Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) (/showthread.php?tid=185290)

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - WolvesPhil - 2014-05-29

I've copied it to my install and think this makes this skin even better!
Do you know how to change the delay on the track info at the bottom so it doesn't minimise itself after ten seconds.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Warner306 - 2014-05-29

(2014-05-29, 22:54)WolvesPhil Wrote: I've copied it to my install and think this makes this skin even better!
Do you know how to change the delay on the track info at the bottom so it doesn't minimise itself after ten seconds.

I don't know what you're talking about. Everything in that screen pic stays persistently when playing audio. Perhaps something needs to be changed in slideshow options (enter>>settings)?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Batiatus - 2014-05-30

I've asked.... and I've asked.... and I've asked..... and I've banged my head against the wall repeatedly..... and I've asked.... and now...... I figured it out myself! Big Grin

I have no idea why AN glitches when trying to use a direct folder link in a main menu item but I have figured out how to force it to work! I had another issue with my main HTPC which caused me to replace the SSD and therefor completely re-install EVERYTHING. So I though to myself, "Hey self, if your second HTPC has working direct folder links, why not try copiing all the files from the appdata folders for the install to your first HTPC and see what happens?". So I did. I copied all the add-ons, the guisettings and a few other thigns directly from my second machine to my first with a new install. Launched XBMC and the menu settings were all just like I wanted without having to re-set them all. Nice! Now I give the first direct folder link a try and (insert old Windos ta-da sound here) it worked! Tried the second and it worked to! And the third and fourth! Wizard!

So then I tried to re-create the first link again to see if that might work. Cue the Price is Right loser sound now. Boo!

So I thought why not look around at some code and I opened up the guisettings.xml for the second HTPC and searched for the first custom menu item name, found it a few times until it showed the directory structure. Interesting to see. I opened up the same xml file for the fresh install and looked up the same and found the glitch. My second HTPC links to folders located on my first HTPC, via Windows network (SMB) where as my first HTPC links directly to folders located locally. Could this be the keyHuh

I went back to the first HTPC and changed the newly-updated menu item to a Windows network (SMB) location, even though it's located locally, and VIOLA! Houston the Eagle has landed. Changed all other folder links in this manner and they all work. Fixed up my friend's HTPC and they all work to. Silly, but that's what it is.

So in summary.... Direct folder linking to a menu or sub-menu item WILL work in Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 if you use Windows network (SMB) as the directory location, then find the specific directory through there. Linking to a local folder itself will glitch out and make you want to scream from the rooftops! Now I feel smrt.

(2014-05-01, 17:22)woodside Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 10:20)firetix Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 20:23)Eisi2005 Wrote: @warlion

since one of the last git updates i have the following problem. If i press info during a playing movie i get on the left side the cover of the movie with a rolling disc. But after 5 seconds the cover and the disc disappear and i get the plot of the movie there. This dont look very nice in my eyes. Could i disable this "feature" ?

I agree, this don't look quite nice.
Is there an option to disable that ?

I thought this didn't look good either. It took me a couple of hours to track it down but I fixed this by commenting out the following lines in "includes.xml"

1249 thru 1253
1300 thru 1304 (if you have "case on info screen" enabled)
1383 thru 1423

I'm not following this very easily.... I'm guessing you are using some HTML editor to be able to easily find specific lines of code?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Surlias - 2014-05-30

(2014-05-30, 03:21)Batiatus Wrote: I'm not following this very easily.... I'm guessing you are using some HTML editor to be able to easily find specific lines of code?

Use Notepad++. You might have to enable an option to get the line numbers to show.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - ShadowTek - 2014-05-30

(2014-05-29, 17:56)ShadowTek Wrote: There is a "case on info screen" option? Where is it located at?

Anyone?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - mombasa123 - 2014-05-30

(2014-05-27, 14:00)mombasa123 Wrote: Hi - I can't get 'Download Subtitles' to work. I hit the button and nothing happens. Have installed from GIT. Other skins are fine. Any ideas anyone please?

Thanks!

Figured it out. Download Subtitles do not work with Classic OSD enabled. Switched back to default and all good.

Brilliant skin btw. Better than the orginal Frodo Nox and heaps better than the current 'official' Gotham Nox. Still beats me why they decided to dumb it down. Prefer Amber to v5 tbh.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - zorg2000k - 2014-05-30

On Frodo NOX version I have used Showcase view and on my films and TV shows the fanart in the Infopanel would rotate through all my extrafanart folders for that film or show. Have I missed a setting to enable this in Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) ??

Thanks

(2014-05-30, 04:55)Surlias Wrote:
(2014-05-30, 03:21)Batiatus Wrote: I'm not following this very easily.... I'm guessing you are using some HTML editor to be able to easily find specific lines of code?

Use Notepad++. You might have to enable an option to get the line numbers to show.

Yay! I learnt something new today!

Now did someone say you could had CD art spinning on the info screen half behind the poster image?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - WolvesPhil - 2014-05-30

(2014-05-29, 23:58)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-05-29, 22:54)WolvesPhil Wrote: I've copied it to my install and think this makes this skin even better!

I don't know what you're talking about. Everything in that screen pic stays persistently when playing audio. Perhaps something needs to be changed in slideshow options (enter>>settings)?

I have tried pretty much every combination I can come up with on the Music Visualisation settings screen - is this the area you are talking about?
Any chance you are able to post a screenshot of your settings as I am losing my mind over this?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - sanity - 2014-05-30

I've had that issue myself couple of times. Now the track info always stays though. I have no clue how or what settings I changed but it works fine now.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - WolvesPhil - 2014-05-30

It is an odd one and assume that the settings arent coming from MusicVisualistion.xml as I have used the one that Warner supplied and the problem doesnt occur there...

It may be this in advancedsettings - I will have a go with this tonight and report back!

3.6.3 songinfoduration
This controls how long the song information will remain onscreen when the song changes during visualisations. The valid range is "1" to "Indefinite (0)", in seconds. This does not include the duration of any transition effects.
Default:
<songinfoduration>10</songinfoduration>

I have finally solved this! I added the suggested line above to my xml file but couldnt get to work with the indefinite setting so I set it to 500 as I dont have many tracks longer that long except for continuous mixes

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - KenV99 - 2014-05-30

I'm experiencing what I believe to be a bug on settings pages from the skin. Specifically, settings using the type=bool. These settings are being indented and have the font size decreased. What follows are caps from Confluence followed by what I am seeing in AN4GP:

Any help in fixing this would be appreciated Smile

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - baijuxavior - 2014-05-30

(2014-05-30, 04:58)ShadowTek Wrote:
(2014-05-29, 17:56)ShadowTek Wrote: There is a "case on info screen" option? Where is it located at?

Anyone?

Aeon Skin settings > General > Cases on Widgets.

Enabling that alone won't show the case in widgets. You need to modify the file C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.Aeon-Nox-4.1.9\1080i\Includes_WidgetLayout.xml with https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfuddd6fvoupxry/Includes_WidgetLayout.xml by sveni_lee

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Surlias - 2014-05-30

(2014-05-30, 08:21)Batiatus Wrote: Now did someone say you could had CD art spinning on the info screen half behind the poster image?

I don't remember having to do anything to enable the spinning disc art, outside of merely having the art downloaded and associated.