Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-24

paul Wrote:No in this revision i left the mediaflags.xml alone this time as i am waiting for fernferret to update his xml files to work with Auriga that's why the last one screwed up as it was written for stark. i may upload a small update pack in a few days it will only be a few .xmls and a few new graphics that have been updated the problem is keeping up with all the daily changes....Phew time for a few beers me thinks.
Hopefully the media flags will get updated sooner rather than laterNod

Thanks! If I could, I'd buy you a beer!

Kick back and relax my friend. Cool

- paul - 2009-04-24

g00fy1 Wrote:Thanks! If I could, I'd buy you a beer!

Kick back and relax my friend. Cool

Will do am having a day off. before i start working out what updates to include as there are so dam manyEek

- Cranial - 2009-04-24

paul Wrote:I did not resize the buggers this time. no matter what i resized them to they always came out wrong and aint sure why still it does run a lot better than my last revision.

I resized all the thumbs except the "...shadow" ones. (They were the offending articles) and it works fine like that now.

I've just about got a version of Auriga ready to go, just a few new patches to add when I get home (can't pull from Git at work). I've got weather conditions working. Genre is working, with standard home menu pulldown. Included the other dialog and endtime mods and the like.

I'll do some testing, and if all successful I'll put a release out there.

Don't mean to be stepping on toes or anything, just figure if we both have a crack at it, when it's all done we can combine the best of both versions.

- diemos - 2009-04-24

Hey Paul, check this out, I have xbox and for some reason auriga with your lite mod runs real slow, it Aeon used to run 10x better with the other lite mode, anyways that mod is not getting updated so I though this might help you.

Check out this - PngOtimizer, I've tried it and it works perfectly, reduced most of the pngs by 30%. Though I did not see any speed improvements in the skin. See if it helps you.

http://psydk.org/PngOptimizer.php

Thanks.

- turbinez - 2009-04-24

run slow here on the appletv as well... Sad

- Ilia - 2009-04-24

For appletv I found best way to increase performance is to reduce the size of the media in the media folder to 50% which has a dramatically effect on performance of Aeon Auriga.. appletv cant handle 1080p anyway so.. my 2 cents

- hicaow - 2009-04-24

thanx alot for your work on this lite version of the skin!!

i just found this so im very sorry if its been asked a million times ..

what is the best app to batch convert a whack of pictures to the correct ratio for best performance / quality for the xbox , running in 720p .. ? .. what is the best size ?

oh and 1 small thing that would be awesome if you could add .. the sleep timer needs preset times (30 , 60 , 120 , 240) .. best place to add them would be when sleep timer is highlighted you can push left or right to pick , ala PM3 ..

thanx again!

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-24

Don't know what it is but this version has the most free memory of all the Aeons I've tried. I have 18mb on average in showcase and if I let it sit it will level out to 20mb free.

Running smooth too.

Thanks Paul.

- turbinez - 2009-04-24

when you guys use list view and scroll up and down, do you get a pop up saying "operation not permitted"? not sure why i am getting this and it's been bothering me ever since.

another thing i notice between the lite version and original is that my RSS feed scrolls extremely slow on the home screen...

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-24

turbinez Wrote:when you guys use list view and scroll up and down, do you get a pop up saying "operation not permitted"? not sure why i am getting this and it's been bothering me ever since.

another thing i notice between the lite version and original is that my RSS feed scrolls extremely slow on the home screen...

I'm not. I'm running on XBox.

I did notice tho that I lost my page up/down scroll bar in Auriga when in list mode.

- Bram77 - 2009-04-24

Thanks a lot for the new version. Running very smooth here! I have an amazing 31MB of free RAM on my XBOX using the backdrops I've posted earlier, being in the home screen with nothing playing.

- Cranial - 2009-04-24

Bram77 Wrote:Thanks a lot for the new version. Running very smooth here! I have an amazing 31MB of free RAM on my XBOX using the backdrops I've posted earlier, being in the home screen with nothing playing.

That's awesome.

Haven't had a chance to test out this one yet, but will soon. Been working on my one. Running really well, just need to find a fix for the genre poster mod to get it working properly with Auriga and I'll throw it out there.

Got a lot more freemem than I did with my last one ((Stark)(to those who got to test it)).

- paul - 2009-04-24

Cranial Wrote:I resized all the thumbs except the "...shadow" ones. (They were the offending articles) and it works fine like that now.

I've just about got a version of Auriga ready to go, just a few new patches to add when I get home (can't pull from Git at work). I've got weather conditions working. Genre is working, with standard home menu pulldown. Included the other dialog and endtime mods and the like.

I'll do some testing, and if all successful I'll put a release out there.

Don't mean to be stepping on toes or anything, just figure if we both have a crack at it, when it's all done we can combine the best of both versions.
Will recheck the thumbs thanks i have most of cf2009 mods working with the new submenu, though no fix as yet to keep the menu bar stuck in one place will try to work out how to do that on saturday + there is a problem with showcase in flat mode will look at that too on saturday unless you find a fix before meSmile

diemos Wrote:Hey Paul, check this out, I have xbox and for some reason auriga with your lite mod runs real slow, it Aeon used to run 10x better with the other lite mode, anyways that mod is not getting updated so I though this might help you.

Check out this - PngOtimizer, I've tried it and it works perfectly, reduced most of the pngs by 30%. Though I did not see any speed improvements in the skin. See if it helps you.

http://psydk.org/PngOptimizer.php

Thanks.
Have tried that in the past with my mediastream and horizon mods and found it did make the file sizes smaller but when you pack them up into a textures.xpr it reconverts all textures to bitmaps so for the xbox there is no real advantage but may benefit the apple tv users on here. will try with the next release to see if it helps them out so thanks for the suggestion.

turbinez Wrote:run slow here on the appletv as well... Sad
ere not much i can do about it but will have a look at png optimizer to see if it helps you guys
Ilia Wrote:For appletv I found best way to increase performance is to reduce the size of the media in the media folder to 50% which has a dramatically effect on performance of Aeon Auriga.. appletv cant handle 1080p anyway so.. my 2 cents
But the graphics are allready reduced by 50% reduceing them further by 50% will not look good at all besides if you reduce them too far it actually makes things worse as it then has to upsample everything to the desired resolution.Eek
hicaow Wrote:thanx alot for your work on this lite version of the skin!!

i just found this so im very sorry if its been asked a million times ..

what is the best app to batch convert a whack of pictures to the correct ratio for best performance / quality for the xbox , running in 720p .. ? .. what is the best size ?

oh and 1 small thing that would be awesome if you could add .. the sleep timer needs preset times (30 , 60 , 120 , 240) .. best place to add them would be when sleep timer is highlighted you can push left or right to pick , ala PM3 ..

thanx again!
Theres a shutdown timer in it sleep timer, as for your backdrops etc i would stick with 960x540 and for batch conversion of those i use irfanview but for the main textures i do all of them by hand one by one gets better results that way + i can adjust the transparency to my likeing...
g00fy1 Wrote:Don't know what it is but this version has the most free memory of all the Aeons I've tried. I have 18mb on average in showcase and if I let it sit it will level out to 20mb free.

Running smooth too.

Thanks Paul.
Good to hear that's roughley what i get too...
turbinez Wrote:when you guys use list view and scroll up and down, do you get a pop up saying "operation not permitted"? not sure why i am getting this and it's been bothering me ever since.

Strange not heard of that one before what you running it on?

Bram77 Wrote:Thanks a lot for the new version. Running very smooth here! I have an amazing 31MB of free RAM on my XBOX using the backdrops I've posted earlier, being in the home screen with nothing playing.

Christ how the hell have you achieved that did you just whack in your backdrops?
If thats all i will definately swapp mine out for yours as i have got them... jus have not had time to try them yet..

Cranial Wrote:That's awesome.

Haven't had a chance to test out this one yet, but will soon. Been working on my one. Running really well, just need to find a fix for the genre poster mod to get it working properly with Auriga and I'll throw it out there.

Got a lot more freemem than I did with my last one ((Stark)(to those who got to test it)).

No problem if you want i could upload my updated .xmls incase i noticed something you may have missed, and it's possible you may have fixed something i may not have fixed yet. in which case i will upload all my .xmls + any new textures that have been changed in the last few updates from gitSmile

- MrIcka - 2009-04-24

Damn Mediafire.. it's down or something =\

- Bram77 - 2009-04-24

paul Wrote:Christ how the hell have you achieved that did you just whack in your backdrops?
If thats all i will definately swapp mine out for yours as i have got them... jus have not had time to try them yet..

I've done what you suggested in the SP regarding the skin configuration.
But I can't find an option to disable fanart in listview only. And I have the eventserver disabled (a suggestion from Cranial to save memory).
Also, I'm not sure if it makes a difference in memory usage, I have disabled to RSS feed scroller.

Is there a way to make listview default for all views? It seems like the coverflow is default now (it wasn't in the previous version).