[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)
- Cranial - 2009-05-19 04:19
diemos Wrote:I've actually used the textures from Revision 5 and they work fine, but if you made some changes I'd love to have them updated. 960x540 backdrops are fine for me. Thank you so much Paul, I really appreciate it.
Not really a skin specific issue happening here. By the time you're a minute into the media it's mplayer doing the work and not usually a lack of freemem due skin.
What version of xbmc are you using?
What bitrate are they encoded at?
You may want to try h264 encoding. Check out this wiki page for video playback / encoding help: h264 on the xbox
- paul - 2009-05-19 08:14
As cranial has said it's not really the skin at fault unless of course you only had a few megabytes ram spare then tried to play a video. you just try loading up auriga straight from github and compress the textures and even then it freezes on some screens. in my oppinion if you have over 15mb of free ram at any one time it should start any well encoded films / tv episodes. but if it fails after that it's then down to mplayer / have you tried to play it with the dvd player, bring up your context menu and select play with and select dvd player as it may do a better job. i have a number of 720p movies encoded with divx pro 7 and they play with no problems though it does drop a couple of frames at times.
Ps what had you got in mind with regards to the backdrops? size what sort etc
- MrIcka - 2009-05-19 15:29
[XBOX] When I enter Video the view is always "Showcase", I change it to list and go back to the main meny and then back to Video the view is back to "Showcase" ?!?! I change to list and go in to a folder, and then back to "root" and the view is "Showcase" again... strange thing, when I test the skin on my PC I don't get this.
Anybody getting this... anyone know a fix?
- paul - 2009-05-19 16:56
MrIcka Wrote:[XBOX] When I enter Video the view is always "Showcase", I change it to list and go back to the main meny and then back to Video the view is back to "Showcase" ?!?! I change to list and go in to a folder, and then back to "root" and the view is "Showcase" again... strange thing, when I test the skin on my PC I don't get this.That's an odd one sounds like you xbox is losing it's mind. What revision of xbmc are you running if it's over 3 months then i you really do need to upgrade in any case it's allway's adviseable to upgrade under these circumstances. because then if it still continues you will then know it's the skin. ps i take it your running rev6 in any event i will try to upload the fix pack for rev 6 later today as that build had a few problems which have since been dealt with.
I will post it in post 01 just avoid confusion in any event i will make it absolutely crystal clear where and when updates etc are available. this aimed at the likes of........... name hidden to avoid any law suits
- Cranial - 2009-05-19 17:15
MrIcka Wrote:[XBOX] When I enter Video the view is always "Showcase", I change it to list and go back to the main meny and then back to Video the view is back to "Showcase" ?!?! I change to list and go in to a folder, and then back to "root" and the view is "Showcase" again... strange thing, when I test the skin on my PC I don't get this.
I'd suggest clearing your skin settings via Settings -> Customise -> Purge or by dumping your Userdata/guisettings.xml file (warning, this will lose all of your settings, for all skins).
Or you could try uploading the skin but using a different name, say "Auriga-test" and seeing if you still see the same problems.
- yadster - 2009-05-19 19:12
Great looking skin, it really is the bees knees . I did a fresh install with the latest nightly build of xbmc but I have a few queries that I cannot seem to suss out.
1. I use an xbox controlled with an ms remote just as a media centre. If I disable the shutdown and settings menu to make it more 'kid' friendly how do I access them using the remote? Also is there an option for restart/rebooting the xbox?
2. Clicking on the weather tab only fetches up the change location option. Is it possible to make it more like the weather screen in PM3.HD with the option of adding the Weather Channel script?
3. Is the file manager tucked away somewhere as I cannot seem to find it?
4. I also use the xbox in file mode. If I select square thumbs which shows thumbnails of the relevant episode for some reason the poster is still showing, although you can only see the top half as it is behind the thumb. Is it just me that has that problem?
Thanks again for a sweet looking skin that given all the bells and whistle performs very well on my humble xbox.
- paul - 2009-05-19 20:49
yadster Wrote:Great looking skin, it really is the bees knees . I did a fresh install with the latest nightly build of xbmc but I have a few queries that I cannot seem to suss out.
1. bring up the context menu and settings / customise /assistant / now playing shutdown timer /restart and shutdown are all there.
2. No idea as i Have no use for it i stick my head out of the window to find out what the weather is like
3. There is no filemanager and i have not been able to make one work with it but djh may be able to help you further on that one if anybody knows how to find him
4. this should be fixed with my update/fix pack when i upload it (i am still working on it it will get uploaded either late tonight or early in the morning)
Glad you like the skin... and it's going to get a whole lot better.... Soon
Your Thoughts needed - paul - 2009-05-19 21:14
If any of you have seen the mod by leeuw he has made some of the panels in multiplex night view more transparent and it looks stunning in my oppinion so i have decided to go one better, to do the same for lite and night views. this i am going to do for my own use and I want your thoughts on this. i will be posting screenshots of my set up once i get it done. but in the meantime do you like the idea or not if you do i will go ahead and put it into Aeon_Auriga_lite_Revision_007.
Also the next fix pack/update pack will be availabe probably tommorow. so keep an eye on my first post as i will post it there with full contents an instruction when it is done.
But please do give your oppinions on the transparency of the textures so i can decide exactly what to do next?
- wannabegt4 - 2009-05-20 02:17
I know what you're talking about. I think it looks great and would be a much welcomed addition.
- mcborzu - 2009-05-20 03:44
I second the transparency thing....
Whats your take on the "Showcase View with integrated Multiplex images" this-->http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49771
I would prefer it more with the regular Showcase view in terms of covers with the title showcase floor mod like this....(excuse the quick photoshop mockup)
On his mod I dont like the spacing on the covers and how it zooms the focus cover by like 80%, I like how auriga just zooms by 10%. I'm trying to mess with it but all the .xml's are confusing.