Kodi Community Forum
WMC as the backend - released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: WMC as the backend - released (/showthread.php?tid=171216)

RE: WMC as the backend - released - superxbmc - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 03:31)superxbmc Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 00:56)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 00:00)superxbmc Wrote: I setup everything and i got my raspberry pi loaded with the latest version of raspmc. I setup windows media center got everything configured and tested for live tv i installed serverwmc latest version as of 10/5/2013. Everything ran correctly the first time i configured serverwmc and then setup the client side my raspberry pi downloaded all the epg data and connected when i tried to load a channel it just said "loading" for 5 minutes to i restarted both my computer and the raspberry pi. Then when i went to fire up serverwmc i get an error "Exception from HRESULT:0x803B8008 Unrecoverable Error - ServerWMC will terminate!" so i uninstalled serverWMC and reinstalled still say error.

Any help would be great ....I searched this thread for the error number with no results

Thank You For Everything you have done

P.S. does windows media center need to be running for serverwmc to work?

No, media center does not need to be running. Did you set the credentials in the folder tab of serverwmc before you tried the raspbmc client?

As to the problem you are having now, you can find the server log in:
C:\ProgramData\VDsoftware\ServerWMC\serverwmc.log

put this file in pasebin.com and post a link to it here.

Here you go
Code:
http://pastebin.com/1uM5vRur

thank you

I got everything working I uninstalled and then manually deleted all the files and reinstalled. I then had an issue with audio and no video but the addition of the mpeg2 codec fixed that. I'll continue my testing but everything appears to be working correctly.

Thank You

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 10:55)spaceboy Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 01:52)Dilligaf Wrote: User:pass@address is standard syntax, I'm not suere but a @ in the user name is most likely to cause problems, maybe quotes around the username like you would use for spaces?? Best bet is to use a username without an @ symbol in it

hi diligaf, but as indicated thats not possible and already working for me on the raspberry pi. the win8 machine has to be logged into the outlook account in order to access things like the Microsoft store, skype etc. there will be an @ in the username.

plus the pi is already accessing smb shares using these credentials under raspbmc

Don't know. I have a user "TV" that is a dedicated htpc user. You can make accounts on Windows machines and make the user a member of IIS_IUSRS group and delete all other group memberships and they will show up for sharing purposes and not have a local login account so they don't show on your login screen. Not sure if this is possible on the "home" versions of Windows or not.
You can set credentials in XBMC rather than in ServerWMC by going to xbmc file manager>add source>browse to source, provide user/pass and check the remember box when prompted

RE: WMC as the backend - released - LehighBri - 2013-10-07

Quick question. I noticed that when I click on Recordings on my raspberry pi, my latest/greatest recordings do not appear until I reboot. Now when I do this same thing on Windows, clicking Recordings always shows the latest/greatest, even those I just recorded.

Any reason why Recordings updates correctly in "real time" on my windows client and not on raspbmc?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - spaceboy - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 13:43)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 01:52)Dilligaf Wrote: User:pass@address is standard syntax, I'm not suere but a @ in the user name is most likely to cause problems, maybe quotes around the username like you would use for spaces?? Best bet is to use a username without an @ symbol in it

hi diligaf, but as indicated thats not possible and already working for me on the raspberry pi. the win8 machine has to be logged into the outlook account in order to access things like the Microsoft store, skype etc. there will be an @ in the username.

plus the pi is already accessing smb shares using these credentials under raspbmc

Don't know. I have a user "TV" that is a dedicated htpc user. You can make accounts on Windows machines and make the user a member of IIS_IUSRS group and delete all other group memberships and they will show up for sharing purposes and not have a local login account so they don't show on your login screen. Not sure if this is possible on the "home" versions of Windows or not.
You can set credentials in XBMC rather than in ServerWMC by going to xbmc file manager>add source>browse to source, provide user/pass and check the remember box when prompted

no, i didn't do anything complicated like that. the only changes i've historically made on the htpc is to share every drive with everyone.

now i remember when i started using the pi to access the win8 machine for the first time i did come up against the issue of having to use my outlook username and password. i don't remember what the resolution was. i believe its just set in the pi when i accessed the smb share for the first time. and the evidence is that it is working, both for stored media and live tv. pretty sure all i have done is this on the pi:

RE: WMC as the backend - released - w84no1 - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 05:56)hoopsdavis Wrote: ...

I've been trying to figure out how to get more info for the EPG data for a long time now, I'd like to see the subtitle info (sports teams and episode title) but I can't find a way to make it happen.

I had a hard time watching football this weekend with out the subtitile info in the guide Confused

If the EPG in XBMC supported subtitle, then a plug could be made that mimics the Sports view on WMC.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - bry - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 15:04)w84no1 Wrote:

I've been trying to figure out how to get more info for the EPG data for a long time now, I'd like to see the subtitle info (sports teams and episode title) but I can't find a way to make it happen.

I had a hard time watching football this weekend with out the subtitile info in the guide Confused

If the EPG in XBMC supported subtitle, then a plug could be made that mimics the Sports view on WMC.

you can try using this in conjunction with schedules direct : http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

RE: WMC as the backend - released - hoopsdavis - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 15:54)bry- Wrote:

you can try using this in conjunction with schedules direct : http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

there's no need for schedules direct when using serverWMC

RE: WMC as the backend - released - User 137418 - 2013-10-07

Okay, I've got a new one. It has happened a few times and I've yet to get a log. Will work on reproducing and grab a log and whatever else is necessary. Sometimes, when changing channels, all of a sudden a channel will come up in SAP (Spanish). It happened last night while watching football. I never knew Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth were so fluent...

I can get it back in English if I quit and restart XBMC (no restart of the WMC server). Last night, I just closed XBMC and watched the rest in WMC with no issue. Anyone seen or experienced anything like this?

Re: RE: WMC as the backend - released - bry - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 16:35)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 15:54)bry- Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 15:04)w84no1 Wrote: I had a hard time watching football this weekend with out the subtitile info in the guide Confused

I happen to prefer the more detailed epg info from schedulesdirect.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - hoopsdavis - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 16:47)bry- Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 15:54)bry- Wrote: you can try using this in conjunction with schedules direct : http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

Are you able to us schedules direct with serverwmc? How?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Slowfoxtrot - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-06, 03:54)Mackster Wrote: Thank you so much for putting this together. This is by far the best solution for those of us using Windows as our primary media server.

Question, is there an Apple TV plug-in yet? I saw that someone was trying to put one together, but not sure if that ever worked or not. That's the only thing keeping this from being 100% on the wife acceptance scale.

Thanks again!

Yes I am still working on this, but am having a difficult time trying to either cross-compile for the ARM architecture from my mac, or compile directly on my Apple TV. I have tried both and both are failing for various reasons. I am trying to work through them but unfortunately I haven't heard from Svanhess in a week or so now. If anyone has experience compiling for iOS or even just creating an Xcode project for xbmc-pvr-addons-frodo, please let me know!

Thanks,
Slowfoxtrot

RE: WMC as the backend - released - w84no1 - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 16:47)bry- Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 15:54)bry- Wrote: you can try using this in conjunction with schedules direct : http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

Does schedules direct add the subtitles(Sports Teams) into the description? If not, then it doesn't help. WMC has the subtitle, it is XBMC's PVR EPG that doesn't read it.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - edgedamage - 2013-10-07

Looks like last nights Raspbmc Hot Fix destroyed the live TV and recordings playback. ServerWMC will show its streaming to the PI but the PI is just sitting at the channels screen. You have to exit the Live TV tab to playback recorded files.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-08

I found the deal with this credential and @ problem: The way its been working is that if credentials are setup in the server my software includes then in the path sent to xbmc - this was working fine because if the client was a windows client xbmc ignored the credentials, if the client was non-windows xbmc used the credentials to connect.

But this behavior breaks if '@' is in the username, the windows client will no longer ignore the credentials - it just fails. So its the xbmc code that breaks if @ is there, my code had trouble with @ too, but just in terms of hiding the passwd from setup and log files.

So now I have modified the server software so that if the client is windows the credentials are left out completely, but they are included if the client is non-windows. I figured it was better to do it this way since the @ with windows 8 will probably just become more common. These fixes and others will be in the next server release.

(2013-10-07, 13:04)superxbmc Wrote: I got everything working I uninstalled and then manually deleted all the files and reinstalled. I then had an issue with audio and no video but the addition of the mpeg2 codec fixed that. I'll continue my testing but everything appears to be working correctly.

Thank You

Great! Thanks for following up.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-08

(2013-10-07, 13:46)LehighBri Wrote: Quick question. I noticed that when I click on Recordings on my raspberry pi, my latest/greatest recordings do not appear until I reboot. Now when I do this same thing on Windows, clicking Recordings always shows the latest/greatest, even those I just recorded.

Any reason why Recordings updates correctly in "real time" on my windows client and not on raspbmc?

I was wondering when someone would notice this.

When the server knows that the recordings list needs to be updated (for example when it knows a recorded will be starting soon), it signals the addon to do a recordings update after a delay. If the addon is a windows client, it starts a wait-timer function that waits a certain number of seconds and then tells xbmc to update the recordings list. However this wait-timer function is not portable to non-windows clients, so in non-windows you just have to wait for xbmc to do a recordings update on its own - how often this happens or what triggers it, I have not been able to determine.

There are some tricks I can do to possibly make these updates happen quicker for non-windows, but I have not implemented it yet, but its on the todo list.

Is the frustration here that you can't see what teams are playing in the guide view?

(2013-10-07, 17:19)Slowfoxtrot Wrote: Yes I am still working on this, but am having a difficult time trying to either cross-compile for the ARM architecture from my mac, or compile directly on my Apple TV. I have tried both and both are failing for various reasons. I am trying to work through them but unfortunately I haven't heard from Svanhess in a week or so now. If anyone has experience compiling for iOS or even just creating an Xcode project for xbmc-pvr-addons-frodo, please let me know!

Thanks,
Slowfoxtrot

Thanks for the update, glad to you know you are still working on it. I wish I could help.