Kodi Community Forum
WMC as the backend - released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: WMC as the backend - released (/showthread.php?tid=171216)

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-14, 02:52)CTD5 Wrote: Thank you!

For what it's worth, I've tested a Pi, a Windows computer, and a Mac. All of them have worked flawlessly. Big Grin

Thanks, I needed one of those right about now.

(2013-10-13, 23:30)Aslan2120 Wrote: First of all this is great. I have been trying to get NextPVR working with my Ceton Infinitv 6 for months and it never could work right. This product seems like it is much closer, but I am having one issue with HD content. I am 99% sure it is on the XBMC side, but am not sure if it is the hardware I have or something else. My Win7 server is a 8 Core AMD with 8 gigs of RAM. MC is all set up and working with the cable cards. I have 4 first gen AppleTVs running crystalbuntu and one Pi running raspbmc. The ATV will play SD content fine, switch channels etc, but when I try to watch a HD channel the results are spotty. Most of the time the stream starts fine and plays, but if I try to change channels it freezes. About 50% of the time if I stop the stream first then start a new channel it will work, but it is very slow to stop the channel.

I have not fully tested the Pi, i am still waiting for the MPEG-2 license. Is the problem with the hardware in the appletv?

WMC Server log: http://pastebin.com/XRdZ2be9
XBMC log: http://pastebin.com/MA75PMDZ

Try an experiment. If you are comfortable editing xml, find this file on the server:
C:\ProgramData\VDsoftware\ServerWMC\config.xml

find the field:
<Timeout_WaitForTS_MS>10000</Timeout_WaitForTS_MS>

and change it to (just a guess) 20000. Save the file, restart the server, and let me know what happens.

-

(2013-10-14, 05:42)Amfavs Wrote: Hello all!

I am also having the "No Video Data Found" response for a few channels. I noticed that for the channels that work two/three files are created in the recordedtv/temp file while for the ones with No Video Data Found make only one file and then it fails. I'm not sure what process is failing but I have about 4 successful channels and 4 that get the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the forum but have not found any concrete solutions.

Really excited for this so I can finally make a 100% switch to xbmc. Keep up the good work!

I can't do much without the server log: start the server, try a non working channel, after it fails put the server log in pastebin.com and post a link to the log here.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - TechLife - 2013-10-14

Hey kr-

I have been paying closer attention and think I was off a bit in my description of the issue I mentioned the other day. The more I have been paying attention, the more I think this does NOT happen when waking from sleep but when the PC is actually rebooted. I'm going to keep a close eye, but if that is the case, the idea you had for the delay would do the trick. Stuff is starting too darn quick with the SSD. (Why it occasionally shuts down is beyond me, it supposed to just sleep but that's neither here nor there and an issue for me to figure out.)

EDIT: I just downloaded a program that allows me to select startup programs to delay. The default was 30 secs and I just left it at that. Seems to do the trick. I'll test this theory for a week and see how I make out. Thanks!

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Amfavs - 2013-10-14

Hey krustyreturns, thanks for all you help. You are clearly working very hard.

I posted the server log at http://pastebin.com/yHH8m9t0

Thanks in advance.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-14

With all the thank yous why does Krusty only have a 8 rep?? I would suggest that people start using that + sign at the bottom of posts to show your gratitude.

(2013-10-14, 06:19)Amfavs Wrote: Hey krustyreturns, thanks for all you help. You are clearly working very hard.

I posted the server log at http://pastebin.com/yHH8m9t0

Thanks in advance.

I'm afraid those channels are encrypted, thats what the hardware tuning info is reporting:
2013/10/14 00:09:31.702 SetChannel> Encrypted: True

There may eventually be a workaround for these encrypted (but not drm'd) channels, but it has yet to be implemented. Sorry about that.

If you want to experiment for me, try starting a recording on one of these channels. After the recording starts (but while it is still recording), wait for it to show up in the 'recordings' list in xbmc. When its there, try to play it and let me know what happens.

(2013-10-14, 06:35)Dilligaf Wrote: With all the thank yous why does Krusty only have a 8 rep?? I would suggest that people start using that + sign at the bottom of posts to show your gratitude.

Thanks man.

As far as I know they are not encrypted. They are over the air channels. It's fox and cbs. I'll look around in my tuner settings and see what they came up as.

I can watch them in wmc just not through the server. I also have an npvr server which can play both of them.

I can play wmc recordings from these channels in xbmc. I will try the "workaround" stream a recording tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - mini__me - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-13, 02:44)spaceboy Wrote: ok, we are making progress, i have live tv on the pi!! i just made the change dilligaf suggested and that all works well. so thank you very much for that

recorded tv is still not working. when the pi calls for a wtv through serverwmc then what is the process? because i see nothing in the xbmctemp folder and no sign of the client calling it in the serverwmc log. it seems from the raspbmc log that its trying to access the wtv file directly but i thought xbmc coul not do that. visually on the pi it looks like play back is about to start, the screen goes black and the timer pops up but never starts counting

one thing i have noticed and i think i mentioned earlier is that the live tv streams aren't getting deleted. i see this in the log:

2013/10/13 01:26:09.455 StreamProc::Close> error close stream: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\LiveTV_192.168.1.17_DVB-T_104_2013_10_13_01_24_42.wtv' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at ServerWMC.Worker.StreamProc.Close()
2013/10/13 01:26:09.456 CloseLiveStream> -----------------done-------------------------

i think this may be because i have comskip monitoring my wmc recorded tv folder, possibly watching recursive directories. could that be causing this?

Hi Spaceboy,

Do you get the HD stutter on all your clients? Apart from the newer server not working for me at the moment, though old one still works fine, the HD stutter is the only thing stopping me ditching my WMC and Echo setup for XBMC throughout the house.

If I just need to buy a few pi's then job done!

Cheers

mini

(2013-10-14, 06:44)Amfavs Wrote: As far as I know they are not encrypted. They are over the air channels. It's fox and cbs. I'll look around in my tuner settings and see what they came up as.

I can watch them in wmc just not through the server. I also have an npvr server which can play both of them.

I can play wmc recordings from these channels in xbmc. I will try the "workaround" stream a recording tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

You misunderstand me, I am not proposing the above as a workaround, only as an experiment to help me determine if the problem is what I think it is. You probably don't need to bother though - the fact that wmc can play the file is not a surprise - but the fact than npvr can play them tells me what I wanted to know. I will not have a solution anytime soon for this though, there a number of things I want to implement before I work on this and until scarecrow gets back, its a one man show. Thanks for the info though.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - User 137418 - 2013-10-14

Okay. I think I have the log and files to help you diagnose the audio streams. I started the server on the HTPC fresh, then opened the client on my laptop (I also disconnected network and power from the Pi for good measure). So, I started a channel and checked the OSD sound menu for what it had to say about the audio channel. Sequence as follows:

1) CH 3.1 - plays English, stream identified as 1/2 English
2) CH 6.1 - plays no sound, stream identified as 2/2 Castilian (I do not change anything at this point)
3) CH 10.1 - plays English, stream identified as 1/2 English
4) CH 6.1 - plays no sound, stream identified as 2/2 Castilian (I then switch the stream to 1/2 English and it plays English, and I leave it set on this audio stream)
5) CH 10.1 - plays English, stream identified as 1/2 English
6) CH 6.1 - plays no sound, stream identified as 1/2 Castilian (I then switch the stream to 2/2 English and it plays English)

Then I stop and collect logs (http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8s1rQ82g) and temp files (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4bCXKv_FuSUNWFYVUhVeC03dWs&usp=sharing). Google Drive link also has log file if pastebin has issues.

I was really surprised to see the labeling of the audio streams flipped between steps 4 and 6.

I really hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can try and log to help out.

(2013-10-14, 16:47)milkman dan Wrote: Okay. I think I have the log and files to help you diagnose the audio streams. I started the server on the HTPC fresh, then opened the client on my laptop (I also disconnected network and power from the Pi for good measure). So, I started a channel and checked the OSD sound menu for what it had to say about the audio channel. Sequence as follows:

2) CH 6.1 - plays no sound, stream identified as 2/2 Castilian (I do not change anything at this point)
4) CH 6.1 - plays no sound, stream identified as 2/2 Castilian (I then switch the stream to 1/2 English and it plays English, and I leave it set on this audio stream)
6) CH 6.1 - plays no sound, stream identified as 1/2 Castilian (I then switch the stream to 2/2 English and it plays English)

Then I stop and collect logs (http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8s1rQ82g) and temp files (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4bCXKv_FuSUNWFYVUhVeC03dWs&usp=sharing). Google Drive link also has log file if pastebin has issues.

I was really surprised to see the labeling of the audio streams flipped between steps 4 and 6.

I really hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can try and log to help out.

Great, thank you. I am downloading now.

(2013-10-13, 23:18)mini__me Wrote: Full log, fresh server start through to error on attempting to tune.

http://pastebin.com/6KQ5MfaN

Any chance of you testing the new server/client with frodo instead of gotham? Gotham is really scarecrow's thing and he isn't around until the end of the month, switching my devel system to gotham would be a hassle for me right now as I have plenty to do with just frodo

RE: WMC as the backend - released - mini__me - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-14, 16:59)krustyreturns Wrote: Any chance of you testing the new server/client with frodo instead of gotham? Gotham is really scarecrow's thing and he isn't around until the end of the month, switching my devel system to gotham would be a hassle for me right now as I have plenty to do with just frodo

I think I did previously, I updated to Gotham to see if that made a difference Smile Will roll all back tonight if I get the chance and give Frodo another go and post logs, if I don't get a chance tonight it's going to be next week now as I'm away for a few days.

Thanks for your help Smile

(2013-10-14, 16:40)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-14, 06:44)Amfavs Wrote: As far as I know they are not encrypted. They are over the air channels. It's fox and cbs. I'll look around in my tuner settings and see what they came up as.

Thanks again.

You misunderstand me, I am not proposing the above as a workaround, only as an experiment to help me determine if the problem is what I think it is. You probably don't need to bother though - the fact that wmc can play the file is not a surprise - but the fact than npvr can play them tells me what I wanted to know. I will not have a solution anytime soon for this though, there a number of things I want to implement before I work on this and until scarecrow gets back, its a one man show. Thanks for the info though.

Okay. Thanks for your help. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you. Or if you have any other ideas on how to have wmc recognize the channels as over the air.

Keep up the good work.

(2013-10-14, 17:30)mini__me Wrote: I think I did previously, I updated to Gotham to see if that made a difference Smile Will roll all back tonight if I get the chance and give Frodo another go and post logs, if I don't get a chance tonight it's going to be next week now as I'm away for a few days.

Thanks for your help Smile

If you can that would be great. Your problem is a strange one, I'd like to see what is going on.

(2013-10-14, 16:47)milkman dan Wrote: 1) CH 3.1 - plays English, stream identified as 1/2 English

Did you notice that if you use xbmc to play the wtv file 'LiveTV_ThinkPad_ATSC_6.1_2013_10_14_10_16_38.wtv', it chooses the Castilian audio stream by default (which has no sound)? This is really an xbmc/wtv bug. I should be able to circumvent it by remuxing only eng to the ts file. I hope.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - User 137418 - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-14, 16:59)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-14, 16:47)milkman dan Wrote: Okay. I think I have the log and files to help you diagnose the audio streams. I started the server on the HTPC fresh, then opened the client on my laptop (I also disconnected network and power from the Pi for good measure). So, I started a channel and checked the OSD sound menu for what it had to say about the audio channel. Sequence as follows:

Great, thank you. I am downloading now.

(2013-10-13, 23:18)mini__me Wrote: Full log, fresh server start through to error on attempting to tune.

http://pastebin.com/6KQ5MfaN

Any chance of you testing the new server/client with frodo instead of gotham? Gotham is really scarecrow's thing and he isn't around until the end of the month, switching my devel system to gotham would be a hassle for me right now as I have plenty to do with just frodo

Awesome. Hope it helps. I just added one more log to that Google Drive folder called ServerWMCsleep. I just had the server sleep while watching on the windows laptop client. RPi still completely disconnected (as you thought this might be the culprit previously). Suffice it to say, the HTPC never falls asleep while I view live TV using the TV attached to the HTPC (local client)- it's only happened when the server is sending to a remote client.

I do agree with you that one of the benefits of the WMC is that it has great power management with regards to waking and sleeping the computer for scheduled recordings. That has worked without fail which is very nice and reliable.