Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

SKIN Release - paul - 2009-06-06

Well i hope this next upload works as it's my third attempt as it keeps failing on me.
Should be up in 10 mins or so
Ok so here it is Auriga_Lite_Multiplex2_Test1 This has both night and light versions of multiplex 2 plus legacy multiplex night theme list views are also replaced with dark panels.
there are 54 movie genre posters working for all views except multiplex
there also 135 music genre covers working in all views including multiplex.

I do have a fix for the fanart problem and will post the file in due course.
Still no fix for default backdrops but hey i have read we can't expect things to work so soon and to stop bitching about it. it's a good job there not selling cars then!!!!

I have not had time to update the media flags for this release but if you lot can cope with no default backdrops and like it then i will update the whole kit and upload in the near future.
So there is some hope for it
Here it is let me know if you like or don't like.
I also will get around to updateing the old version at some point and sorry for the long delay
http://www.4shared.com/file/110267108/5f723ada/Auriga_lite_multiplex2_Test.html

Fix for fanart not showing in tv shows http://www.4shared.com/file/110270875/c1e4fa26/MyVideoNav.html
Ps have included a very nice splash screen i obtained from lokheed just bung it in your xbmc media folder.Smile

- paul - 2009-06-06

Bram77 Wrote:I completely understand and just called myself stupid because I just didn't think about doing it myself before Smile
If you PM me your gmail address (if you have one), I'll add you to the project members which will allow you to upload the archived version to the downloads section. Then I can download it and I can add it to the repository.

Are there any other skins you recommend to add?
My email is [EMAIL="paul-craven@LiVe.co.uk"]paul-craven@LiVe.co.uk[/EMAIL] and i don't think your stupid i may be as i don't understand all that svn / github stuff i am used to clicking on one button and thats that.
I will have a look at it over the weekend and decide what to upload etc as it may be of use if i have the fonts up there and some older mod packs etc so people could add there own stuff.
I will also give some thought as to other skins as i fully intend to continue working on On PM3HD transparency as this is a nice fully working rival to Auriga. then that could go up also.
Thanks for the assistSmile

- Bram77 - 2009-06-06

Something is not right with the homescreen backdrops. They are not showing for all selected items. For Weather, Settings and Scripts the backdrops seem to be working though.

edit: Sorry, it'll have to be a gmail account to be able to add you as a project member...
The SVN Repo plugin is working nicely btw!

- paul - 2009-06-07

Bram77 Wrote:Something is not right with the homescreen backdrops. They are not showing for all selected items. For Weather, Settings and Scripts the backdrops seem to be working though.

edit: Sorry, it'll have to be a gmail account to be able to add you as a project member...
The SVN Repo plugin is working nicely btw!
Yes this is precisely why until now i have not released this skin as it is a known bug or a design flaw. i have been banging on about this for over a week now in several threads trying to get a fix or work round for the xbox.
But the problem is nobody seems to give toss outside of this thread but a big thanks to cf2009 who found a partial fix for tv show fanart.
Only then did djh do the same (copycat)
So with that i am going to piss of for a few weeks until the dust settles down and gives people a chance to answer there own questions as the answers to most peoples questions are usually found within the threads if they take time to read the posts, sorry don't mean sound of but you get fed up of this don't work and the other does not work.

I do know that's why it's a test release of a beta skin. I only released it to give you guys and galls something shiny and new and also because i were having major problems with the other skin. Not to hear a volly of complaints about backdrops not working. It says so in my release post..................................See you all in a few weeks but i will be watching.
just not replying......................................................................................................

Ps bram the script does not work on my pc i assumed it was something else completely.

- Bram77 - 2009-06-07

I can only test the script on the xbox here. But it's the exact same script that's available from xbmc-addons with one extra repo entry. So I'm surprised it doesn't work on your PC. Can't really do much about that I'm affraid. But it does work well on the XBOX and probably Linux!

Thanks for the effort Paul!

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-07

Paul, thanks for the update!

I'll start testing it ASAP. One request if you could... Can you archive then upload the media folder without the textures.xpr? I can't extract it, it's protected. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again and I've got my fingers crossed on an xBox code update. Smile

- diemos - 2009-06-07

Thank you very much, trying it out now Smile
ye baby!

New git update: fixed: no Fanart for TV show seasons/episodes

Smile

- wannabegt4 - 2009-06-09

g00fy1 Wrote:Paul, thanks for the update!

Can you archive then upload the media folder without the textures.xpr? I can't extract it, it's protected. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again and I've got my fingers crossed on an xBox code update. Smile

X2

I'd like to make some changes to the textures on this newest test release and compress the textures with the old command line tool as it seems to do a bit better job than the gui based tool for some reason.

Just a quick update - paul - 2009-06-09

Work is progressing very slowly on the last revision for the old multiplex version of auriga(the one before the new multi image loading code change(the code that prevents default backdrops from working on xbox)) and will include 90% of what you guys and gals and those of you who are not sure which you are, voted for but sadly i am dropping leeuws transparency mod as it caused some issues which could not be resolved.

The good news is since there has been significant changes to Auriga with multiplex2(and seeing as i like it so much) i am going to continue work on this version so expect the first
Full revision of that soon and to stop people asking i will include the textures uncompressed.
But i will not supply the .xpr aswell (you get one or the other) and once these two revisions are uploaded i will be deleting all old revisions off my host site. so grab yourself a backup of one of them if you need it.

And hopefully the issues with default backdrops will be solved by some body soon as it is the only flaw left in auriga(in my oppinion)Smile

I was looking through the home.xml file and I think I can fix the default backgrounds for at least that screen. I didn't get to test it as my son was watching a movie on the xbox at the time but I'm relatively confident I know what needs to change. I know it'd be better to have the code in the xbox skinning engine ignore background loading and revert to the legacy image loading but I don't see that happening.

- paul - 2009-06-09

wannabegt4 Wrote:I was looking through the home.xml file and I think I can fix the default backgrounds for at least that screen. I didn't get to test it as my son was watching a movie on the xbox at the time but I'm relatively confident I know what needs to change. I know it'd be better to have the code in the xbox skinning engine ignore background loading and revert to the legacy image loading but I don't see that happening.

Hell if you can make it work you will make me extremely happy and a lot of others also.
To be honest it's one place i did not think to look at i was looking at includes backgrounds.xml but i soon realised it was beyond my coding skills.

I hope you do find a cure then i could use that code in the next revision of multiplex2Smile

- CF2009 - 2009-06-09

here you go paul have a play aron's old background loading code just add the 3 files to the modpack (with out the submenu) and away you goNod

i hopeWink

Awesome, I'll have to give that a try. It'll be a lot easier than sifting through xml and commenting out new code and adding back the old.

- paul - 2009-06-09

CF2009 Wrote:here you go paul have a play aron's old background loading code just add the 3 files to the modpack (with out the submenu) and away you goNod

i hopeWink
Good god all my birthday's etc have come at once you are a saint, i can't thank you enough i will try it out on test version on my xbox and on the new version i am downloading from hitcher ooh new toys to play with(sounds like a kid at Christmas)Laugh

- Bram77 - 2009-06-09

Please let me know if when you have a working version, so I can add it to http://xbmc-xbox-skins.googlecode.com Smile

I've skipped the test versions, if you really want to I'll add them as well even though I think it's best to place only the stable versions there.