Kodi Community Forum
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help (/showthread.php?tid=31511)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- HarshReality - 2008-03-08

billyad2000 Wrote:Glad you liked it Laugh

Not sure what you are asking for in the export of the files - could you explain in a bit more detail please

Example.. in XBMC I have bookmark general. This is a multipath bookmark
Drive-3\DVD
Drive-4\DVD etc.

Now.. when I run your wonderful lil piece of engineering I get
General
all nfo files

So I have to actually sort them and them place them in the proper share after they are extracted & created from the db. So I ask, is there a way to further sort when making them so they also place in a path under the bookmark name so its a simple select all and paste to my network share?

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-08

HarshReality Wrote:Example.. in XBMC I have bookmark general. This is a multipath bookmark
Drive-3\DVD
Drive-4\DVD etc.

Now.. when I run your wonderful lil piece of engineering I get
General
all nfo files

So I have to actually sort them and them place them in the proper share after they are extracted & created from the db. So I ask, is there a way to further sort when making them so they also place in a path under the bookmark name so its a simple select all and paste to my network share?

It would be fairly easy to implement this - it's just the problem of understanding exactly how to implement it

For example if you have a path :-

Sorry - hit the wrong button -

If you have a path :-
F:\Movies\horror\
You could have folder name -
FMovieshorror

or
smb://workgroup;username:password@computername/Movies3/

would be in folder -
smbworkgroup;usernamepassword@computernameMovies3

Would mean for some very long filenames though

coastal Wrote:http://coastalrocket.blogspot.com/2007/10/tidying-up-movies-in-xbmc.html

I posted this a while back but since its all the same kind of thing it's worth a plug here. Mine's more concerned with creating NFO files for new movies as you drop them into your shared folder. It'll create a basic NFO file - pointing to the imdb url, and it'll create the folder.jpg and movename.tbn files.
where it was left off.

You must have been thinking along the same lines I was when you wrote this - It's a nice idea but no good for people like myself who don't store each movie in it's own subfolder - maybe an update could fix that

coastal Wrote:If i create a title tag in the NFO file is there any alterations on the xbmc side to pick this up? I remember reading a thread about this but can't remember where it was left off.

You mean this thread:- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30691

The answer is not yet

- LaTropa64 - 2008-03-08

If we use our own nfo files to store all the imdb data, will that prevent the scraper from being able to grab actor thumbnails when we scan the movie?

- HarshReality - 2008-03-08

billyad2000 Wrote:Sorry - hit the wrong button -

If you have a path :-
F:\Movies\horror\
You could have folder name -
FMovieshorror

or
smb://workgroup;username:password@computername/Movies3/

would be in folder -
smbworkgroup;usernamepassword@computernameMovies3

Would mean for some very long filenames though

Truthfully Im not worried anbout the "name" per say. Just some seperation method when choosing the path... I mena it could be:
Movies\1
Movies\2
Movies\3

to allow for some seperation.

- Scott R - 2008-03-09

Sorry, noob question (which I imagine will help other noobs)...

Just to clarify, this program is designed for multi-XBMC households where you're streaming movies from a central server and want to store the movie information alongside the movie, rather than within each XMBC device (e.g., modded XBox running XBMC), correct?

Does this run against the IMDB data already retrieved and stored on the XBox, or does it run against my directory of ripped movies and go and retrieve the IMDB data itself?

Once the initial mass conversion has been run, what is the proper/best procedure when adding a single new movie to your collection?

- SleepyP - 2008-03-09

it does neither, you must first have a database created by XBMC. Then you must export that database to an XML file.
This program only processes that XML file.

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-09

Scott R Wrote:Sorry, noob question (which I imagine will help other noobs)...

Just to clarify, this program is designed for multi-XBMC households where you're streaming movies from a central server and want to store the movie information alongside the movie, rather than within each XBMC device (e.g., modded XBox running XBMC), correct?

Does this run against the IMDB data already retrieved and stored on the XBox, or does it run against my directory of ripped movies and go and retrieve the IMDB data itself?

Once the initial mass conversion has been run, what is the proper/best procedure when adding a single new movie to your collection?

This can certainly be of benefit within multiple XBMC households, in that the movies only have to be scraped once from IMDB by any one of the xbmc's. While the movies would have to be scanned again on each XBMC the information would come from the .nfo file rather than the internet and would not only be far faster but would be 100% accurate.

It doesn't at this time scrape information from the internet in itself - it depends on the exported videodb.xml you can create via XBMC after having used XBMC to create a library. - In the future - I'm looking into the posibility including a scraper at some future time, but this won't be in the immediate future.

The way i've been updating the nfo files is to put new movies into a seperate temporary share - scrape them with XBMC, then at sometime in the future you can export the new videdb.xml, create the .nfo files, then move the movies and nfos where I want them, clean the XBMC database, then rescan. It Doesnt need to be done very often, maybe on a monthly basis, or just before installing a new version of XBMC.
I know this isn't an ideal solution but I am thinking about improvements and it's a lot better than having to re-scrape a large movie collection, especially on multiple XBoxes.

- LaTropa64 - 2008-03-13

This worked great! It took a 20mb xml file and spit out 779 .nfo files in just a couple seconds. Thanks!

I do have a question on how it handles movie and actor thumbnails though. When you go to import these movies again, will XBMC still be able to pull the thumbnail images down automatically if they aren't already downloaded into XBMC\UserData\Thumbnails\Video\?

And is this how the thumbnail extraction is suppose to work... with the double <thumb><thumb> tag or is that a bug?

Code:
<actor>
            <name>Eminem</name>
            <role>Jimmy</role>
            <thumb><thumb>http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/M/==/QM/xQ/zN/xY/jM/wc/TZ/tF/kX/nB/na/B5/lM/B5/VN/2I/jN/3g/TO/4g/TM/B5/VM._SY192_.jpg</thumb><thumb>http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/M/==/QM/xQ/zN/xY/jM/wc/TZ/tF/kX/nB/na/B5/lM/B5/VN/2I/jN/3g/TO/4g/TM/B5/VM._SY192_.jpg</thumb></thumb>
        </actor>

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-13

I was thinking of methods to back up the thumbnails but I now believe this is unneccesary. I'm not certain about this since i've not had cause to test it yet, however thumbnails are stored as a CRC hash of the filename and path, so as long as the filename and path don't change then XBMC will always find the correct thumbnail. If this is the case then the solution is to just back up the whole
"XBMC\UserData\Thumbnails\Video\" folder.
The thumbs are not stored in the DB and AFAIK XBMC just looks for thumbnails with the correct hash and uses them.

The path of my shares is as follows
smb://workgroup;username:password@computername/Movies2/movie.avi
In the above instance movie.avi is stored in a shared folder named "Movies2"
This means that even if i have to move a folder it would be an easy matter to keep the "Movies2" sharename, thus keeping the path correct for the same CRC hash.

I also asked about the double thumbnail tag earlier in this thread, it's not a bug, merely away to store multiple thumbnail URL's, as follows

<thumb><thumbs><thumb>thumbnail1 url</thumb>thumbnail2 url<thumb></thumbs></thumb> for multiple thumbs
or
<thumb><thumb>thumbnail1 url</thumb></thumb> for a single thumb

These are the URL's of the thumbnails that are downloaded when you select get thumbnail in the movie info screen.

- spiff - 2008-03-13

spiff Wrote:tags are supposed to be there. we store the xml in order to allow multiple thumbs

as i said

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-15

OK - Time for another update Big Grin

I've now included limited support for .tbn files.

Keeping with the automated idea you can now choose for the program to download the first thumb located in the <thumb> tag.
This will then be renamed as moviename.tbn and stored in the same location as the moviename.nfo

Obviously this slows down the program quite considerably since each thumb needs to be downloaded, but the overall time will depend on your internet speed. (It takes me about 15mins to download about 900 thumbs with a 4mb connection)

The program first creates all the individual .nfo's as previously but if the save thumbnail is selected it will then download and rename the thumbs.

Because of the increased processing time i've also added a progress bar and a cancel button for when it's downloading thumbs.

Download Here

Any feedback on how to handle thumbnails would be apreciated, i'm sort of trapped between what functionality to add and the need for a fast, easy to use program. For example, I could add the ability for a user to browse all thumbnails, and select the one the require, or even include a web browser so they can select their own thumb, but this would take a long time for people with large movie collections.
Anyway, just let me know.

- Razor_109 - 2008-03-15

I was wondering, would it be possible to add an option just to write the IMDB-Url in the .nfo and not all the information?

And second, whenever i use this tool it makes directories called Movie$, everytime a $ added. (I tried with shares trought SMB and FTP) or does it only work on local movies?

In this way there is no 'fast' copying the nfo files to the movie dirs and it has to be done manually..

Is this a known 'problem' or am i just doing something wrong ;P

Thanks for the tool though, when i got more time i'll try again and then maybe manually copy the nfo files..

- flamez - 2008-03-15

Billyad2000

Thanks for making this killer program! Today was my 1st time to try it out and all seems to be working except it grabs the actor thumb 1st instead of the Movie thumb? anyway to change this?

Keep up the good work!