Kodi Community Forum
WMC as the backend - released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: WMC as the backend - released (/showthread.php?tid=171216)

RE: WMC as the backend - released - spaceboy - 2013-11-01

super thanks, i haven't had chance to look at the other issue yet, i'm having a new pi delivered today as i was having trouble with the one i use for testing. it was one of the first with less ram and some resistors around the usb connections which restrict the power to usb drives thwarting my attempts to run raspbmc from a usb which then allows overclocking

anyway this should be on my doorstep when i get home tonight but i'm off on holiday for a week tomorrow so not sure if i'll get chance to locate some problem wtv's. hopefully i will but if i don't reply for a while it doesn't mean this has gone away or i'm ignoring it

RE: WMC as the backend - released - mit3gt - 2013-11-01

(2013-10-31, 18:48)mit3gt Wrote:
(2013-10-31, 16:56)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-31, 06:16)mit3gt Wrote: Done. I had to create new files because I had "delete temporary files" unchecked in ServerWMC, and it wasn't putting any files into tempxbmc\savedfordebug. Also I noticed that in XBMC, Duplicate channel entries are created. For instance, channel 4 is shown twice in TV channel view. The first one represents the DVB-T tuners and the second one represents the qam tuners. Neither channel works. These channels are merged in WMC. I sent you both the resulting files from tempxbmc\savedfordebug. I should also mention that the duplicate channel issue goes away in timeline view (timeline view causes xbmc to hang though). Thanks.

The audio problem was easy to solve, live-tv will work for you now. Apparently you are the first guy who has tried to remux AAC - weird that it hasn't come up before. Glad you sent in the files! I have the fix integrated into the stuff I am working on now, if you are desperate to try it, I could give you an experimental build. Otherwise it will be in the next server release - I hope by this weekend.

I'm not sure what to do about the same channel being listed twice, my software differentiates the channel by tuning space - even though in your case it is exactly the same channel in two difference spaces. I will think about merging them, but are sure you don't want to choose what tuner to use when you watch one? What do others think? Possibly I could make merging them an option in the server.

Lastly, I am not sure why your epg is crashing, but I really doubt it is something I am doing. If you can reproduce exactly what happens when it crashes that might help. Also you could experiment with how much data you fetch from the server in the xbmc settings.

If you don't mind, I would like to try an experimental build.

Pertaining to the merging of channels, I like the channels merged, (that's just me though). I just like to choose a channel and know that wmc will take the first available tuner out of the 7 I have available (mixture of DVB-T & QAM tuners). I have no real need (at least none that I can think of) to have the tuners separated. Again, that's just me. Maybe there is a need, I am just missing it.

I am working on tweaking the settings in XBMC for the epg guide for my timeline view issues. I will report back on this.

Thanks!

I just want to report back that this indeed fixed my problem. Live TV is working for me now. I have some observations now that everything is working. I was testing out the schedule series option in timeline view. This worked great. Every channel I tried created a little dot on the timeline in XBMC indicating that the series I chose was indeed set to record. Great stuff! I then tried some other channels and chose some different series. I set them to record series and noticed that the dot was not created for them. XMBC indicated that the series had been scheduled but no dot. I checked in WMC and the series was set to record.

Whats happening is I have 2 duplicate entries for each channel (we discussed earlier). For instance, when I set to record a series in timeline view, lets say channel 4, XBMC will sometimes choose the first channel 4 (The DVB-T tuners) or sometimes chooses the second channel 4 (the qam tuners) to hold the recording. If it chooses the second channel 4, timeline view does not pick up the recording thus no recording dot. The recording is indeed scheduled, there is just no indication of this because timeline view is picking up information from only the first channel 4 not the second channel 4. I hope this makes sense.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - krustyreturns - 2013-11-01

(2013-11-01, 17:23)mit3gt Wrote: I just want to report back that this indeed fixed my problem. Live TV is working for me now. I have some observations now that everything is working. I was testing out the schedule series option in timeline view. This worked great. Every channel I tried created a little dot on the timeline in XBMC indicating that the series I chose was indeed set to record. Great stuff! I then tried some other channels and chose some different series. I set them to record series and noticed that the dot was not created for them. XMBC indicated that the series had been scheduled but no dot. I checked in WMC and the series was set to record.

Whats happening is I have 2 duplicate entries for each channel (we discussed earlier). For instance, when I set to record a series in timeline view, lets say channel 4, XBMC will sometimes choose the first channel 4 (The DVB-T tuners) or sometimes chooses the second channel 4 (the qam tuners) to hold the recording. If it chooses the second channel 4, timeline view does not pick up the recording thus no recording dot. The recording is indeed scheduled, there is just no indication of this because timeline view is picking up information from only the first channel 4 not the second channel 4. I hope this makes sense.

Yeah it makes sense. I think I know why you are not seeing the update and it is due to the 'dual' channel thing. But just to be sure, the next time the problem happens of not seeing the record dot. Close and re-open xbmc and let me know if you see the dot then.

(2013-11-01, 17:36)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-11-01, 17:23)mit3gt Wrote: I just want to report back that this indeed fixed my problem. Live TV is working for me now. I have some observations now that everything is working. I was testing out the schedule series option in timeline view. This worked great. Every channel I tried created a little dot on the timeline in XBMC indicating that the series I chose was indeed set to record. Great stuff! I then tried some other channels and chose some different series. I set them to record series and noticed that the dot was not created for them. XMBC indicated that the series had been scheduled but no dot. I checked in WMC and the series was set to record.

Yeah it makes sense. I think I know why you are not seeing the update and it is due to the 'dual' channel thing. But just to be sure, the next time the problem happens of not seeing the record dot. Close and re-open xbmc and let me know if you see the dot then.

I recreated the problem. Close and reopened XBMC and there was still no dot.

(2013-11-01, 17:44)mit3gt Wrote: I recreated the problem. Close and reopened XBMC and there was still no dot.

That's weird. Does the 'missing dot' timer show up in the timers list in xbmc?

(2013-11-01, 17:50)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-11-01, 17:44)mit3gt Wrote: I recreated the problem. Close and reopened XBMC and there was still no dot.

That's weird. Does the 'missing dot' timer show up in the timers list in xbmc?

In the timer section the scheduled recording in question shows up as "enabled". Its just not showing any kind of dot. If I go to EPG:Next, I see the recording as scheduled. For some reason XBMC chose to record on the "second dual channel, not the first, all tuners were available. For the recordings that do show the dot the first dual channel is always selected by XBMC. I am doing all of this through timeline view. When setting recordings, some recordings default to the first dual channel, while others default to the second dual channel I don't know why. When the recordings default to the "first" dual channel the recording dot shows up. When the recordings default to the "second" dual channel the recording dot doesn't show up. Keep in mind in both instances the recording is scheduled.

(2013-11-01, 18:17)mit3gt Wrote: In the timer section the scheduled recording in question shows up as "enabled". Its just not showing any kind of dot. If I go to EPG:Next, I see the recording as scheduled. For some reason XBMC chose to record on the "second dual channel, not the first, all tuners were available. For the recordings that do show the dot the first dual channel is always selected by XBMC. I am doing all of this through timeline view. When setting recordings, some recordings default to the first dual channel, while others default to the second dual channel I don't know why. When the recordings default to the "first" dual channel the recording dot shows up. When the recordings default to the "second" dual channel the recording dot doesn't show up. Keep in mind in both instances the recording is scheduled.

It sounds like there are two problems. I guess its time to look at a log. When you can, re-start the server try to get a run where it works and doesn't work (just one instance of each would be ideal, or try to recall the show that worked and the show that didn't). Then post the server log on pastebin.com and put the link here. Thanks.

(2013-11-01, 18:25)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-11-01, 18:17)mit3gt Wrote: In the timer section the scheduled recording in question shows up as "enabled". Its just not showing any kind of dot. If I go to EPG:Next, I see the recording as scheduled. For some reason XBMC chose to record on the "second dual channel, not the first, all tuners were available. For the recordings that do show the dot the first dual channel is always selected by XBMC. I am doing all of this through timeline view. When setting recordings, some recordings default to the first dual channel, while others default to the second dual channel I don't know why. When the recordings default to the "first" dual channel the recording dot shows up. When the recordings default to the "second" dual channel the recording dot doesn't show up. Keep in mind in both instances the recording is scheduled.

It sounds like there are two problems. I guess its time to look at a log. When you can, re-start the server try to get a run where it works and doesn't work (just one instance of each would be ideal, or try to recall the show that worked and the show that didn't). Then post the server log on pastebin.com and put the link here. Thanks.

OK. Here you go. I chose channel 7 to schedule a recording. XBMC always seems to default to dual channel 1 when channel 7 is selected. I get the recording dot.

Logs ServerWMC - Channel 7 (shows recording dot)
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=77940

For this one, I chose channel 4 to schedule a recording. XBMC always seems to default to dual channel 2 when channel 4 is selected. I don't get the recording dot.

Logs ServerWMC - Channel 4 (shows no recording dot)
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=77942

Please note that all my channel have duplicates if the channel is merged in wmc. Not all channels are merged in WMC. My tuner priority on merged channels in wmc starts with the qam tuners (4) followed by the The DVB-T tuners (3). In XBMC if the channel is duplicated, dual channel #1 is always the The DVB-T tuners, while dual channel #2 is always the qam tuners. Hope that helps.

Edit.
Actually I checked and if I have a dual channel, dual channel #1 controls The DVB-T tuners, while dual channel #2 controls The DVB-T tuners. I dont know why that is. The qam cards should be tuned first when clicking on a channel. XBMC doesn't seem to be following my wmc tuner priority. Sorry for the confusion.

(2013-11-01, 19:01)mit3gt Wrote: OK. Here you go. I chose channel 7 to schedule a recording. XBMC always seems to default to dual channel 1 when channel 7 is selected. I get the recording dot.

Logs ServerWMC - Channel 7 (shows recording dot)
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=77940

For this one, I chose channel 4 to schedule a recording. XBMC always seems to default to dual channel 2 when channel 4 is selected. I don't get the recording dot.

Logs ServerWMC - Channel 4 (shows no recording dot)
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=77942

Please note that all my channel have duplicates if the channel is merged in wmc. Not all channels are merged in WMC. My tuner priority on merged channels in wmc starts with the qam tuners (4) followed by the The DVB-T tuners (3). In XBMC if the channel is duplicated, dual channel #1 is always the The DVB-T tuners, while dual channel #2 is always the qam tuners. Hope that helps.

That helps a lot, thank you. I assume if the channel is not merged in wmc its because it is not duplicated in the other tuning space.

I'll get back to you later on this when I have time to study the logs.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - scott967 - 2013-11-02

Client file read problem on Gotham / Windows 7

I am bringing up a problem I have had for a while. It appears to be identical to a problem reported by user mini__me that I don't think was resolved.

Configuration

ServerWMC is running on Win 8
I have clients on a Win 7 machine. Client 1 is on XBMC Frodo 12.2. Client 2 is on XBMC Gotham 13A8. Both XBMC are running in portable mode and as far as I can tell I have both setup identically.

PVR client on Frodo 12.2 works well. PVR Client on Gotham 13A8 can't read any files. It can't read channel icons, recorded tv wtv files, nor livetv streamed ts file. Again, the Frodo client gets all of these using the same server of course. The Gotham client gets channels, EPG, and list of recordings fine. It just can't read files.

As a check, I added the recorded tv folder as a video source in XBMC and using the video library I could play all the recorded tv files without problem, so I don't think it is a windows network problem (fwiw, I have network set up with common workgroup and windows machines are set with "password protected sharing" turned off and on the server win 8 machine folder and file permissions are set to "full control" for "everyone" and the folder and subfolders are shared).

Server log from a livetv failure is here: http://pastebin.com/fTZ7DTbj

XBMC log for same event is here (action begins around line 915 and error at 951): http://pastebin.com/geZDnCd7

I did install the Oct 31 XBMC Gotham nightly on the server just to see and the pvr client works fine there. Am I right that the
XBMC_WMC_win32.dll is what is actually reading the files, not XBMC itself?

scott s.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - spinnaker - 2013-11-02

One alternative to the hierarchy issue is to just convert the wtv files to mp4 (or whatever format) using MCE Buddy. I just installed 2.0 and it works great. Removes commercials and names files with season and episode number for import into your xbmc library. I already converted a bunch of files and so far it is working great.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - TechLife - 2013-11-02

Hey kr-

An interesting issue that may or may not be related to the database issue we were discussing just popped up. When I select LiveTV, XBMC crashes entirely. I did pull the logs so you could see them and see if it makes any sense to you. I'm sure I can get it fixed so it's not a big deal. I may still have something disabled so the guide isn't properly downloading. Just wanted to throw it out there FWIW:

XBMC Log
ServerWMC Log

RE: WMC as the backend - released - hizzle - 2013-11-02

I configured WMC and it works with my ATSC tuner. Installed ServerWMC and get a system error on launch. "The program can't start because MSVCR100_CLR0400.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and repairing. This is on latest version 10-24. Am I missing something?

RE: WMC as the backend - released - spinnaker - 2013-11-02

(2013-11-02, 06:10)hizzle Wrote: I configured WMC and it works with my ATSC tuner. Installed ServerWMC and get a system error on launch. "The program can't start because MSVCR100_CLR0400.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and repairing. This is on latest version 10-24. Am I missing something?

Do you have MS .Net 4.0 installed? If not install it. If you do try to reinstall and do a fix.

RE: WMC as the backend - released - jtech - 2013-11-02

I am running in to a problem on all of my extenders (ATV 1's) when I set this up. I am running the server client on my Win7 machine with MCE installed and can view live TV on the server machine in XBMC.

The ATV1 boxes are all running Crystalbuntu and installed the x86 version of the Linux front end on each unit. When I open up XBMC the EPG guides download like the do on the server machine but when I click on a channel to view live tv there is no picture or sound.

I looked over several pages of this thread, but did not find a solution. Hopefully someone else has experienced this and can help out. Thanks!