Kodi Community Forum
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data (/showthread.php?tid=186090)

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - skippr - 2019-12-07

(2019-12-07, 15:39)Pajoe Wrote: However that does not explain the posts that using RESET fixes the addon but the dates are wrong.

After a reset the country.db is deleted, therefore the dates are wrong / not geospecific. That's how I understand it, and it makes sense. 
As soon as I copy a country.db in the user data folder, alls dates are correct. For me, at least. 

Thinking about this, the country.db seems to be a problem for quite some time. I deleted the whole kodi some months ago, and after installing from scratch I wondered why some shows in the add-on are displayed 1 day too early. No having a country.db again - thanks to alphaomega16 - all shows are listed at the correct date. So I assume that I have operated without a country.db for months. Despite the premature date for some shows everything was working. 

Why the forced update fails if it's not directly following a reset... I can't get my head around it. 

But on the other hand, this add-on does not necessarily need a frequent update, and since everything is stable apart from the re-update function, I can live with the situation.

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - Pajoe - 2019-12-07

on edit: removing nextaired.db and restarting kodi causes my systems to update upcoming show information. I thought I needed to keep a country.db up to date but it works without it. If I use Reset Data from the configuration file I get errors

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - Pajoe - 2019-12-07

(2019-12-07, 17:46)skippr Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 15:39)Pajoe Wrote: However that does not explain the posts that using RESET fixes the addon but the dates are wrong.

After a reset the country.db is deleted, therefore the dates are wrong / not geospecific. That's how I understand it, and it makes sense. 
As soon as I copy a country.db in the user data folder, alls dates are correct. For me, at least. 

Thinking about this, the country.db seems to be a problem for quite some time. I deleted the whole kodi some months ago, and after installing from scratch I wondered why some shows in the add-on are displayed 1 day too early. No having a country.db again - thanks to alphaomega16 - all shows are listed at the correct date. So I assume that I have operated without a country.db for months. Despite the premature date for some shows everything was working. 

Why the forced update fails if it's not directly following a reset... I can't get my head around it. 

But on the other hand, this add-on does not necessarily need a frequent update, and since everything is stable apart from the re-update function, I can live with the situation.    
on edit:

I tried using a country.db from October 2017 and it updated the upcoming shows , so then I tried deleting country.db and as you said, it still updated after a restart.  Times may be off, I am not sure. The only thing that does not work on any of my systems is the RESET all Data now. All  our kodi installations seem to be working. I do not intend to try the RESET option any time soon. Also, deleting nextaired.db and restarting kodi does force an update after a restart.

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - mgonzales - 2019-12-08

country.db was used by the 6.x version

see https://github.com/WayneD/script.tv.show.next.aired/search?q=country.db&unscoped_q=country.db

you can use DB Browser for SQLite to view and edit the .db files - https://sqlitebrowser.org/

Having not really looked at the code, I am guessing this was probable using this zip file

http://www.thetvdb.com/api/***APIKEY***/series/##ID##/all/en.zip and maybe a hack using tzinfo for your location - probably why your times are shifted

I use 7.x of next aired - I had to fix some issues in skin I used (personal mod estuary) to display all the data but it works.

Sometimes I won't get or loose data for "yesterday" in the 14+1 view

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - shedrock - 2019-12-08

Since this morning I've been able to use the **Reset all** data option and it works every time without any errors. I can also use the "Update the TV information now" feature and that too works. However, I no longer see my "Episodes Airing Today" widget on any of the skins I have tried, which would include Aeon Nox Silvo, Aeon MQ7, 8 and Amber, so I am not sure if this is progress on the TheTVDB end or not. Huh

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - skippr - 2019-12-08

@shedrock On my Rapier Skin the "Episodes Airing Today" widget is visible. But I still can't forceupdate. Are you in Version 7, or 6 as I am?

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - skippr - 2019-12-08

@mgonzales I cannot install V 7.0.1 on my Kodi 17.6. Do you know if that's possible at all? I try to avoid updating to Kodi 18 because it does not run so well on my FireTV 2nd gen.

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - shedrock - 2019-12-08

(2019-12-08, 22:33)skippr Wrote: @shedrock On my Rapier Skin the "Episodes Airing Today" widget is visible. But I still can't forceupdate. Are you in Version 7, or 6 as I am?
I am on v6. I try to stay away from anything that's not from Kodi's official repo.

Regards,

Shedrock

EDIT: @skippr - Hmm...you're right. I just tried the Rapier skin and I am on TVShow Next Aired v.6 and it does indeed work. Maybe @Karellen might know why that is, or @Gade ?

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - MrGonzo - 2019-12-09

(2019-12-07, 02:08)skippr Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 01:39)MrGonzo Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 00:55)alphaomega16 Wrote:  
Are you able to update your data for a second time?

I still have to reset all data first in order to update, otherwise the log shows 
Yes Ive been able to update a few times now ( to test). I waited this whole thing out a few days, and the bugs/errors must of been fixed; because suddenly it just started working....but only after I did a full refresh and update did it start working normally again. Just make sure you have the latest TVDB scrapper update.

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - alphaomega16 - 2019-12-09

(2019-12-08, 23:43)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-12-08, 22:33)skippr Wrote: @shedrock On my Rapier Skin the "Episodes Airing Today" widget is visible. But I still can't forceupdate. Are you in Version 7, or 6 as I am?
I am on v6. I try to stay away from anything that's not from Kodi's official repo.

Regards,

Shedrock

EDIT: @skippr - Hmm...you're right. I just tried the Rapier skin and I am on TVShow Next Aired v.6 and it does indeed work. Maybe @Karellen might know why that is, or @Gade ?

Oh that skin looks cool, might have to take a peek at that.

Edit
I did actually download that one, didn't like any of the views for library, couldn't get any banners to download for some of the TV shows either.

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - skippr - 2019-12-14

Nope, still does not work for me... 
Add-on deleted and v6 installed from scratch, tvdbscraper uptodate...
No country.db is created, a secondary update still fails  Huh

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - shedrock - 2019-12-14

I wonder if TheTVDB will ever get this resolved. They don't even post any updates as to what progress is being made.

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - ehammer85 - 2019-12-20

I continue to get errors when running the Next Aired addon.  If I uninstall it, re-install, reset to defaults and rescan, then it'll work initially.  But everytime after that, it attempts to "Get country.db" then fails.  I believe I'm getting the .zip error in my logs.  What has worked for everyone else in getting this fixed?

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/cadedebafi.kodi

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - skippr - 2019-12-20

@ehammer85 This has not been solved for me either, same situation as you. 

I am humbly happy that it works at all, and reset the data every week, to get the latest info. 
Resetting all data and then updating works for me, I don't have to uninstall/re-install the add-on.
And I manually add a copy of country.db after every reset to the user data folder.

RE: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data - ehammer85 - 2019-12-21

(2019-12-20, 21:14)skippr Wrote: @ehammer85 This has not been solved for me either, same situation as you. 

I am humbly happy that it works at all, and reset the data every week, to get the latest info. 
Resetting all data and then updating works for me, I don't have to uninstall/re-install the add-on.
And I manually add a copy of country.db after every reset to the user data folder.

how important is that country.db file? does it just get automatically created?  does that file need to be in <...kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.tv.show.next.aired>? or somewhere else?