Kodi Community Forum
WMC as the backend - released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: WMC as the backend - released (/showthread.php?tid=171216)

RE: WMC as the backend - released - edgedamage - 2013-10-06

(2013-10-05, 18:01)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-05, 13:56)TheImmortal Wrote: WMC displays thumbnails for common shows/movies in it's EPG. Is this data transferable to the PVR client in a similar fashion to the channel icons?

Interesting. The wmc database specifies the show icons through internet addresses. Here is an example one from my wmc database:
e.Program.GuideImage.ImageUrl = "http://images.windowsmedia.com/tvcards/org/2633_19.jpg"

I just pass this url onto the clients and that has been working for me. It seems like the only way it could fail is if your raspbmc does not have an internet connection - or xbmc is not allowed to use the connection. Is that the problem?

To answer your question though, yes, I could cache the guide icons the same way I do channel icons, if for some reason the url's don't work - but I wonder why they don't work. Please let me know.

(2013-10-05, 16:29)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-10-05, 14:47)edgedamage Wrote: Working great here with, RASPBMC & WIN7. Only one little minor problem, the recordings folder never populates with recorded shows. Even after a successful recording, ServerWMC even shows Recordings: 0. I am able to manually browse to the "Recorded TV" folder on the win7 box with RASPBMC. and play the recorded shows.

Sounds like you don't have the correct folder being watched.

Have you changed your recorded TV folder?
Are you able to see the recordings on the main server PC from within xbmc?
Do you have the correct networked recorded TV folder listed in serverWMC (folders tab)
Also, if you have credentials enabled in serverWMC (folders tab) disable, restart serverWMC and try again.

Hoops advice is excellent, with one quibble: for the raspbmc client credentials need to be enabled with the correct info (unless you set up the credentials with path substitution in xbmc's config).

Also, make sure you aren't 'watching' any other other folders for recorded tv in your wmc settings except for the main recorded folder.
Still not getting the recorded shows populating the folder. In the VIDEOS tab I am able to add the recorded tv folder as a source, and everything is there. On my PC version of XBMC EVERYTHING works perfect. The PI is being jerk about the recorded programs. If I start ServerWMC first and then the PI everything on the status page fills out after the PI boots. But the recordings still shows 0.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - bob808 - 2013-10-06

Thanks Krusty it was the credentials it now works again! I do have a couple of recordings that don't play but most seem to - any idea what may cause that as they Akan fine in windows mce.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-06

I'm seeing the same with recordings on non native clients being empty. log shows:
\
2013/10/05 18:58:25.900 Convert2ClientPath> local recording path: F:\Recorded TV\
2013/10/05 18:58:25.900 Convert2ClientPath> network recording path: smb://MIKE-PC/RecordedTV
2013/10/05 18:58:25.900 GetRecordings error: Convert2ClientPath> path not resolved
2013/10/05 18:58:25.901 Finished request GetRecordings in 0.60s

My recordings are on a different network share on a WHS2011 where they are moved automatically by WMC

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-06

(2013-10-06, 00:38)bob808 Wrote: Thanks Krusty it was the credentials it now works again! I do have a couple of recordings that don't play but most seem to - any idea what may cause that as they Akan fine in windows mce.

Glad it works again (how it was working before w/o credentials, lets just ignore Smile). As for the wtv's that don't play, are they actually in a different directory than wmc's recording folder (the one it stores recordings to)?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - spaceboy - 2013-10-06

ok file is uploading at present. btw i can schedule and stop recordings from the remote client!

my wifi seems fast enough, playback of the wtv file i uploaded is smooth in wmp, wmc connected via wifi. but i hard wired it anyway just to see, there's no change really, just the spinning working circle and then it stops

(2013-10-06, 01:06)Dilligaf Wrote: I'm seeing the same with recordings on non native clients being empty. log shows:
\
2013/10/05 18:58:25.900 Convert2ClientPath> local recording path: F:\Recorded TV\
2013/10/05 18:58:25.900 Convert2ClientPath> network recording path: smb://MIKE-PC/RecordedTV
2013/10/05 18:58:25.900 GetRecordings error: Convert2ClientPath> path not resolved
2013/10/05 18:58:25.901 Finished request GetRecordings in 0.60s

My recordings are on a different network share on a WHS2011 where they are moved automatically by WMC

I need to see a little more of the log before the part you listed above, the clump of lines that start with: Convert2ClientPath>

So your wtv files are moved from the 'recorded tv' folder on your windows/server computer to a network share, and WMC does the moving? How do you get wmc to move the files?

Anyway this is a known problem, namely your wtv files need to be stored in the main windows 'recorded tv' folder. You should have this same problem with a windows remote client too, not just non-windows clients.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-06

Here are the lines:

2013/10/05 19:28:31.902 Received client request: 192.168.1.134|GetRecordings
2013/10/05 19:28:32.537 Convert2ClientPath> error path not resolved:
2013/10/05 19:28:32.537 Convert2ClientPath> inPath: C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Sample Media\win7_scenic-demoshort_raw.wtv
2013/10/05 19:28:32.537 Convert2ClientPath> local recording path: F:\Recorded TV\
2013/10/05 19:28:32.537 Convert2ClientPath> network recording path: smb://MIKE-PC/RecordedTV
2013/10/05 19:28:32.538 GetRecordings error: Convert2ClientPath> path not resolved
2013/10/05 19:28:32.538 Finished request GetRecordings in 0.64s

Whs (Windows Home Server) has a Media center add on that will automatically move recordings to it from your WMC PCs It's really a non-issue with me but I thought I would throw in a "me too"

(2013-10-06, 01:19)spaceboy Wrote: ok file is uploading at present. btw i can schedule and stop recordings from the remote client!

my wifi seems fast enough, playback of the wtv file i uploaded is smooth in wmp, wmc connected via wifi. but i hard wired it anyway just to see, there's no change really, just the spinning working circle and then it stops

I have your wtv file thanks, I'll check it out when I get a chance.

As to your client problem, I am confused as to the problem. Are you ever able to watch live-tv with it? Can you watch recorded tv with it?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - TheImmortal - 2013-10-06

Krusty,

Can I get your input on this (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170954&pid=1521723#pid1521723) regarding showing thumbnails in the EPG? At what point does the backend provide the image URL you mentioned before?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - spaceboy - 2013-10-06

(2013-10-06, 01:37)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 01:19)spaceboy Wrote: ok file is uploading at present. btw i can schedule and stop recordings from the remote client!

I have your wtv file thanks, I'll check it out when I get a chance.

As to your client problem, I am confused as to the problem. Are you ever able to watch live-tv with it? Can you watch recorded tv with it?

no, on the remote client i can't do anything. everything loads, i see all the recordings but when i play nothing happens. same happens with live tv except wmcserver thinks it is streaming to the client

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Mackster - 2013-10-06

Thank you so much for putting this together. This is by far the best solution for those of us using Windows as our primary media server.

Question, is there an Apple TV plug-in yet? I saw that someone was trying to put one together, but not sure if that ever worked or not. That's the only thing keeping this from being 100% on the wife acceptance scale.

Thanks again!

RE: WMC as the backend - released - edgedamage - 2013-10-06

(2013-10-06, 00:27)edgedamage Wrote:
(2013-10-05, 18:01)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-05, 13:56)TheImmortal Wrote: WMC displays thumbnails for common shows/movies in it's EPG. Is this data transferable to the PVR client in a similar fashion to the channel icons?

Interesting. The wmc database specifies the show icons through internet addresses. Here is an example one from my wmc database:
e.Program.GuideImage.ImageUrl = "http://images.windowsmedia.com/tvcards/org/2633_19.jpg"

I just pass this url onto the clients and that has been working for me. It seems like the only way it could fail is if your raspbmc does not have an internet connection - or xbmc is not allowed to use the connection. Is that the problem?

To answer your question though, yes, I could cache the guide icons the same way I do channel icons, if for some reason the url's don't work - but I wonder why they don't work. Please let me know.

(2013-10-05, 16:29)hoopsdavis Wrote: Sounds like you don't have the correct folder being watched.

Have you changed your recorded TV folder?
Are you able to see the recordings on the main server PC from within xbmc?
Do you have the correct networked recorded TV folder listed in serverWMC (folders tab)
Also, if you have credentials enabled in serverWMC (folders tab) disable, restart serverWMC and try again.

Hoops advice is excellent, with one quibble: for the raspbmc client credentials need to be enabled with the correct info (unless you set up the credentials with path substitution in xbmc's config).

Also, make sure you aren't 'watching' any other other folders for recorded tv in your wmc settings except for the main recorded folder.
Still not getting the recorded shows populating the folder. In the VIDEOS tab I am able to add the recorded tv folder as a source, and everything is there. On my PC version of XBMC EVERYTHING works perfect. The PI is being jerk about the recorded programs. If I start ServerWMC first and then the PI everything on the status page fills out after the PI boots. But the recordings still shows 0.

Ok I fixed it, WMC was pointing to a old freenas share. Which didn't bother WMC or the PC version of XBMC. Once I removed the old path within WMC, all is good with the PI. Thanks again to all involved with XBMC.

(2013-10-06, 04:24)edgedamage Wrote: Ok I fixed it, WMC was pointing to a old freenas share. Which didn't bother WMC or the PC version of XBMC. Once I removed the old path within WMC, all is good with the PI. Thanks again to all involved with XBMC.

Glad you fixed it, sorry I didn't get back to you. It would have bothered the pc version of xbmc too if it was running on a remote machine. It sounds like this is the bug of day, I guess its time to fix it.

(2013-10-06, 01:46)TheImmortal Wrote: Krusty,

Can I get your input on this (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170954&pid=1521723#pid1521723) regarding showing thumbnails in the EPG? At what point does the backend provide the image URL you mentioned before?

Yes. And to answer your earlier question, I use confluence for devel and it shows the episode icons for recordings.

To get recordings data, xbmc calls this function in the addon: GetRecordings(ADDON_HANDLE handle)

Its then up to the addon to fill out the data structure below and hand it back to xbmc for each recording it receives from the server (I am eliminating a lot of the fields for brevity):

Code:
typedef struct PVR_RECORDING {
    char   strRecordingId[PVR_ADDON_NAME_STRING_LENGTH];  /*!< @brief (required) unique id of the recording on the client. */
    char   strIconPath[PVR_ADDON_URL_STRING_LENGTH];      /*!< @brief (optional) icon path */
    char   strThumbnailPath[PVR_ADDON_URL_STRING_LENGTH]; /*!< @brief (optional) thumbnail path */
    char   strFanartPath[PVR_ADDON_URL_STRING_LENGTH];    /*!< @brief (optional) fanart path */
  } ATTRIBUTE_PACKED PVR_RECORDING;

For Epg the function is GetEPGForChannel, the data structure there is:

Code:
typedef struct EPG_TAG {
    unsigned int  iUniqueBroadcastId;  /*!< @brief (required) identifier for this event */
    const char *  strTitle;            /*!< @brief (required) this event's title */
    const char *  strPlot;             /*!< @brief (optional) plot */
    const char *  strIconPath;         /*!< @brief (optional) icon path */
    const char *  strEpisodeName;      /*!< @brief (optional) episode name */
  } ATTRIBUTE_PACKED EPG_TAG;

In both cases I fill out strIconPath with the recording/epg image URL's I get from the server. Hope that helps

(2013-10-06, 03:54)Mackster Wrote: Thank you so much for putting this together. This is by far the best solution for those of us using Windows as our primary media server.

Question, is there an Apple TV plug-in yet? I saw that someone was trying to put one together, but not sure if that ever worked or not. That's the only thing keeping this from being 100% on the wife acceptance scale.

Thanks again!

I would like to see this too. I haven't heard from the guy who was trying to compile for apple tv. You could maybe try PM 'ing him to see if he is still working on it (if you don't mind being pushy). Nobody else has contacted me about trying to do it.

(2013-10-06, 01:56)spaceboy Wrote: no, on the remote client i can't do anything. everything loads, i see all the recordings but when i play nothing happens. same happens with live tv except wmcserver thinks it is streaming to the client

This is a non-windows client right? Have you shared the recorded tv folder and set the credentials (see 'folders' tab in server for credentials)?