Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Notifier for Windows - Release - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: XBMC Notifier for Windows - Release (/showthread.php?tid=34805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Jeroen - 2008-07-18

Really cool, worked without a hassle Smile
This has great potential, I'm looking forward to further updates. Mail and torrent notifications would be so awesome.
I was thinking, is there any way it could keep a history of notifications available in XBMC? Say like the last 5 to 10 announcements or so could be reviewed in some way?

- sbrandsborg - 2008-07-18

Jeroen Wrote:Really cool, worked without a hassle Smile
This has great potential, I'm looking forward to further updates. Mail and torrent notifications would be so awesome.
I was thinking, is there any way it could keep a history of notifications available in XBMC? Say like the last 5 to 10 announcements or so could be reviewed in some way?

I think Mail(pop3) support will be one of the next features im gonna implant in XBMC Notifier, its a cool idea with some "history" over the last x notifications, i will surely create that feature to, and some logging features Smile

- blittan - 2008-07-18

maybe also imap support (superior to pop) Wink

- batman91 - 2008-08-10

this really looks very nice. atm im trying to get it to send me a msg when utorent compeltes a download. all i can mange to do so far is a .not (.txt) that lists all of the "finished" torrents. the list just gets logner and longer until a manual cleanup. so it would work fine for a single downlaod, but after taht it wouldn't.

so unless someone can point me in the correct direction (i was trying with dir /b >message.not) would it be possible to add a plugin that scans a set directory for any new folders periodically?

- watzen - 2008-08-10

batman91: I added this string to the "run on complete" option in the advanced options dialog thats available in the add torrent dialog.
cmd /c echo Download complete!-?-%D > c:\message\notify.not

it doesn't have a random filename, but that doesn't matter since the notifier deletes the file after each notification.

/regards Tomas

- watzen - 2008-08-10

Really nice program btw!, It had passed under my radar undetected until now.
Thanks!

/regards Tomas

- rwparris2 - 2008-08-10

This is really awesome!

Maybe you could open-source this program, so others could help with the plugin aspect of it?

- watzen - 2008-08-10

After some talk with the guys at utorrent's irc-channel I got the random part working aswell (double % instead of single):

Code:
cmd /c echo Download complete!-?-%D > c:\message\%%random%%.not

watzen Wrote:batman91: I added this string to the "run on complete" option in the advanced options dialog thats available in the add torrent dialog.
cmd /c echo Download complete!-?-%D > c:\message\notify.not

it doesn't have a random filename, but that doesn't matter since the notifier deletes the file after each notification.

/regards Tomas

- sbrandsborg - 2008-08-10

batman91 Wrote:this really looks very nice. atm im trying to get it to send me a msg when utorent compeltes a download. all i can mange to do so far is a .not (.txt) that lists all of the "finished" torrents. the list just gets logner and longer until a manual cleanup. so it would work fine for a single downlaod, but after taht it wouldn't.

so unless someone can point me in the correct direction (i was trying with dir /b >message.not) would it be possible to add a plugin that scans a set directory for any new folders periodically?

That’s a good idea for a module, so it just looks in a selected directory with some interval.

Is XBMC Notifier not picking your .not files up?

- sbrandsborg - 2008-08-10

Right now im working on a new version with a lot of fixes and small changes, and im thinking and researching a lot about how I can make plug-ins possible.

Do any of you have any requests of features or issue fixes?

- batman91 - 2008-08-11

watzen Wrote:
Code:
cmd /c echo Download complete!-?-%D > c:\message\%%random%%.not

that looks very nice. i wasnt sure how to pass a command to cmd without using a .cmd or .bat file. (ie the /c switch) this is really nice. thanks.

now i just have to wait till version 1.8.1 of uTorrent to run commands by default Smile

- watzen - 2008-08-11

ahh I asked them if it was possible to make it run as default, and they said "no, but it has been requested before". You have any confirmation that it is slated for next release?

- Jeroen - 2008-08-11

sbrandsborg Wrote:Right now im working on a new version with a lot of fixes and small changes, and im thinking and researching a lot about how I can make plug-ins possible.

Do any of you have any requests of features or issue fixes?

great, looking forward to it Smile Looking forward to playing around with plugins.

- sbrandsborg - 2008-08-12

Progress!

I have finished the VB.net plugin developer platform (c# will follow in a later version) so now i just have to correct alot of code in the main application, and then we have plugin support Smile

- batman91 - 2008-08-13

watzen Wrote:ahh I asked them if it was possible to make it run as default, and they said "no, but it has been requested before". You have any confirmation that it is slated for next release?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=43420

Firon Wrote:There's no way to add a command by default (meaning you have to add it every time), but that'll be added for 1.8.1.

Id like the ability to add more than one xbox to the recieving list. Thanks!