Kodi Community Forum
WMC as the backend - released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: WMC as the backend - released (/showthread.php?tid=171216)

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Dilligaf - 2013-10-25

(2013-10-25, 18:48)bwashington Wrote: Having an issue with XBMC client LiveTV. Choose an channel to switch to Livetv playback doesn't start on client. Recordings back back fine. Also LiveTv works fine on server machine.

What client?? Windows or Nix based? As a guess you probably have to provide credentials in serverWMC folders tab, use any user/pass that can log on to the server machine.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - bwashington - 2013-10-25

Remote machine is XBMC client on Windows.

(2013-10-25, 20:53)bwashington Wrote: Remote machine is XBMC client on Windows.

Have you shared your Recorded TV folder as a network share? grab log files.

Can you browse to the Recorded TV share from the Windows client machine?

I have try the 'Use Credentials for non-windows clients' No avail.

Recorded TV folder are shared and files 'recorded' there playback on client machine fine. It just LiveTV is not playing on the client.

OK, need to get log files to pursue any further

Here is the log,

http://pastebin.com/qkGbsV8e

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-25

(2013-10-25, 20:36)Stiefelland Wrote: Krusty et al., Although I deselected the Hide DRM channels and Hide encrypted channels under the ServerWMC Channels tab the channels are not listed on the client side. Only channels without the Lock (within the Windows Media Center under Settings > TV > Guide > Edit Channels) are listed. Is this a know problem e.g. the setting has no effect or something specific to my set-up that requires further investigation? Please, let me know if you need a log etc.
- Thanks, Stiefelland

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm running the latest server (1089 - Windows7 64bit) and client (1012 - Windows7 32bit, XBMC 12.2)

Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you have the channels blocked or hidden in wmc they will always be blocked in the server too. At least this is the way the software works for now. Btw drm'd channels will not play in xbmc.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-25

(2013-10-25, 19:52)bwashington Wrote: http://pastebin.com/RVCQur7R

Your 'recorded tv' folder that wmc is using for recordings is: C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\
This is also where the server will stream live-tv from.

But you remote client is looking here for the live tv stream:
\\BRICE-LENOVO\Brice Recordings

These directories are not the same. You either have to share C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\ and point your clients there OR have wmc use the 'Brice Recordings' as the recorded tv folder.

PS go to the debug tab on the server and turn off: 'Log all wtv headers'

Too late

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Stiefelland - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-25, 21:16)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-25, 20:36)Stiefelland Wrote: Krusty et al., Although I deselected the Hide DRM channels and Hide encrypted channels under the ServerWMC Channels tab the channels are not listed on the client side. Only channels without the Lock (within the Windows Media Center under Settings > TV > Guide > Edit Channels) are listed. Is this a know problem e.g. the setting has no effect or something specific to my set-up that requires further investigation? Please, let me know if you need a log etc.
- Thanks, Stiefelland

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm running the latest server (1089 - Windows7 64bit) and client (1012 - Windows7 32bit, XBMC 12.2)

Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you have the channels blocked or hidden in wmc they will always be blocked in the server too. At least this is the way the software works for now. Btw drm'd channels will not play in xbmc.

Krusty, Thank you very much for the quick response. No, that is not what I meant. The channel(s) are active but don't show up on the client. The server channel count suggests that these channels are skipped, although as mentionen above the settings are such that they should be included. I attached an image from the WMC Edit Channels screen for better illustration. Sky Sport Austria is shown in the client channel list, Sky Sport 11 isn't. - Thanks, Stiefelland

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-26, 00:45)Stiefelland Wrote: Krusty, Thank you very much for the quick response. No, that is not what I meant. The channel(s) are active but don't show up on the client. The server channel count suggests that these channels are skipped, although as mentionen above the settings are such that they should be included. I attached an image from the WMC Edit Channels screen for better illustration. Sky Sport Austria is shown in the client channel list, Sky Sport 11 isn't. - Thanks, Stiefelland

Thanks for the image. Please start the server and post the server log (see 'debug' tab). Put it in pastebin.com (or wherever) and post a link here.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - Stiefelland - 2013-10-26

Krusty, here you go: http://pastebin.com/LstHvREV
- Thanks, Stiefelland

(2013-10-26, 14:25)Stiefelland Wrote: Krusty, here you go: http://pastebin.com/LstHvREV
- Thanks, Stiefelland

Hi. These channels like 'Sky Sport 11' have no tuning space defined for them (you have 20 of these). By way of background, a user reported crashing early in the release of this software and I found out it was because of channels like this. I didn't know it was possible to have a 'null' tuning space when I wrote the code, so to stop the crashing I just filtered them out from being sent to xbmc. I tried to get more info to handle this better but the user disappeared after I made the change.

With no tuning space defined you won't be able to watch live tv on these channels from xbmc, but you probably would be able to schedule records if I modified the code. Is that what you want to do?

Btw, whenever you have time, would you please start a live tv stream on another channel and send me the server log afterwords? You are the first user I know of from Austria and I would like to see what streams the server finds there.

EDIT:
Also, are these channels also 'locked' in wmc?:

2013.10.26 14:17:37.533 GetLineUpsAndChannels> Null space for channel: FOX
2013.10.26 14:17:37.658 GetLineUpsAndChannels> Null space for channel: Sky Sport News
2013.10.26 14:17:37.658 GetLineUpsAndChannels> Null space for channel: Sky Bundesliga 2

(2013-10-24, 14:52)Dilligaf Wrote: This says 1.80 seconds

2013/10/24 02:47:52.452 Received client request: 192.168.1.134|GetRecordings
2013/10/24 02:47:54.253 GetRecordings> Completed for client 192.168.1.134, results:
2013/10/24 02:47:54.253 GetRecordings> Transfered: RecTV folder files: 5, watched files: 100
2013/10/24 02:47:54.253 GetRecordings> Ignored: local files: 0, temp files: 0
2013/10/24 02:47:54.253 GetRecordings> Weird files: no program: 0, no channel: 105, orphaned: 0
2013/10/24 02:47:54.253 GetRecordings> Misc: content protected: 0, icons: 6
2013/10/24 02:47:54.253 Finished request GetRecordings in 1.80s

To clarify the 105 files are on a Server 2012 R2 share, all others are on the shared Recorded TV folder that ServerWMC is installed on

How much of a delay do you get displaying these 105 recordings on your pi? This is about a third of the amount bungee is trying to display on his pi, and it takes him 15 sec (as you can see from his videos). Is yours 5 sec or quicker than that?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - spaceboy - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-21, 05:05)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-20, 20:22)spaceboy Wrote: thats cool, understood i was more thinking of looking at why playback was so inconsistent on the pi. it doesn't seem to be only this issue. some play fine, others don't at all but there's another batch that look like they are playing (counter comes up and the menu goes monochrome) but no video starts. do you think its all part of the same issue or worth looking at. cheers

I can't say. The ones that don't play at all, hopefully is the bug I just fixed. I'm interested in the monochrome ones, if you can, save a short wtv from one of these like you did before, put the wtv file here:

https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0#folders/0ByNnAMYBoWvfQVBBNzFhZmNPWUE

and let me know when its there.

hi kr, so i've identified one of these wtv recordings that seems to have this monochrome problem but its 5.5Gb. the previous problem was live tv so i just provided you with the temporary stream, what did you want me to do this time, i can upload the whole thing if you are ok with that

i have installed 1089, meant to ask if 1089 contained the fix for uk recordings or whether that could still be the issue here?
thanks