Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - wezley98 - 2015-06-03

Another small issue:

On the home screen we have the time shown on the top right of the screen which is fine, but when a notification is shown, eg backup scheduler it also has the clock on it which is slightly misaligned. Is there a way to either:

- only show the clock in the header when we are not on the home screen.
- or fix the alignment so it covers the clock on the home.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - wezley98 - 2015-06-03

@Simograndi do you think you could do some panel icons for LiveTv, Add-on Browser and Settings for the home screen?. The current ones are fine, just think it could be a better fit if some custom ones were done just for this theme.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-06-03

(2015-06-03, 11:58)wezley98 Wrote: @Simograndi do you think you could do some panel icons for LiveTv, Add-on Browser and Settings for the home screen?. The current ones are fine, just think it could be a better fit if some custom ones were done just for this theme.

I though I made all icons available, can you make a screenshot of the ones you mean please?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saitoh183 - 2015-06-03

(2015-06-02, 23:38)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-02, 23:30)saitoh183 Wrote: Humm.. Movies type libraries work but not TV show type libraries. As for banners, I figure it must be a problem with the beta plexbmc and not titan

I only have 1 movies and 1 tvshows collection on my testserver so it might me related to tvshow sections that have a higher index number, because I recently added support for a few extra plex collections. Does it happen on all your tv show collections ?

I will check the code once again to see if I didn't miss something stupid but I'm pretty sure it should work.
In my testsetup I'm running latest version of Plexbmc server and the Plexbmc addon version 4.0.0 beta 4

That the banners are missing when using Plex isn't a error/bug, it's like that by design, Plex doesn't support banners.
Maybe put in a feature request on the plexbmc forums ?
Ok.. I will test today again. As for banners, they are in the plex home theater and seems was working in the previous version of plexbmc.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saitoh183 - 2015-06-03

(2015-06-02, 23:38)marcelveldt Wrote: That the banners are missing when using Plex isn't a error/bug, it's like that by design, Plex doesn't support banners.
Maybe put in a feature request on the plexbmc forums ?
Ok.. I will test today again. As for banners, they are in the plex home theater and seems was working in the previous version of plexbmc.
[/quote]

As dlanor states here (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201061&pid=2011781#pid2011781) Banners where working with the older plexbmc addon so i figure i will ask the plexbmc dev about it and then report back

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - burekas - 2015-06-03

Quote:Adding a source only is not enough.. You also need to scan the content to the Kodi library.
Press menu (contectmenu) on the added music source and select "scan to library". Once the scan is done, you can enter "library mode" from the sideblade menu. Only when there's actual content properly scanned to your music library, the music widgets will function.
Thanks. Now it's OK.
Request: Can you add to the widget also "Random Songs" (Like there is "Random albums")

Quote:Fixed. Available in next beta
Thanks. It's Ok now (3.3.15)

Quote:What homemenu are you using ? I can't reproduce so can you possibly provide a screenshot or short screen capture from the problem ?
I'm using "Simple confluence-style homescreen vertical"
Look on this picture:
http://up415.siz.co.il/up3/deongnd43myn.png
It's shown just for some mili-second and then changing to the widget.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-06-03

Hi, just tested new beta, amazing as usual Wink

some improvements I found:

- the "list" view has different (and uglier) selection highlight, please uniform it to the one of other list views

- the PVR list has some extra features like next aired info or hour ending, can you add those also to other views? Or maybe create a view optimized just for pvr. Also here the issue of previous point.

- the scroll bars (I know you are working on them) are few coherent between areas, particularly their color (also according to settings). Let's say they are fine in now playing views (OSD) but for example in lists when not selected they are barely visible because of the color used (would be enough using the set ones). I suggest also here a color for BG, normal and selected.

- in color settings would be nice displaying the color name (and color itself like in some case) instead of hex value

- in main settings page the section titles (below big image on the right) are always "mainblue" regardless of color settings

- also in color picker if possible sort colors by color instead of this "random" order. Also please add the scroll bar

Here attached my attempt of a RED based theme, you can use it to test the settings I said Smile

Red Passion by Simograndi

THANK YOU Wink

EDIT: unfortunately I found a real own bug: when logging off and loading another profile, some color settigs are not loaded properly (which ones seem to be random). Closing and restarting Kodi/that profile doesn't fix the issue. Could be this because I'm loading the same custom theme for both of them?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - burekas - 2015-06-04

(2015-06-02, 20:27)wheemer Wrote:
(2015-06-02, 00:29)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-31, 20:35)burekas Wrote: 1) Why there some tiles on homescreen which show Black background?
2) I have problem with Music section on home screen. Beside that it shows Black on background. Inside the widget it's not updated by the music which Added/Changed

In that case either your textures cache is corrupt or it isn't finished caching images to the cache. Google for Kodi texture cache and you'll find your answer...

I saw a couple submenu items had black background suddenly. I assigned a new image to them and all is good again.

I searched on google but I don't understand what I need to do.
I still got Black background in some tiles (there only few times it show the correct background or the random fanart on libraries in the homescreen)

All the time I just delete the "Thumbnails" folder content and then delete the "Textures13.db" file, so Kodi generate it again.
But it doesn't help.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-06-04

(2015-06-04, 00:11)burekas Wrote: I searched on google but I don't understand what I need to do.
I still got Black background in some tiles (there only few times it show the correct background or the random fanart on libraries in the homescreen)

All the time I just delete the "Thumbnails" folder content and then delete the "Textures13.db" file, so Kodi generate it again.
But it doesn't help.

Hmmm, that should be enough. Is your music content scraped to the Kodi library ? Is the title itself also black or does it show the default music picture ?

A black picture means that the skin is trying to display a fanart image that hasn't been loaded to the Kodi texture cache yet. It is a common issue with the so called "library provider script" that many Kodi skins (including Titan) use.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-06-04

(2015-06-02, 23:30)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2015-06-02, 23:02)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-02, 21:09)saitoh183 Wrote: @marvelveldt

Using latest plexbmc beta with Titan 3.3.14 and i want to know, do the submenu items "unwatched","In progress" & "Recently added" from the Plexbmc Collection list, work for you?

Yep, working fine..
Humm.. Movies type libraries work but not TV show type libraries.

This would be similar to the problem I reported earlier, about missing "recently added" fanouts in Titan's main menu.
I use the vertical menu layout, so for most media sections I get such fanouts almost as in "Plex Home Theater".
But selecting any of my Plex media sections of 'shows' type, the right-hand part of the main menu screen is empty.
In my tests I've also checked that this problem extends to attempting to enter such a section list with filters like 'Recently added",
for such cases a list screen is shown without any entries (list count shown as "0"), which is identical to your problem.

That was a few days ago, so I will test again (in case a new skin beta came out since then).
But since Marcel was unable to replicate the problem on his systems, I don't expect it to be fixed until he does replicate it.

Quote:As for banners, I figure it must be a problem with the beta plexbmc and not titan

Yes, as I mentioned earlier the Amber skin has also lost the ability to show banners with current PlexBMC, which worked with older versions.
I believe hippojay is currently on vacation, so we can't expect any fixes beyond "PlexBMC v4.0.0~beta4" until he's back again.

Best regards: dlanor

(2015-06-04, 08:10)dlanor Wrote: That was a few days ago, so I will test again (in case a new skin beta came out since then).
But since Marcel was unable to replicate the problem on his systems, I don't expect it to be fixed until he does replicate it.

Well I have some "good" news, I managed to break it ;-)

I played a bit with the plexbmc settings and now it fails for me too. Restoring it to defaults gets it working again so it must be in some setting... Could you try set plexbmc to default settings if that helps in your case ?

(2015-06-03, 22:57)Simograndi Wrote: - the "list" view has different (and uglier) selection highlight, please uniform it to the one of other list views

Fixed.

(2015-06-03, 22:57)Simograndi Wrote: - the PVR list has some extra features like next aired info or hour ending, can you add those also to other views? Or maybe create a view optimized just for pvr. Also here the issue of previous point.

Done

(2015-06-03, 22:57)Simograndi Wrote: - the scroll bars (I know you are working on them) are few coherent between areas, particularly their color (also according to settings). Let's say they are fine in now playing views (OSD) but for example in lists when not selected they are barely visible because of the color used (would be enough using the set ones). I suggest also here a color for BG, normal and selected.
I have added color settings for the scrollbars and resized it, it looks a whole lot better now.

(2015-06-03, 22:57)Simograndi Wrote: - in color settings would be nice displaying the color name (and color itself like in some case) instead of hex value
Done

(2015-06-03, 22:57)Simograndi Wrote: - in main settings page the section titles (below big image on the right) are always "mainblue" regardless of color settings
fixed

(2015-06-03, 22:57)Simograndi Wrote: - also in color picker if possible sort colors by color instead of this "random" order. Also please add the scroll bar
Colors are sorted by color value...

(2015-06-03, 22:57)Simograndi Wrote: Here attached my attempt of a RED based theme, you can use it to test the settings I said Smile
Sorry, the link is dead, can you resend it ? To share your color theme copy the theme file from the userdata directory --> addon_data --> script.titanskin.helpers --> themes --> copy both the theme file and the screenshot.

(2015-06-03, 22:57)Simograndi Wrote: EDIT: unfortunately I found a real own bug: when logging off and loading another profile, some color settigs are not loaded properly (which ones seem to be random). Closing and restarting Kodi/that profile doesn't fix the issue. Could be this because I'm loading the same custom theme for both of them?

This should work because the colorsettings are just stored as basic skin settings, like any other setting. Reset the profile maybe ?

I will provide new beta with these fixes soon.

BTW: I resized the OSD icons to 75x75 in the skin. (see few posts back). If you could provide me the resized png images, that would be great.
Also, I've changed the radiobutton to a bit more modern look and moved the rounded ones to the classic theme.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-06-05

(2015-06-04, 18:33)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-06-04, 08:10)dlanor Wrote: That was a few days ago, so I will test again (in case a new skin beta came out since then).

Well I have some "good" news, I managed to break it ;-)

I played a bit with the plexbmc settings and now it fails for me too. Restoring it to defaults gets it working again so it must be in some setting... Could you try set plexbmc to default settings if that helps in your case ?
Thanks for your efforts to solve this.

I've tried the default settings, tested some more, and have now found which precise setting it is that causes the problem.
It's the PlexBMC setting "Enable extra filter menus" in the submenu "Look and Feel" which enables Titan's display of the 'shows' type fanouts.

Unfortunately this is one setting I must have OFF in order to use the GUI conveniently.
With that setting ON (the default), direct entry to any media list is impossible, as entry always passes through an extra page for choice of filter variants.
To me that usage is unacceptable (extra delay, extra keypresses), so I will never use PlexBMC with that setting ON, except in temporary testing like now.
(This extra filter menu is a remnant from old Plex standards, long since abandoned in the modern Plex GUIs.)

What I want (and get with Amber) when that setting is OFF, is that pressing 'Enter' with a section name selected brings me directly to the full media list, using the "All" filter. And this usage has no consequence whatever for the main menu fanouts, which are displayed identically regardless of that setting.

Apparently Titan's interface uses some part of the PlexBMC API incorrectly, relying on that setting not just to show the extra page of filter selections on section entry, but somehow relying on that setting also to access the 'fanout' info for show-type media sections, which is not the case with the Amber skin. This also implies that the other filtering methods are ignored. And that is why both I and saitoh183 see empty lists when attempting to use the "Recently added" 'side menu' filter in Titan, while also having the 'extra filter menus' OFF. This is another case of Titan's strange dependency on that setting for purposes it's not intended for.

With Amber, whose development is 'intertwined' with some for PlexBMC, both the fanout displays and the use of specific filter methods are independent of the 'extra filter menus' setting.
And that's of course the functionality we would prefer in Titan as well.

Btw:
Speaking of the fanouts again reminds me of another thing I meant to bring up, though it was kind of pointless before getting show fanouts to work.
By Plex standards there are always two kinds of fanouts used. One is "Recently added" and the other is "On Deck", as you probably know.

For movies and music the "Recently added" is perhaps the most useful fanout, with "On Deck" only used for incomplete playback.
But for shows the "On Deck" fanout is of primary importance, as it allows a simple means of continued viewing of more episodes of favorite shows directly from the main menu.
So it's regrettable that the Titan skin only seems to implement a "Recently added" fanout. (Perhaps I'm wrong about that. In fact I hope so... Wink )

PlexBMC does have a setting intended to choose fanout usage as "Recently added" or "On Deck" (or both, or none), but apparently it doesn't work with Titan.

Best regards: dlanor

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-06-05

(2015-06-05, 07:24)dlanor Wrote: What I want (and get with Amber) when that setting is OFF, is that pressing 'Enter' with a section name selected brings me directly to the full media list, using the "All" filter. And this usage has no consequence whatever for the main menu fanouts, which are displayed identically regardless of that setting.

Btw:
Speaking of the fanouts again reminds me of another thing I meant to bring up, though it was kind of pointless before getting show fanouts to work.
By Plex standards there are always two kinds of fanouts used. One is "Recently added" and the other is "On Deck", as you probably know.

PlexBMC does have a setting intended to choose fanout usage as "Recently added" or "On Deck" (or both, or none), but apparently it doesn't work with Titan.

Thanks for testing and finding the root cause. I will compare the Amber skin with Titan to see if I can find why it works with Amber. I saw some methods in the plexbmc skin especially for Amber, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some custom code in the addon that isn't available to the other skins. I will take a look today and let you know.

As for the "on deck": that is already supported in Titan but it's called "in progress" which is the Kodi term for items that are in progress.

Note that the label saying "recently added" above or below the widgets is in fact a button. If you press it you can toggle between different widget states. This reminds me to make that more clear to users that it's a button..

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - wezley98 - 2015-06-05

Does anybody have an issue with Live TV where the osd doesn't always close when changing channels on Raspberry Pi 2?

@marcelveldt the spinner still seems to be an issue when loading movies and tv shows, could it be disabled for slow computers, or a new setting maybe?

@Simograndi Its these:

https://github.com/marcelveldt/xbmc.skin.titan/blob/master/skin.titan.helix/media/home/livetv.png
https://github.com/marcelveldt/xbmc.skin.titan/blob/master/skin.titan.helix/media/home/settings.png
https://github.com/marcelveldt/xbmc.skin.titan/blob/master/skin.titan.helix/media/home/addons.png