Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) (/showthread.php?tid=185290)

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - icesurf3r - 2014-10-06

Not sure if this has been asked already, but after a week and a half of searching on here and googling, I haven't been able to find an answer.

To make things easier for the kids to navigate (and to keep things a little tidier), what I would like to do is keep the kids TV shows Ben 10, Avatar, Power Rangers, Good Luck Charlie etc seperate from the 'grown-up' TV shows.

With this in mind, is there a way to seperate them within xbmc or Aeon Nox Gotham so they don't all show up when selecting TV shows from the main menu?

Ideally what I would like to do is one of the following:
  • Have a sub-menu that opens when selecting TV shows from main menu with two options 'Kids TV' ' and 'TV Shows' that looks the same as the main menu. This would show only 'grown-up' tv shows when selecting TV shows and only show the kids TV shows when selecting 'Kids TV'
  • Have TV shows and Kids TV as options on the main menu, that would show only 'grown-up' tv shows when selecting TV shows and only show the kids TV shows when selecting 'Kids TV'

As I say not sure if this is possible, but any help would be appreciated. This is a fantastic skin, so thanks to everyone involved for all their efforts.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - phil65 - 2014-10-06

search for "smart playlists". lot of times explained already.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - icesurf3r - 2014-10-06

Thanks Phil,

Have been using the wrong search terms, but hopefully now will be able to get sorted.

Keep up the great work, this is an excellent skin.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Lockos - 2014-10-08

Hi Phil !
I understand that the best option to get rid of the extended info script error is to reset the skin, but I have a question though ?

What wil be reset ? everything ?

Will all custom menus, widgets and shortcuts disappear ? If it is just doing a new set of our options, it is not so bad...but creating everything again means at least (for me) 2 hours of work !

Is there a quicker solution than resetting ?
Can you tell me guys if you know what a reset will do exactly?

Thank you in advance for your answers !

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - CaptainKen - 2014-10-08

(2014-10-06, 19:16)icesurf3r Wrote: Thanks Phil,

Have been using the wrong search terms, but hopefully now will be able to get sorted.

Keep up the great work, this is an excellent skin.

http://youtu.be/qTydKLV1Pic

Here are the steps as I documented a long time ago using Aeon Nox v4.0.9 Frodo:
- Create Playlist
Videos
Playlists
New Smart Playlist
Kids
path starts with = Movies Kids
path starts with = Movies Kids
Items must match = all of the rules
Order by Title ascending

- Assign to Menu
Settings->Skin->Customizers->Main menu item customizer
Highlight unused Custom menu item
Up arrow
Smart Playlist Manager
Select Type = Random Movies
Include already watched items? = Yes
Kids
Esc
Press Enter on desired unused Custom Main Menu item
Disable = false
Type = Video Playlist
Kids

Choose background
Kids (Random Movies)
Backspace

Optional
---------
Choose Widgets
Kids (Random Movies)
Select desired layout
Select desired style
Backspace

- Swap Menu position until it's next to Movies (pay attention, very tedious process)
- Pic icon

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - VanZan - 2014-10-09

I have an D34010WYK i3 Intel NUC....would this skin be too heavy for it and therefore should I steer clear?

Re: RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Frozin - 2014-10-09

(2014-10-09, 00:41)VanZan Wrote: I have an D34010WYK i3 Intel NUC....would this skin be too heavy for it and therefore should I steer clear?

Best way to know is to install it. However I'm using a intel celeron and it works fine.

Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - sarlan19 - 2014-10-09

(2014-10-08, 15:26)Lockos Wrote: Hi Phil !
I understand that the best option to get rid of the extended info script error is to reset the skin, but I have a question though ?

What wil be reset ? everything ?

Will all custom menus, widgets and shortcuts disappear ? If it is just doing a new set of our options, it is not so bad...but creating everything again means at least (for me) 2 hours of work !

Is there a quicker solution than resetting ?
Can you tell me guys if you know what a reset will do exactly?

Thank you in advance for your answers !

I'm interested in that too

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - phil65 - 2014-10-09

you can try to remove all skinsetting entries with URLs included from guisettings.xml. this mod will have lot of other glitches though because I made a lot of changes to the script which would need adjustments from an active skin developer, and this mod has none.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - handbone - 2014-10-09

(2014-10-06, 19:06)icesurf3r Wrote: Not sure if this has been asked already, but after a week and a half of searching on here and googling, I haven't been able to find an answer.

To make things easier for the kids to navigate (and to keep things a little tidier), what I would like to do is keep the kids TV shows Ben 10, Avatar, Power Rangers, Good Luck Charlie etc seperate from the 'grown-up' TV shows.

With this in mind, is there a way to seperate them within xbmc or Aeon Nox Gotham so they don't all show up when selecting TV shows from the main menu?

Ideally what I would like to do is one of the following:
  • Have a sub-menu that opens when selecting TV shows from main menu with two options 'Kids TV' ' and 'TV Shows' that looks the same as the main menu. This would show only 'grown-up' tv shows when selecting TV shows and only show the kids TV shows when selecting 'Kids TV'
  • Have TV shows and Kids TV as options on the main menu, that would show only 'grown-up' tv shows when selecting TV shows and only show the kids TV shows when selecting 'Kids TV'

As I say not sure if this is possible, but any help would be appreciated. This is a fantastic skin, so thanks to everyone involved for all their efforts.

Search the Wiki on how to make Smart Playlists, that will do what you want. Possible on every skin (easier for skins with custom home menus)

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - mrpg - 2014-10-09

Hi All,

Is there a version of this skin that works with Helix? , i am missing it so bad since upgrading to helix Sad ,(have to run helix due to my remote dying in Gotham)

Many Thanks in advanced.

Br
Patric

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - sveni_lee - 2014-10-09

so far as I know it is not compalible.
I've the same problem.
So I hope phil65 will convert his skin to Helix...

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - woodside - 2014-10-09

(2014-10-09, 11:16)sveni_lee Wrote: so far as I know it is not compalible.
I've the same problem.
So I hope phil65 will convert his skin to Helix...
I believe he is in the process of development for Helix as well as Gotham. He has a Helix branch for Aeon Nox in his Git.

https://github.com/phil65/Aeon-Nox/tree/helix

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - sveni_lee - 2014-10-09

I didn't saw that befor... Laugh
Did you test it...?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - _Andy_ - 2014-10-09

I have Aeon Nox 4.9.9.9 with Helix Alpha 4 up and running. I use the normal download of 4.9.9.9 and made some fixes. So far all is working.