of the other backends have separate, dedicated pages for the backend and server and I feel this one should be handled the same. It will provide to be easier to find the needed information in the long run not having both jammed together.

The goal here is to document this wonderful package in a nature that is easy to follow for beginners. In turn, we should be able to cut down on the amount of time a user has to spend sorting through this thread for answers to simple questions (not to mention questions asked over and over again). This should provide a much more pleasurable experience for everyone. Please feel free to make notes here of items that need to be added or corrected. You are also more than welcome to PM me info, suggestions, etc. that you wish to see added so as not to clutter the thread. As mentioned in the first post, for those comfortable doing so, please feel free to apply for access to the Wiki and add information as you see fit. (And let's face it, I'll be happy to have the help!)

This is fantastic stuff TechLife! I am a bit of a wiki noob, I couldnt figure out how to add pages for ServerWMC to be a "real PVR addon" so I just created that regular addon wiki page as a place to get started. We should ditch that addon page I created and just use your proper PVR Addon one so feel free to move whatever content over is appropriate, and then we will remove the page I had knocked up

I also echo the sentiments of having a Known Issues section and/or possibly an FAQ section to cover some of the common issues people are having

RE: WMC as the backend - released - TechLife - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 11:51)scarecrow420 Wrote: This is fantastic stuff TechLife! I am a bit of a wiki noob, I couldnt figure out how to add pages for ServerWMC to be a "real PVR addon" so I just created that regular addon wiki page as a place to get started. We should ditch that addon page I created and just use your proper PVR Addon one so feel free to move whatever content over is appropriate, and then we will remove the page I had knocked up

I also echo the sentiments of having a Known Issues section and/or possibly an FAQ section to cover some of the common issues people are having

Thanks scarecrow. Truth be told, I have never edited a Wiki before in my life LOL. Don't downplay what you started. It's the entire foundation for what I am putting together! My plan is to continue work on the server page and then move on to the add-on page you started. (Though as ADD as I am, I'll probably jump back and forth.) We'll reformat a little so it flows with the server page but it isn't going anywhere. Then I need to go through this thread with a fine toothed comb. The recurring questions that aren't already covered in the 101 documentation will become the FAQ / Know Issues / Advanced Configuration sections.

Please feel free to help out as much as you like and PM me whenever with questions, suggestions, etc. I just started using this package a couple days ago so your more intimate knowledge will be very valuable!

RE: WMC as the backend - released - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 05:57)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 05:49)TechLife Wrote: Should \Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons\ populate itself when using "my channel logos XL" or do I have to manually copy them over? I added them in mclXL and they display fine in WMC. They also display fine in XBMC running on the same machine as ServerWMC. Unfortunately, that directory is empty so they do not display on my other clients...

I am going to look at channel icons next, because I know people have been having problems with them. But to answer your question, yes it should auto populate. I am done for the evening though, I will look at this tomorrow.

I've had to setup, and reinstall multiple times (don't ask) but I've experienced both, where the icons auto populate on my client only machine and sometimes I have to force ti by copying icons to the "\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons\" folder. This has never happened on the server/client machine, icons always populate. But the work around for me on the remote client has always been to copy icons to the "\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons\" folder.

(P.S. I just installed Margro's build. Holy crap!)

TechLife, as far as the Margo Build, what's your feedback? Have you experienced any weirdness with the picture while watching LiveTV?

I've noticed while using the Margo Build I'd normally get that split second of the picture jumping.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - sgibbers17 - 2013-09-29

I have 2 windows 8 MCE PCs one of them has a tuner. My issues with using MCE as a PVR are that I can't tell one PC to record from another and that I can not delete a shared recording stored on the host PC from the client PC.

Will using MCE as a backend to XBMC fix these issues for me?

I have tried the nextPVR backend and I did not like it as much as MCE so I went back. My main issue with NextPVR is that the channel numbers were not the same as the broadcast numbers (channel 4.1 was showing up as 1, 4.2 as 2) and it also did not use the common name for the channel (in stead of FOX it was KLJB and ABC was WQAD)

(2013-09-29, 16:36)sgibbers17 Wrote: I have 2 windows 8 MCE PCs one of them has a tuner. My issues with using MCE as a PVR are that I can't tell one PC to record from another and that I can not delete a shared recording stored on the host PC from the client PC.

Will using MCE as a backend to XBMC fix these issues for me?

I have tried the nextPVR backend and I did not like it as much as MCE so I went back. My main issue with NextPVR is that the channel numbers were not the same as the broadcast numbers (channel 4.1 was showing up as 1, 4.2 as 2) and it also did not use the common name for the channel (in stead of FOX it was KLJB and ABC was WQAD)

sgibbers17, as we speak I'm recording an episode I just started from my remote client. so yes it does work without an issue. Make sure you have your RecordedTV folder fully shared as "Read/Write".

All channel numbers are mirrored from WMC. See Below

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Slowfoxtrot - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-24, 18:34)svanhess Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 18:01)krustyreturns Wrote: The linux builds of 1011 client are up on the download page.

(2013-09-23, 22:22)svanhess Wrote: Yep, that was it. Thanks for your help! All is working well now. Here's a link to the 64bit version I'm using for OS X 10.8.5: http://ge.tt/66P5gps/v/0?c

Thank you! I really welcome addition to the download page. Sent you a PM too, please take a look when you can.

No problem! I'm glad to help. I'll definitely do my best to help out with the OS X builds. I'm still fairly new to compiling these builds (more of a Ruby/Java) developer, but I absorb most things pretty quickly.

I started out with XBMC back in the early days modding the original xbox and have used it ever since. I'm super excited about this plugin since it solves my problem (and probably most XBMC users in the US) that rely on WMC as their main entrance to live TV. Can't wait to ditch my loud Xbox extenders!

I am working on a build for the Apple TV. I already successfully built a 64bit version for OSX 10.8.5 like svanhess did to practice up. However, I have gotten to the step of running ./bootstrap with different results on my Apple TV as to when I run the same command on my Macbook Pro:

http://pastebin.com/VuQeGR8E

I seem to be missing a recursive search entering all the addon directories. Why would that not trigger?

Thanks!
Slowfoxtrot

Upon further inspection it appears to be a difference with automake. Automake on my macbook is at version 1.13.3 while it is 1.11.2 on my Apple TV. Could this be causing it to not work?

(2013-09-29, 17:30)Slowfoxtrot Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 18:34)svanhess Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 18:01)krustyreturns Wrote: The linux builds of 1011 client are up on the download page.

Thank you! I really welcome addition to the download page. Sent you a PM too, please take a look when you can.

No problem! I'm glad to help. I'll definitely do my best to help out with the OS X builds. I'm still fairly new to compiling these builds (more of a Ruby/Java) developer, but I absorb most things pretty quickly.

I started out with XBMC back in the early days modding the original xbox and have used it ever since. I'm super excited about this plugin since it solves my problem (and probably most XBMC users in the US) that rely on WMC as their main entrance to live TV. Can't wait to ditch my loud Xbox extenders!

I am working on a build for the Apple TV. I already successfully built a 64bit version for OSX 10.8.5 like svanhess did to practice up. However, I have gotten to the step of running ./bootstrap with different results on my Apple TV as to when I run the same command on my Macbook Pro:

http://pastebin.com/VuQeGR8E

I seem to be missing a recursive search entering all the addon directories. Why would that not trigger?

Thanks!
Slowfoxtrot

Upon further inspection it appears to be a difference with automake. Automake on my macbook is at version 1.13.3 while it is 1.11.2 on my Apple TV. Could this be causing it to not work?

Moving onto the next step it gets even more different:

http://pastebin.com/5EGbVVBC

In other words the Apple TV does nothing. It doesn't even return an error code of any kind. It sits for about 10 seconds then just goes back to the prompt. What am I missing?

Thanks!

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 17:48)Slowfoxtrot Wrote: ...
Thanks!

Sorry, but I have no idea. Hopefully svanhess will see this post and have some insight. For my own edification, why can't you use the apple client build he did?

Also, it's better if you use 'pastebin.com' for log output, rather than take up pages in this thread with long log postings.

EDIT - Oh I get it, its Apple TV. I hope you can get it going!

RE: WMC as the backend - released - TechLife - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 16:28)hoopsdavis Wrote: I've had to setup, and reinstall multiple times (don't ask) but I've experienced both, where the icons auto populate on my client only machine and sometimes I have to force ti by copying icons to the "\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons\" folder. This has never happened on the server/client machine, icons always populate. But the work around for me on the remote client has always been to copy icons to the "\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons\" folder.
I assume you are using mclXL? Where did you copy the icons from? Just the included library? I'm hoping krusty can sort this out but I have no problem copying the icons over myself if necessary.

(2013-09-29, 16:28)hoopsdavis Wrote: TechLife, as far as the Margo Build, what's your feedback? Have you experienced any weirdness with the picture while watching LiveTV?

I've noticed while using the Margo Build I'd normally get that split second of the picture jumping.
I just installed it last night and noted how quickly the channels change in comparison. I didn't really watch it at all. I plan on watching football on it all day today so I will let you know what I find.

(2013-09-29, 18:41)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 17:48)Slowfoxtrot Wrote: ...
Thanks!

Sorry, but I have no idea. Hopefully svanhess will see this post and have some insight. For my own edification, why can't you use the apple client build he did?

Also, it's better if you use 'pastebin.com' for log output, rather than take up pages in this thread with long log postings.

EDIT - Oh I get it, its Apple TV. I hope you can get it going!

I apologize, I have moved everything over to pastebin. Hopefully svanhess can shed some light as I would really like to help develop this for the Apple TV!

(2013-09-29, 18:50)TechLife Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 16:28)hoopsdavis Wrote: I've had to setup, and reinstall multiple times (don't ask) but I've experienced both, where the icons auto populate on my client only machine and sometimes I have to force ti by copying icons to the "\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons\" folder. This has never happened on the server/client machine, icons always populate. But the work around for me on the remote client has always been to copy icons to the "\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons\" folder.
I assume you are using mclXL? Where did you copy the icons from? Just the included library? I'm hoping krusty can sort this out but I have no problem copying the icons over myself if necessary.

(2013-09-29, 16:28)hoopsdavis Wrote: TechLife, as far as the Margo Build, what's your feedback? Have you experienced any weirdness with the picture while watching LiveTV?

I just installed it last night and noted how quickly the channels change in comparison. I didn't really watch it at all. I plan on watching football on it all day today so I will let you know what I find.
No I'm not using mclXL, I'm only using what wmc give as far as EPG data.
I actually got the icons from the (My Channel Logo) app for wmc.   Here's a link to just the icons:  My Channel Logos

I'm running the Margo build now (as of today) my channel changing speeds are ridiculously fast.

My qam channels are changing in 2.5 seconds, digital takes 4 seconds.

Using the "0" to jumb back to last channel is only taking 1.5 seconds.