Kodi Community Forum
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section (/showthread.php?tid=175135)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - Woppie - 2014-05-29

Let's get 1 thing straight first; without "closing channel odd after switching" it's also instantly, it starts at the point I turn it on and the difference is at least a full second.

Using Gotham 13.0 stable on windows, tv server Mediaportal 1.7.1

Since it's still a test setup the rest is standard, haven't even added my movies/series/music yet.
All settings are stock but the PVR server.

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - mlu3141 - 2014-06-05

I apologize if this has already been requested, but I'd like the ability to search several days of TV listings while only pulling a day or so on my EPG. I run the WMC pvr on my Amazon Fire TV where it works great except that if I set the EPG to longer than a day or so, it takes a very long time to load. However, if I shorten the EPG, I am limited in my search returns. This is a minor annoyance if I want to, say, record a show that's airing on a Friday, but I'm looking for it on a Tuesday. Would it be possible to search the listings on the back end and not just what is pulled to XBMC?

Thanks!

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - negge - 2014-06-05

It would just make things unnecessarily complicated. The real problem is that the EPG grid is slow and that's something that should be fixed. Another improvement that could be made is to allow addons to request settings from XBMC so it could check how much EPG needs to be fetched (instead of fetching it all).

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - diglam - 2014-06-13

Hi,
Is there any way of patching gotham 13.1 source with code (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4753) for new features by xhaggi?
So maybe I can compile 13.1 source and have a better PVR experience.

Sorry for my question if it is so noob!

Thanks

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - da-anda - 2014-06-15

you have to compile XBMC with this patch applied. There is no way to modify an already compiled XBMC. But note that this PR will break any skin but Confluence.

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - diglam - 2014-06-15

(2014-06-15, 11:39)da-anda Wrote: you have to compile XBMC with this patch applied. There is no way to modify an already compiled XBMC. But note that this PR will break any skin but Confluence.

Where is the patc/patches ?

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - diglam - 2014-06-15

What is the name of window "Groups" for keymap.xml ?
So I can assign a key for opening channels groups window.

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - da-anda - 2014-06-15

(2014-06-15, 15:14)diglam Wrote:
(2014-06-15, 11:39)da-anda Wrote: you have to compile XBMC with this patch applied. There is no way to modify an already compiled XBMC. But note that this PR will break any skin but Confluence.

Where is the patc/patches ?
When you have to ask this, it's probably better to not waste hours of your time on trying to compile this on your own. Anyways, you'd have to check out the gotham branch of XBMC source code from github and merge the PR (with luck it will still apply to Gotham branch, if not you have to fix merge/build conflicts which you need at least some understanding of the code for). Or you simply check out the branch of the PR (see "use the command line" link/instrauctions in the merge/comment box at the very bottom of the PR) and compile it - it won't be vanilla Gotham then though but most likely some Helix pre alpha version.

It's probably best though to simply use a nightly build once the PR is merged.

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - xhaggi - 2014-06-15

(2014-06-15, 16:20)diglam Wrote: What is the name of window "Groups" for keymap.xml ?
So I can assign a key for opening channels groups window.

there is no action mapping for this ATM, but you can map previouschannelgroup and nextchannelgroup to switch between channel groups in all pvr windows.

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - xhaggi - 2014-06-15

(2014-06-15, 17:01)da-anda Wrote: It's probably best though to simply use a nightly build once the PR is merged.

yep Wink

Re: RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - diglam - 2014-06-15

WinkWink
(2014-06-15, 17:47)xhaggi Wrote:
(2014-06-15, 17:01)da-anda Wrote: It's probably best though to simply use a nightly build once the PR is merged.

yep Wink
ok and ty for replies.

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - Woppie - 2014-06-15

(2014-05-29, 04:44)Woppie Wrote: Let's get 1 thing straight first; without "closing channel odd after switching" it's also instantly, it starts at the point I turn it on and the difference is at least a full second.

Using Gotham 13.0 stable on windows, tv server Mediaportal 1.7.1

Since it's still a test setup the rest is standard, haven't even added my movies/series/music yet.
All settings are stock but the PVR server.

This got fixed in 13.1 with no obvious cause, can still reproduce it on a system still running 13.0 vs 13.1.
Just wanted to let know it got fixed, whatever the tv server Smile

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - xhaggi - 2014-06-16

(2014-06-05, 06:31)negge Wrote: It would just make things unnecessarily complicated. The real problem is that the EPG grid is slow and that's something that should be fixed. Another improvement that could be made is to allow addons to request settings from XBMC so it could check how much EPG needs to be fetched (instead of fetching it all).

we pass the start/end date to the client method GetEPGForChannel, so the client knows how much EPG to fetch and it depends on the EPG setting display days for EPG.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/xbmc/pvr/addons/PVRClient.cpp#L436

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - negge - 2014-06-16

@xhaggi: I know, but addons like tvheadend fetch the EPG data asynchronously and serve it from memory whenever XBMC requests it. Currently it has to fetch everything because there's no way to know how much data XBMC is going to need. It's a minor issue but it would be nice to have the ability to request settings, could be useful in the future.

RE: Discuss improvements for pvr section - da-anda - 2014-06-17

can't addons read settings via JsonRPC?