Kodi Community Forum
WMC as the backend - released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: WMC as the backend - released (/showthread.php?tid=171216)

RE: - Dilligaf - 2013-10-13

Very helpful. Now can you try replacing the @ symbol in the ServerWMC credentials username with a %40 and see if it works that way?? If it does then the @ symbol in a username simply needs to be changed to %40 to make it work. I'm sure this will happen regularly with the Windows 8 stuff

RE: - spaceboy - 2013-10-13

ok, we are making progress, i have live tv on the pi!! i just made the change dilligaf suggested and that all works well. so thank you very much for that

recorded tv is still not working. when the pi calls for a wtv through serverwmc then what is the process? because i see nothing in the xbmctemp folder and no sign of the client calling it in the serverwmc log. it seems from the raspbmc log that its trying to access the wtv file directly but i thought xbmc coul not do that. visually on the pi it looks like play back is about to start, the screen goes black and the timer pops up but never starts counting

one thing i have noticed and i think i mentioned earlier is that the live tv streams aren't getting deleted. i see this in the log:

2013/10/13 01:26:09.455 StreamProc::Close> error close stream: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\LiveTV_192.168.1.17_DVB-T_104_2013_10_13_01_24_42.wtv' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at ServerWMC.Worker.StreamProc.Close()
2013/10/13 01:26:09.456 CloseLiveStream> -----------------done-------------------------

i think this may be because i have comskip monitoring my wmc recorded tv folder, possibly watching recursive directories. could that be causing this?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - mini__me - 2013-10-13

(2013-10-12, 18:02)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 14:54)mini__me Wrote: Since upgrading the server to 1077 I'm unable to stream live or recorded TV, I can see the wtv and ts file created in the temp directory but it never starts.

Will look into it more later, rolling back to 1055 makes everything work again, and going forward stops again.

Will post logs once I've got them.

Cheers

mini

weird. not being able to start live tv and recorded tv is almost always a remote client problem and the network path not being set up correctly. Check credentials if this is a non-windows client. If you already had credentials setup xbmc, then turn off credentials in the new server version.

http://pastebin.com/z6Df29xX

That's the server side log, is there something client side I can get for you?

http://pastebin.com/AYhcHkGP

XBMC Log for a failure...

RE: WMC as the backend - released - User 137418 - 2013-10-13

(2013-10-12, 18:13)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 16:30)milkman dan Wrote: Trying to post a log from pastebin for the first time, so I hope this works... I am pasting the whole thing because the first line has info about the server running, but the issue arose 10/12/2013 at 9:34am, so you can skip down to that part to look for the issue.

More issues with my audio streams starting in SAP vs ENG. HTPC running server 1077. Watching live TV on my thinkpad running client 1012.

Started watching channel 3.1 (CBS), everything good. I can see two audio channels, both ENG. Switch to channel 6.1 (ABC), plays with no sound, I can see two audio channels, SAP and ENG, SAP listed first. I suspect no sound because it wasn't actually available, I think with the show does actually support SAP, it plays in SAP.

I hit "L" to get the sound/subtitle menu and see that the Castilian audio is selected. Manually switch the audio to ENG and it plays in ENG.

Change to 10.1 (NBC), see both audio streams, ENG listed first, it plays in ENG. Switch back to 6.1 (ABC) and it plays in ENG.

Then the HTPC fell asleep (I haven't configured Advanced WOL to keep it awake while watching on remote clients yet), which is why the log abruptly stops.

Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Thanks for all the great work.

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=nnTaxN71"></script> (well that didn't work)
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=nnTaxN71 (this "raw" link seems to work)

When you are watching one of these stations where the wrong audio is selected, while it is playing, copy the wtv file for me (or temporarily switch off 'delete temp files'). Place it here:
C:\Users\Victor\Google Drive\wtv clips
and let me know its there.

I would like to get these audio problems nailed down (especially since I thought I already had). I could just make it so that there is an option in the server to only grab English or the like, but I would really not like to have to do that. I will look at your log, but I will probably need a file too.

Another interesting thing is that the server went to sleep while playing a stream. I thouight this couldn't happen, because windows detects if a file is open by a remote client and won't go to sleep - this is the way it works for me anyway. I know how to stop windows from sleeping from code and I thought about making it so that if a stream is open the server is locked out of sleep. I wonder if this is because its a non-windows client? Didn't think that would make a difference. Anyone else experiencing this sleep problem?

Here's a log showing that my server fell asleep while accessing a live stream on my win7 laptop: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=KA8jTBe5 Fell asleep at 10:15, I believe. Still trying to get a video file for you of the audio stream issue. Thought I had it, but the file I copied was only the last few seconds and did not capture it, so now I've turned off delete temp files as you suggest. Since then, I can't replicate. Doh! I do also have a raspberry pi on the network, I might completely disconnect it in case it is interfering in any way.

Will keep on trying. Thanks again for all the work!

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-13

(2013-10-13, 13:33)mini__me Wrote: http://pastebin.com/AYhcHkGP

12:32:41 T:3828 ERROR: AddOnLog: Windows Media Center PVR: Error opening stream file, Win32 error code: 123
12:32:41 T:3828 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr]

Looks like permission issue, did you put user/pass in serverWMC folders tab and enable credentials?? If not do so and retry

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-13

(2013-10-13, 02:44)spaceboy Wrote: ok, we are making progress, i have live tv on the pi!! i just made the change dilligaf suggested and that all works well. so thank you very much for that

recorded tv is still not working. when the pi calls for a wtv through serverwmc then what is the process? because i see nothing in the xbmctemp folder and no sign of the client calling it in the serverwmc log. it seems from the raspbmc log that its trying to access the wtv file directly but i thought xbmc coul not do that. visually on the pi it looks like play back is about to start, the screen goes black and the timer pops up but never starts counting

one thing i have noticed and i think i mentioned earlier is that the live tv streams aren't getting deleted. i see this in the log:

2013/10/13 01:26:09.455 StreamProc::Close> error close stream: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\LiveTV_192.168.1.17_DVB-T_104_2013_10_13_01_24_42.wtv' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at ServerWMC.Worker.StreamProc.Close()
2013/10/13 01:26:09.456 CloseLiveStream> -----------------done-------------------------

i think this may be because i have comskip monitoring my wmc recorded tv folder, possibly watching recursive directories. could that be causing this?

Great job dilligaf! The reason your recorded tv didn't work after you made the change is that the paths to the old rec tv files are made when the server starts. So save it with dilligaf's changes and restart the server, rec tv will work then.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-13

@Krusty The change shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into the server should it?? (Note that this is said by a NON coder Smile )

(2013-10-13, 00:14)CTD5 Wrote: I apologize if this has been discussed already (I tried to read through the thread as best I could), but I think I found a bug. Or I'm doing something wrong.

The issue is that if I tune to one channel from an XBMC client and then tune to *the same channel* on another client, it says all tuners are busy. (my backend only has one tuner)

I poked around a little and as far as I can see, (please correct me if I'm wrong) the server works by taking the .wtv stream from WMC and remuxing it into a .ts stream. Each stream contains the name of the client device.

Would it be possible to point the client to an existing stream that doesn't contain it's name if it is trying to tune a channel that is already being tuned? Would it be easier to clone the stream and rename it? Would that break something else?

Thank you, for all your hard work!

Your timing couldn't be better as I am working on this now, it will be in the next release.

You are right on all counts btw. I am redoing live and active streams to be keyed by channel rather than client (actually scarecrow's idea). This will make multiple clients viewing a single channel come naturally. Its already working I just need to test some more.

(2013-10-13, 18:49)Dilligaf Wrote: @Krusty The change shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into the server should it?? (Note that this is said by a NON coder Smile )

Yes, pretty trivial actually. My only beef is that if you had thought of this a week ago, it would have made my code simpler and cleaner. But hey, I'm not complaining - just thinking out loud Smile. Thanks again.

(2013-10-13, 16:54)milkman dan Wrote: Here's a log showing that my server fell asleep while accessing a live stream on my win7 laptop: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=KA8jTBe5 Fell asleep at 10:15, I believe. Still trying to get a video file for you of the audio stream issue. Thought I had it, but the file I copied was only the last few seconds and did not capture it, so now I've turned off delete temp files as you suggest. Since then, I can't replicate. Doh! I do also have a raspberry pi on the network, I might completely disconnect it in case it is interfering in any way.

Will keep on trying. Thanks again for all the work!

Thanks. The log shows the server went to sleep streaming to your pi, I guess that's the catch. So that's cool - I'll put an option in the server to disable sleep while streams are active, all I have to do is remember where I used that code...

Worthwhile change too, another thing wmc does very well is handle sleep when operating as a pvr (i.e. waking to do recordings, going back to sleep after). I would hate to have people disabling sleep in order to support there pi's.

It would be cool if you could capture a wtv where the wrong audio is used, but like I said in my last post to you. based on the log you sent I have a feeling the only way I will be able to know for sure is to remux only the 'desired' language, set through a server setting. But an example file will at least give me piece of mind that this bit of ugliness will be necessary.

(2013-10-13, 13:17)mini__me Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 18:02)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 14:54)mini__me Wrote: Since upgrading the server to 1077 I'm unable to stream live or recorded TV, I can see the wtv and ts file created in the temp directory but it never starts.

Will look into it more later, rolling back to 1055 makes everything work again, and going forward stops again.

weird. not being able to start live tv and recorded tv is almost always a remote client problem and the network path not being set up correctly. Check credentials if this is a non-windows client. If you already had credentials setup xbmc, then turn off credentials in the new server version.

http://pastebin.com/z6Df29xX

That's the server side log, is there something client side I can get for you?

Can you give me the whole server side log after a failed live-tv attempt? I need the part where the client first connects to the server.

(2013-10-13, 18:44)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2013-10-13, 13:33)mini__me Wrote: http://pastebin.com/AYhcHkGP

12:32:41 T:3828 ERROR: AddOnLog: Windows Media Center PVR: Error opening stream file, Win32 error code: 123
12:32:41 T:3828 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr]

Looks like permission issue, did you put user/pass in serverWMC folders tab and enable credentials?? If not do so and retry

Have tried with and without credentials, I've tested access to the share within file manager both using username and password and without, it's always works from XBMC and recorded tv will play back fine through the video files tab in XBMC so I know XBMC can read the share without issue.

As I said the old server version works fine I can uninstall the new, install the old and go back to old client and everything works fine, update to the new version and it fails.

It's an odd one!

(2013-10-13, 19:24)krustyreturns Wrote: Can you give me the whole server side log after a failed live-tv attempt? I need the part where the client first connects to the server.

Will post it once the boss has watched all her TV tonight Smile

Full log, fresh server start through to error on attempting to tune.

http://pastebin.com/6KQ5MfaN

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Aslan2120 - 2013-10-13

First of all this is great. I have been trying to get NextPVR working with my Ceton Infinitv 6 for months and it never could work right. This product seems like it is much closer, but I am having one issue with HD content. I am 99% sure it is on the XBMC side, but am not sure if it is the hardware I have or something else. My Win7 server is a 8 Core AMD with 8 gigs of RAM. MC is all set up and working with the cable cards. I have 4 first gen AppleTVs running crystalbuntu and one Pi running raspbmc. The ATV will play SD content fine, switch channels etc, but when I try to watch a HD channel the results are spotty. Most of the time the stream starts fine and plays, but if I try to change channels it freezes. About 50% of the time if I stop the stream first then start a new channel it will work, but it is very slow to stop the channel.

I have not fully tested the Pi, i am still waiting for the MPEG-2 license. Is the problem with the hardware in the appletv?

WMC Server log: http://pastebin.com/XRdZ2be9
XBMC log: http://pastebin.com/MA75PMDZ

RE: WMC as the backend - released - CTD5 - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-13, 18:59)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-13, 00:14)CTD5 Wrote: I apologize if this has been discussed already (I tried to read through the thread as best I could), but I think I found a bug. Or I'm doing something wrong.

The issue is that if I tune to one channel from an XBMC client and then tune to *the same channel* on another client, it says all tuners are busy. (my backend only has one tuner)

I poked around a little and as far as I can see, (please correct me if I'm wrong) the server works by taking the .wtv stream from WMC and remuxing it into a .ts stream. Each stream contains the name of the client device.

Would it be possible to point the client to an existing stream that doesn't contain it's name if it is trying to tune a channel that is already being tuned? Would it be easier to clone the stream and rename it? Would that break something else?

Thank you, for all your hard work!

Your timing couldn't be better as I am working on this now, it will be in the next release.

You are right on all counts btw. I am redoing live and active streams to be keyed by channel rather than client (actually scarecrow's idea). This will make multiple clients viewing a single channel come naturally. Its already working I just need to test some more.

(2013-10-13, 18:49)Dilligaf Wrote: @Krusty The change shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into the server should it?? (Note that this is said by a NON coder Smile )

Yes, pretty trivial actually. My only beef is that if you had thought of this a week ago, it would have made my code simpler and cleaner. But hey, I'm not complaining - just thinking out loud Smile. Thanks again.

Thank you!

For what it's worth, I've tested a Pi, a Windows computer, and a Mac. All of them have worked flawlessly. Big Grin

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Amfavs - 2013-10-14

Hello all!

I am also having the "No Video Data Found" response for a few channels. I noticed that for the channels that work two/three files are created in the recordedtv/temp file while for the ones with No Video Data Found make only one file and then it fails. I'm not sure what process is failing but I have about 4 successful channels and 4 that get the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the forum but have not found any concrete solutions.

Really excited for this so I can finally make a 100% switch to xbmc. Keep up the good work!