Kodi Community Forum
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET) (/showthread.php?tid=38120)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- Bram77 - 2009-03-16

For what resolution did you design it again?
I'll have a look at the code as soon as I have the time!

- Livin - 2009-03-16

Bram77 Wrote:About XBMControl-Evo. I knd of had to start over to be able to use Glade-Sharp. But it's progressing pretty quick now. Glade does have it's advantages but it also takes a bit more time to develop with glade.

Is there an advantage with Gtk# over wxGlade?

- Kabooga - 2009-03-17

The latest code should detect what resolution your phone has and move the buttons to handle most screen sizes.

- Bram77 - 2009-03-17

Livin Wrote:Is there an advantage with Gtk# over wxGlade?

wxGlade seems a little outdated. I use the Glade 3 tool to build te interface. It's in the standard repos of Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty.

Glade isn't an alternative to Gtk#. It's a way of addressing the Gtk libraries (Gtk+ and Gtk# are supported). The Glade interface builder is a tool that allows you to build the graphical interface and set the 'widgets' (objects) proerties in a seperate program. It produces a xml (.glade) file which can be imported with the glade-sharp library in, for instance, MonoDevelop. The interface is build according to the xml configuration. So this seperates the inface configuration completely from the actual code. Which is a cool thing! The xml (.glade) file will be installed on your computer together with the rest of the programs files and you could model (as a user) the interface to whatever you like as long as you do not remove any objects, respect their names and events. Without having to touch the actual code of the application!

In reality it still will be quit delecate to redisgn the interface, but it's much easier then without using glade.

So glade is an addition to Gtk, not a replacement. Additionaly, the Glade designer tool is much faster then designing with the MonoDevelop gui designer and contains more Widgets.

edit: wxGlade doesn't seem te be intendet to use with C# either. I think it's inly for C++, pearl and python.

- Livin - 2009-03-17

Bram77 Wrote:wxGlade seems a little outdated. I use the Glade 3 tool to build te interface. It's in the standard repos of Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty.

Glade isn't an alternative to Gtk#. It's a way of addressing the Gtk libraries (Gtk+ and Gtk# are supported). The Glade interface builder is a tool that allows you to build the graphical interface and set the 'widgets' (objects) proerties in a seperate program. It produces a xml (.glade) file which can be imported with the glade-sharp library in, for instance, MonoDevelop. The interface is build according to the xml configuration. So this seperates the inface configuration completely from the actual code. Which is a cool thing! The xml (.glade) file will be installed on your computer together with the rest of the programs files and you could model (as a user) the interface to whatever you like as long as you do not remove any objects, respect their names and events. Without having to touch the actual code of the application!

In reality it still will be quit delecate to redisgn the interface, but it's much easier then without using glade.

So glade is an addition to Gtk, not a replacement. Additionaly, the Glade designer tool is much faster then designing with the MonoDevelop gui designer and contains more Widgets.

edit: wxGlade doesn't seem te be intendet to use with C# either. I think it's inly for C++, pearl and python.

Nice! I've been looking at updating a 3 year old script and need to "catch up" on the tools and such. Can you use Glade3 for XBMC scripts also? Are there libraries that are needed?

thx!

- Bram77 - 2009-03-17

You can't use Glade3 to design the interface of a XBMC script. Glade3 is for use with the GTK library. Eventhough XBMC uses a similar method for designing the interface (xml), I'm not aware of any gui tools for doing the same with the XBMC library. On the other hand... I don't have any experience with skinning in XBMC Smile So there might be some tool available!

- Livin - 2009-03-18

I'm thinking that i might just dump the idea of redoing the script in XBMC and make it a stand-alone app that XBMC can call. Now the question is... do I use Visual Studio, or Mono? Smile

- Bram77 - 2009-03-18

That would be ".NET or Mono" or "Visual Studio or Monodevelop" Smile

- Livin - 2009-03-23

v0.4.3 problem

I'm having a lot of problems getting it to 'connect' to XBMC... event restarting XBMC does not help when it will not connect?

- Bram77 - 2009-03-23

You can't connect at all?
Did you set the connection timeout to 4000ms ?

- Livin - 2009-03-23

Not at all... using XBMCSetup-Rev18798.exe

yes set to 4000

- Bram77 - 2009-03-23

Is the XBMC webserver enabled? If yea, what port do you use?
If the webserver port is 8080, the ip address in XBMControl should be 192.168.1.2:8080 (for example).

- Livin - 2009-03-23

total brain fart... I installed an app that took over port 80 and did not even realize it!

I changed XBMC to 8080 and all is well. thx for the kick-start.

btw... any updates coming? I love the app!

- Kabooga - 2009-03-24

Livin,

Good to hear you have it working. In the back of my mind I was thinking..."What did I mess up this time?".

What kind of capabilities, or features, would you like to see in XBMControl? I think we could add some features in if they are not big changes.

Regards.

- Livin - 2009-03-24

Kabooga Wrote:What kind of capabilities, or features, would you like to see in XBMControl? I think we could add some features in if they are not big changes.

Not really new things but fixes for things that don't work 100%...

I have seen issues when using the Media Browser with videos.

a) Some play but no title shows in the balloon
b) DVD rips (in native VIDEO_TS folder) don't play at all.
c) some show the title but also a bunch of other codec info too.