Kodi Community Forum
WMC as the backend - released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: WMC as the backend - released (/showthread.php?tid=171216)

RE: WMC as the backend - released - LehighBri - 2013-10-10

(2013-10-10, 20:02)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-10, 19:50)LehighBri Wrote: This doesn't have to do with XBMC, it has to do simply with opening the serverwmc application. When it opens for the first time, it scans the WMC EPG (does a bunch of "GetEntries" and after it has about 7000 entries that error message appears. Not sure if there's additional debugging I can do, but ultimately it fails as it's parsing/loading the WMC EPG outside of XBMC.

The server doesn't do 'GetEntries' unless xbmc requests it, so xbmc must be running. There is a stale channel lD in the epg database and xbmc is trying to pull entries from the server using it and its making the server crash (I have fixed this so it won't cause a crash in the next release). If you first run xbmc and reset the pvr database, then run the server the problem will clear.

I can assure you that XBMC is NOT running when I try to run the serverwmc and it's doing getentries (which I thought are querying WMC's EPG). Nonetheless, I reset the PVR DB in XBMC and tried again but still got the same error.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Sz9gQjm.png

UPDATE: Looks like I need to do the same reset on my raspberry pi's and try this again (as I'm guessing that's what is triggering GetEntries).

RE: WMC as the backend - released - BobsledOhio - 2013-10-10

(2013-10-10, 16:45)1358 Wrote: raspmbc-final.img.gz contains sd.img. sd.img contains 1.img. raspbmc-final.img.gz and sd.img can be opend for example by 7-zip.

1.img can be mounted as virtual drive. I did a search for "pvr.wmc". There are two directories with that name. One with only PVR_WMC.pvr and one with a couple of other files, e.g. addon.xml. Copy this directory to ~/.xbmc/addons/ and restart XBMC. After some time (it took about 10 minutes here) it shows up in the disabled-pvr-addon-section.

I wonder if it runs better on LAN. It would be nice if you could post your results! Smile
EDIT: The addon itself runs really smooth. Even long EPG lists load faster than expected on the Pi.

Thanks for the help. I extracted the addon from Raspbmc and installed it into Openelec on my Pi via ssh from my work. I'll test it once I get home and post the results.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-10

(2013-10-10, 20:21)LehighBri Wrote: I can assure you that XBMC is NOT running when I try to run the serverwmc and it's doing getentries (which I thought are querying WMC's EPG). Nonetheless, I reset the PVR DB in XBMC and tried again but still got the same error.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Sz9gQjm.png

UPDATE: Looks like I need to do the same reset on my raspberry pi's and try this again (as I'm guessing that's what is triggering GetEntries).

Xbmc has to be running somewhere - I guess from your update it was running on a pi. If you look at that error window down a few lines you can see where it says worker.ProcessClientRequest - that means an xbmc requested GetEntries.

Hi everyone,

There is a new version of the server (1077) and of the windows client (1012) up. See change logs of both to see what was added and fixed. The major change to the server is watched folders set in wmc will now work in xbmc.

Note: the new client will NOT work with older versions of the server (but the new server will work with old clients).

Thanks to hoopsdavis for testing.

--kr

RE: WMC as the backend - released - coopooc - 2013-10-10

Awesome, thanks Krusty.

Can you tell me if you're actively working on a Linux Gotham version yet or is that for later on down the road. My old boxee box only has a gotham release at this point and I'm itching to try this out on it.

(2013-10-10, 23:38)coopooc Wrote: Awesome, thanks Krusty.

Can you tell me if you're actively working on a Linux Gotham version yet or is that for later on down the road. My old boxee box only has a gotham release at this point and I'm itching to try this out on it.

I will ask the guy who does the linux builds for us if he can do the gotham version as well. I'll let you know what he says (once I get the gotham version updated).

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-11

Just tried the new server and recordings from my server are now showing up. I found that in order to actually play the recordings I had to add credentials for the server in xbmc>file manager>add source.
@Krusty I would not recommend that you incorporate these credentials into the server app and just let people set them up in XBMC, putting them in the server app would be a mess. Unless of course you use the same credentials for all network shares.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - MeMeMe - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-07, 05:56)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 00:10)TheImmortal Wrote:
(2013-10-05, 22:40)krustyreturns Wrote: Very curious about this, please let me know what you find. I assume you see the guide icons when you run the client on the windows server, right?

Is there a known working skin where the thumbs show? I am currently using Arctic and from what I can tell, the skin doesn't support that feature at the moment on the EPG or TV Channels pages, but when I go to Recordings it shows the show thumbnail so somewhere it is working.

I don't think any skin supports what you're looking for, from what I understand the information called for the EPG is xbmc related not skin related.

I've been trying to figure out how to get more info for the EPG data for a long time now, I'd like to see the subtitle info (sports teams and episode title) but I can't find a way to make it happen.

There's a webpage on how to get more WMC metadata programmatically here:
http://experts.windows.com/w/experts_wiki/how-to-access-recorded-tv-metadata-programmatically.aspx

Regrading the modified skin files for Arctic skin mentioned here.
(2013-09-15, 17:35)hoopsdavis Wrote: Yes, you also have them if you have the addon folder.

Look here: \pvr.wmc-windows-1009\pvr.wmc\resources\skins\Confluence\720p

I have tried these files, and what I get is a displ;ay that looks like this

That's almost unusable. It looks like the background of the dialog box is being rendered as transparent. Any way to fix that?

EDit: I tested it with Confluence, and it works properly there. I also tested with Ace (and the above is from Arctic) and it is transparent in both of those. I thought the version above was fixed for Arctic?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-11

Check out this post for Arctic file add ons http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171216&pid=1508429#pid1508429 According to it the files should be included in the skin when it is updated, unsure if it has been updated yet though. When you added the files were you prompted to overwrite existing files??

Thanks! Those files fixed it.

I wasn't prompted to overwrite the first time, so my arctic skin wasn't updated. Arctic gets updated via GIT frequently, but those changes get rolled out to the repository version which I'm using much more slowly.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-11, 01:01)Dilligaf Wrote: Just tried the new server and recordings from my server are now showing up. I found that in order to actually play the recordings I had to add credentials for the server in xbmc>file manager>add source.
@Krusty I would not recommend that you incorporate these credentials into the server app and just let people set them up in XBMC, putting them in the server app would be a mess. Unless of course you use the same credentials for all network shares.

It never crossed my mind that different credentials would be used for different shares (duh). You are right of course, that would be a mess to support.

(2013-10-11, 02:34)MeMeMe Wrote: EDit: I tested it with Confluence, and it works properly there. I also tested with Ace (and the above is from Arctic) and it is transparent in both of those. I thought the version above was fixed for Arctic?

I am not a skinner, writing these confluence dialogs was enough for me and it was just for devel and testing. See the author of your skin of choice if you want them to be adopted there.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - mitchp - 2013-10-11

I'm trying to install on a windows 7 system. Up to date on everything. Double checked .net...

xbmc is up and running (as is windows media center).

When I try to run the serverwmc installer, I get an error that says that it requires .net 4.0 and to install that before trying to install serverwmc. But, .net 4.0 IS installed...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-11, 04:41)mitchp Wrote: I'm trying to install on a windows 7 system. Up to date on everything. Double checked .net...

xbmc is up and running (as is windows media center).

When I try to run the serverwmc installer, I get an error that says that it requires .net 4.0 and to install that before trying to install serverwmc. But, .net 4.0 IS installed...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just double checked and it installs fine. Maybe try reinstalling the .net 4 framework?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - BobsledOhio - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-10, 20:26)BobsledOhio Wrote:
(2013-10-10, 16:45)1358 Wrote: raspmbc-final.img.gz contains sd.img. sd.img contains 1.img. raspbmc-final.img.gz and sd.img can be opend for example by 7-zip.

1.img can be mounted as virtual drive. I did a search for "pvr.wmc". There are two directories with that name. One with only PVR_WMC.pvr and one with a couple of other files, e.g. addon.xml. Copy this directory to ~/.xbmc/addons/ and restart XBMC. After some time (it took about 10 minutes here) it shows up in the disabled-pvr-addon-section.

I wonder if it runs better on LAN. It would be nice if you could post your results! Smile
EDIT: The addon itself runs really smooth. Even long EPG lists load faster than expected on the Pi.

Thanks for the help. I extracted the addon from Raspbmc and installed it into Openelec on my Pi via ssh from my work. I'll test it once I get home and post the results.

Well it appears to be working pretty good on my setup. I uploaded a YouTube video if you'd like to check it out. http://youtu.be/rxE25Vsropk . I did get it to crash once trying to start a recording on a playing video, other than that it has been working fantastic. I saw an updated server was posted so I'll update mine and see if that helps with stability.