Kodi Community Forum
WMC as the backend - released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: WMC as the backend - released (/showthread.php?tid=171216)

RE: WMC as the backend - released - TheImmortal - 2013-10-08

I found where the option is in WMC to change the padding at the end from 10 Minutes When Possible to just 10 Minutes and I updated all my recordings to reflect that from inside WMC. If this can be added to the server settings it would be perfect!

RE: WMC as the backend - released - 1358 - 2013-10-09

does there exist binaries for openelec on the rpi?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-08, 09:40)spaceboy Wrote: kr - so i'd like to try and look at the problems with the pi's now if we can? what info can i provide you with regarding the no video errors on live tv and recorded tv not playing at all?

thanks

Somehow I thought the pi was working for you. Usually if both live tv and rec tv are not working its because of a network path problem between the clent and server, since they both relay on it, and usually with pi its due to the credentials. I am going to release a version of the server, hopefully today, that will fix the known path issues, including the '@' in the credentials. Maybe this will resolve it. If not we can deal with this after.

(2013-10-09, 15:16)1358 Wrote: does there exist binaries for openelec on the rpi?

For pi the binary of the client was distributed in the last monthly raspbmc update, other than that all the existing binaries are on the web page.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - User 137418 - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 17:40)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-08, 09:40)spaceboy Wrote: kr - so i'd like to try and look at the problems with the pi's now if we can? what info can i provide you with regarding the no video errors on live tv and recorded tv not playing at all?

thanks

Somehow I thought the pi was working for you. Usually if both live tv and rec tv are not working its because of a network path problem between the clent and server, since they both relay on it, and usually with pi its due to the credentials. I am going to release a version of the server, hopefully today, that will fix the known path issues, including the '@' in the credentials. Maybe this will resolve it. If not we can deal with this after.

(2013-10-09, 15:16)1358 Wrote: does there exist binaries for openelec on the rpi?

For pi the binary of the client was distributed in the last monthly raspbmc update, other than that all the existing binaries are on the web page.

I have a Pi arriving tomorrow and I will definitely be testing out the WMC PVR on it. Excited! Planning on Raspbmc, but will likely mess with several.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - sgibbers17 - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-02, 16:49)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 10:28)sgibbers17 Wrote: Few questions

How do you set a series recording? The only way I can think of is to manually set each episode to record.

Is there a way to group recordings so that all the recordings for the same show are together similar to the way Directv lists recordings?

Is there a way to have different ways to list the recording for example a tile view or larger list view.

Series Recordings: go to the show in the epg guide, select your info button on the remote. (here you'll get a pop up) select "Record" after selecting "Yes" you'll get another pop up. On this pop up you'll get the options for "Recording Preference" there you'll be able to select if you want to record single episode of series, after your selection, click "OK" and you're done. (The steps listed are based on the original Confluence skin)

Grouping recordings: I think that's something you'll have to speak to the skinner about

Recording Listings: Another request you'll have to send to the skinner.

I'm not getting the same options as you and I am using the default skin.

These are the screens I get

When I select this show this screen pops up.

I select Add timer and Yes.

After selecting yes I do not get another popup, it brings me back to the EPG Timeline and I do not get the recording preferences popup that you describe.

I then go to timer and select the show I want to edit and I get this screen.

I am not seeing where I can select to record the series. Can you please post some screenshots showing what you are doing?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-09

The Hotfix released a couple days ago broke pvr.wmc in Raspbmc, Sam fixed it yesterday, your PI should work again after a reboot.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - solidstinch - 2013-10-09

How bout this one.

Fresh RaspBMC install. Server installed. I get audio from live tv but not video?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - hoopsdavis - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 18:00)sgibbers17 Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 16:49)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 10:28)sgibbers17 Wrote: Few questions

How do you set a series recording? The only way I can think of is to manually set each episode to record.

Is there a way to group recordings so that all the recordings for the same show are together similar to the way Directv lists recordings?

Is there a way to have different ways to list the recording for example a tile view or larger list view.

Series Recordings: go to the show in the epg guide, select your info button on the remote. (here you'll get a pop up) select "Record" after selecting "Yes" you'll get another pop up. On this pop up you'll get the options for "Recording Preference" there you'll be able to select if you want to record single episode of series, after your selection, click "OK" and you're done. (The steps listed are based on the original Confluence skin)

Grouping recordings: I think that's something you'll have to speak to the skinner about

After selecting yes I do not get another popup, it brings me back to the EPG Timeline and I do not get the recording preferences popup that you describe.

I am not seeing where I can select to record the series. Can you please post some screenshots showing what you are doing?

Sorry, here's what you need to do: Go here: http://tinyurl.com/ou8mc4k
there you'll see two files "DeleteTimer" and "RecordPrefs" you want to drop both files in the in the
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\confluence\1080i folder
Restart xbmc and try again.

(2013-10-09, 18:12)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 18:00)sgibbers17 Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 16:49)hoopsdavis Wrote: Series Recordings: go to the show in the epg guide, select your info button on the remote. (here you'll get a pop up) select "Record" after selecting "Yes" you'll get another pop up. On this pop up you'll get the options for "Recording Preference" there you'll be able to select if you want to record single episode of series, after your selection, click "OK" and you're done. (The steps listed are based on the original Confluence skin)

there you'll see two files "DeleteTimer" and "RecordPrefs" you want to drop both files in the in the
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\confluence\1080i

I don't have a C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\confluence\1080i folder do I just create it?

My folder ends at C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\

also I don't have access to that http://tinyurl.com/ou8mc4k

(2013-10-09, 18:25)sgibbers17 Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 18:12)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 18:00)sgibbers17 Wrote: I'm not getting the same options as you and I am using the default skin.

I don't have a C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\confluence\1080i folder do I just create it?

My mistake, you want to actually go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p

The reason its at this location and not at the previous is because this is the default skin, not a user added skin.

Again, my mistake.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-09

It should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p" you need to copy the files from "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\resources\skins\Confluence\720p" to the 720p folder in Program Files

(2013-10-09, 18:07)solidstinch Wrote: How bout this one.

Fresh RaspBMC install. Server installed. I get audio from live tv but not video?
Sounds like you need to purchase/install the mpeg2 codec from Raspberrypi.org

RE: WMC as the backend - released - solidstinch - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 18:46)Dilligaf Wrote: Sounds like you need to purchase/install the mpeg2 codec from Raspberrypi.org

(2013-10-09, 18:44)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 18:25)sgibbers17 Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 18:12)hoopsdavis Wrote: Sorry, here's what you need to do: Go here: http://tinyurl.com/ou8mc4k

My mistake, you want to actually go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p

The reason its at this location and not at the previous is because this is the default skin, not a user added skin.

Again, my mistake.

When making the series recording I get this screen.

The airtime option does that tell the PVR to only record this series at that time? In other words if the show changes time slots will is record at the new time?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - 1358 - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 17:40)krustyreturns Wrote:
Unfortunately there is no arm-bcm2708-linux-gnueabi build on the web page. As I am using OpenELEC it is not really helpful that it is only included in Raspbmc Smile
However, I'll try the binary fom Raspbmc as soon as I am at home.

Thank you for your efforts!

(2013-10-09, 20:12)sgibbers17 Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 18:44)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 18:25)sgibbers17 Wrote: I don't have a C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\confluence\1080i folder do I just create it?

Again, my mistake.

When making the series recording I get this screen.

The airtime option does that tell the PVR to only record this series at that time? In other words if the show changes time slots will is record at the new time?

I believe thats the same setting as in WMC, telling which time slot the show airs. for instance I think "Once upon A Time" sometimes airs at 7pm and 8pm
If you chose 7pm it'll only air the show at 7pm which is normally the show from the previous week.

I always set my shows to only record new episodes, that way you're not getting reruns of that show.