Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- neal73 - 2009-04-23

Is it possible to disable backgrounds and just have fanart showing up? Would this help save memory on the xbox much?

- piotr - 2009-04-23

Tried this on my XBMClive install but i get "flickering" screen (think it's the backgrounds). Any suggestions ?

- Cranial - 2009-04-23

neal73 Wrote:Is it possible to disable backgrounds and just have fanart showing up? Would this help save memory on the xbox much?

Yeah, stand by for that one neal73.... I wrapped up a mod doing just that in TV and it helped. When Auriga stabilises a bit I'll try and do the same for it.

- turbinez - 2009-04-23

after switching back to mediastream 1.00 and then going back to auriga lite it feels extremely slow on my appletv. Sad and I know the appletv is a bit faster than the xbox... 1Ghz cpu vs 733ghz. I really wanted to run Auriga lite, but no matter how i try to optimize it, it is still not as responsive as i'd like. Is there hope to make auriga run smoothly on xbox/appletv devices?

- diemos - 2009-04-23

Make sure all your fanart is 960x540 and covers 384xXXX it should work fine then.

- paul - 2009-04-23

neal73 Wrote:Is it possible to disable backgrounds and just have fanart showing up? Would this help save memory on the xbox much?
Yes it would help cranial is working on a fix for that

piotr Wrote:Tried this on my XBMClive install but i get "flickering" screen (think it's the backgrounds). Any suggestions ?
Cranial has answered that one
Cranial Wrote:Yeah, stand by for that one neal73.... I wrapped up a mod doing just that in TV and it helped. When Auriga stabilises a bit I'll try and do the same for it.
Great can't wait to see that fix
turbinez Wrote:after switching back to mediastream 1.00 and then going back to auriga lite it feels extremely slow on my appletv. Sad and I know the appletv is a bit faster than the xbox... 1Ghz cpu vs 733ghz. I really wanted to run Auriga lite, but no matter how i try to optimize it, it is still not as responsive as i'd like. Is there hope to make auriga run smoothly on xbox/appletv devices?
Not got a clue on apple devices.
diemos Wrote:Make sure all your fanart is 960x540 and covers 384xXXX it should work fine then.
Well said mate.Smile

- paul - 2009-04-23

Ok guys new update Aeon_Auriga_lite_Revision2 is here links at top of thread note you will need to keep your fonts folder as its no longer being included to facilitate more updates per week for further info tips etc read first post. thanksSmile

- kautious - 2009-04-24

Hey Thanks for ver.2 Paul! Work wellLaugh Sitll have the memory leak only can play 2 45mim tv shows then I have to reset.

What app are you guys using to resize your backgrounds? Every time I use IranView to change 720p to 960x540 I get really bad pixelated pic's.
I tried the backdrops Bram77 put up and they look great, but I would like more for my movies and tvshows

- paul - 2009-04-24

kautious Wrote:Hey Thanks for ver.2 Paul! Work wellLaugh Sitll have the memory leak only can play 2 45mim tv shows then I have to reset.

What app are you guys using to resize your backgrounds? Every time I use IranView to change 720p to 960x540 I get really bad pixelated pic's.
I tried the backdrops Bram77 put up and they look great, but I would like more for my movies and tvshows
You don't need to reset as often if at all just use the refesh button at the top of the screen this frees up a few extra mb's at least it does on mine.
Yes irfanview is a bit harsh at resizing or maybe i just don't know how to use it,
I use paint.net version 3.36 on windows xp pro this does need .net installed but it's free
and easy to use it does all i need for doing my textures shame it has no batch function though as at the moment i resize all my textures and fanart and posters one at a time but at least i lose very little quality......Smile

- kautious - 2009-04-24

paul Wrote:You don't need to reset as often if at all just use the refesh button at the top of the screen this frees up a few extra mb's at least it does on mine.
Yes irfanview is a bit harsh at resizing or maybe i just don't know how to use it,
I use paint.net version 3.36 on windows xp pro this does need .net installed but it's free
and easy to use it does all i need for doing my textures shame it has no batch function though as at the moment i resize all my textures and fanart and posters one at a time but at least i lose very little quality......Smile

cooL thanks will will try!!
I forgot all about the rest.Eek

- paul - 2009-04-24

kautious Wrote:cooL thanks will will try!!
I forgot all about the rest.Eek
Nay problem i only found it by sheer luckLaugh

- mtnman - 2009-04-24

gimp works pretty well too!

- Cranial - 2009-04-24

mtnman Wrote:gimp works pretty well too!

I'm on a Mac and using Photoshop CS3. Luckily I can tie this in with Automator to batch resize the media files. This works pretty well.

Paul, how did you solve the problem of the Poster overlay showing up too small after resizing?

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-24

Paul, I haven't installed yet but what about the added studio flags? The Rev2 Includes_MediaFlags is almost 1000 lines less that Rev1. Are they in a different file?

- paul - 2009-04-24

Cranial Wrote:I'm on a Mac and using Photoshop CS3. Luckily I can tie this in with Automator to batch resize the media files. This works pretty well.

Paul, how did you solve the problem of the Poster overlay showing up too small after resizing?
I did not resize the buggers this time. no matter what i resized them to they always came out wrong and aint sure why still it does run a lot better than my last revision.
And i am really pleased i got the genre posters to work with djh's new sub menu i did ask him for help but i guessed he would ignore any request from me. but i worked it outLaugh
g00fy1 Wrote:Paul, I haven't installed yet but what about the added studio flags? The Rev2 Includes_MediaFlags is almost 1000 lines less that Rev1. Are they in a different file?
No in this revision i left the mediaflags.xml alone this time as i am waiting for fernferret to update his xml files to work with Auriga that's why the last one screwed up as it was written for stark. i may upload a small update pack in a few days it will only be a few .xmls and a few new graphics that have been updated the problem is keeping up with all the daily changes....Phew time for a few beers me thinks.
Hopefully the media flags will get updated sooner rather than laterNod