Kodi Community Forum
Release [beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release [beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released (/showthread.php?tid=193263)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - deletedpenguin - 2014-07-03

(2014-07-03, 10:43)postdeath Wrote: I updated to the latest GIT version, and have a weird issue where the skin menu items (appearance>reFred) are messed up - most are just blank lines.

+1

I will post a screenshot when I have a chance.

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - sualfred - 2014-07-03

Ok, I guess you mean the labels of the buttons are blank? Then... I this was caused by a faulty language file. I deleted 2 lines of the english strings.po file. If that file was the reason, it should be fixed now

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - deletedpenguin - 2014-07-04

Sorry, never got around to posting a screenshot - the wife had control of the TV last night. Smile

The issues that I was seeing at least, were related to the text in the skin setting menu, and dialogue around Live TV. I'll test when I'm home from work tonight.

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - R-max - 2014-07-09

I really like your skin i use it everyday now.

I just bought the fire tv and made a fresh install on it.
The artist slideshow program doesn't work anymore is it a fire tv problem or the skin ?

Very personal but the widgets on the homescreen could be bigger I think

Thank you for your great work

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - qzem - 2014-07-10

@sualfred

Do you use perhapse use Media portal plugin for live tv? There is some menu for schedul recording trough EPG, that needs skiining to fit in with you skin. If I tell you the path and mybe give you the screenshot of how it looks now, would you skin it? The problem is that it can only be skinned for every skin seperatly, inside the plugin files. And I think this can only be done mannualy. Here is the thread where we were talking about it. I wanted to change stuff by myself but I didn't get anywhere Big Grin.

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - sualfred - 2014-07-10

Nope sorry, I use ArgusTV.
And curently I'm integrating skinshortcuts for the main menu. This will take a few days.

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - qzem - 2014-07-10

(2014-07-10, 09:33)sualfred Wrote: Nope sorry, I use ArgusTV.
And curently I'm integrating skinshortcuts for the main menu. This will take a few days.

OK thanks anyway. Maybe someday when you are in a good mood, you could take a look. It is only one xml file Smile. Ohw btw, do you have paypal donations enabled? I would like to donate for a beer or coffee. Just to give alittle bit back for your effort and envolvement into skin develpoment.

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - jdoo - 2014-07-10

(2014-07-10, 09:33)sualfred Wrote: Nope sorry, I use ArgusTV.
Awesome!!! You are nearing perfection dude Smile

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - sualfred - 2014-07-10

@qzem:
Yep, don't hesitate to provide me a screen. I don't really know what kind of plugin it is ^^
No donations button yet. But thx, I will think about it Smile

@jdoo:
I'm near frustration, not a easy task Tongue

@all:
Does anybody of you still use the WMC like menu with the thumbs?
It feels like garbage from the beginning and I'm would remove it. It's easier to maintain and implement new features for one layout.

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - jdoo - 2014-07-10

I don't use it. I think it doesn't look good because the text of the selected item is higher than the rest of the menu. if the text of selected item was inside the thumb (text same vertical position as rest of menu) I may use it, but I would not be sad to see only "simple menu" supported without thumb.

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - deletedpenguin - 2014-07-11

I don't use it either.

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - ScottyRads - 2014-07-11

I do! I use the thumb home screen

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - qzem - 2014-07-11

I think I use the thumb home screen. If you mean this?

Then please don't remove this, I like it!

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - denz - 2014-07-11

I don't use it either.

RE: [beta] reFred - reFocus revised - sualfred - 2014-07-11

Damn ok Tongue