Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- Firesign3394 - 2009-07-21

I am currently using Revision 6, ands 90 % of my movies aren't working. It just says playlist playback aborted. All my TV shows work fine. Here is the full thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55053

- paul - 2009-07-21

Firesign3394 Wrote:I am currently using Revision 6, ands 90 % of my movies aren't working. It just says playlist playback aborted. All my TV shows work fine. Here is the full thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55053
Yeh i read that post but i think theres more going on as i noticed in the log you had 43 memory leaks i have only ever seen that once before, and for the life in me i can't remember what caused it. but if you stick to .avi you should be ok try using divx pro encoder that's what i use and i had no problems playing them back on my 32" lcd tv running at 480 resolution, what size are your fanarts and posters?

- mcborzu - 2009-07-21

yea, my guess other than the fanart and poster size was the .mk4 container...If you have 20mb free you shouldn't have a problem with SD video and even 480 video.

- markiz - 2009-07-21

I've disabled all options in Settings/Customise/Advanced. I'm using the default backdrops. XBMC is "T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142" and Aeon_Auriga_lite_Revision7_Black.

When I start my Xbox the Homescreen has 27 MB available. When entering Movies I only have 9 MB available. I'm using View: Showcase, Layout: Flat, Sort: Name, Fanart: Off, Overlay: On, Theme: Night.

My movies wont play. They are all DVD-copies (.iso/.img) or regular xvid files in .res 624x352 .fps 23.976. Posters are about 200x285.

Is there anything I can do to improve my available memory?

- paul - 2009-07-21

markiz Wrote:I've disabled all options in Settings/Customise/Advanced. I'm using the default backdrops. XBMC is "T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142" and Aeon_Auriga_lite_Revision7_Black.

When I start my Xbox the Homescreen has 27 MB available. When entering Movies I only have 9 MB available. I'm using View: Showcase, Layout: Flat, Sort: Name, Fanart: Off, Overlay: On, Theme: Night.

My movies wont play. They are all DVD-copies (.iso/.img) or regular xvid files in .res 624x352 .fps 23.976. Posters are about 200x285.

well you have done all the right things but if your only getting 9mb in showcase then theres not much can be done as you really need at least 17mb roughly to have any chance of playing a movie, what's it like in multiplex as that was allway's better for memory and looks better, btw it has flow view in multiplex.
Sorry i cant' offer up any ideas. the skin has now definately out grown xbox it seems.
And i have tried allway's to reduce memory consumption , i even run all the textures through png gauntlet after carefully resizing all the large textures, even on my pc it uses 50mb of ram and uses 50% cpu time which is plain crazy no other skin comes close.
I love Auriga but hate it at the same time. end of rantSmile

- lipo - 2009-07-21

markiz Wrote:I've disabled all options in Settings/Customise/Advanced. I'm using the default backdrops. XBMC is "T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142" and Aeon_Auriga_lite_Revision7_Black.

im also having memory problem using xbmc tech rev 21142, its very slowSad

- paul - 2009-07-21

lipo Wrote:im also having memory problem using xbmc tech rev 21142, its very slowSad

How do you define Slow?Oo

- Firesign3394 - 2009-07-21

I can't switch to avi, because I have a huge collection of videos, and they are all iTunes compatible. I use the same videos for XBMC, AppleTv, iPhone and my iPod Classic. The majority of those don't support avi.

Thanks for your support.

- kruykaze - 2009-07-22

Firesign3394 Wrote:I can't switch to avi, because I have a huge collection of videos, and they are all iTunes compatible. I use the same videos for XBMC, AppleTv, iPhone and my iPod Classic. The majority of those don't support avi.

Thanks for your support.

Have you tried MK1? It's the only one that works for me .

- wannabegt4 - 2009-07-22

Anyone having playback issues should clear their cache and set their buffer settings to 1024kb or lower. Everything i have plays fine, DVD9 rips take a few seconds to start because of the high bitrate but everything else loads very quickly.

- paul - 2009-07-22

wannabegt4 Wrote:Anyone having playback issues should clear their cache and set their buffer settings to 1024kb or lower. Everything i have plays fine, DVD9 rips take a few seconds to start because of the high bitrate but everything else loads very quickly.
Thanks for the vote of confidence wannabegt4. it proves it can and does work as it did on my xbox before it commited suicide......

- Firesign3394 - 2009-07-22

kruykaze Wrote:Have you tried MK1? It's the only one that works for me .

What do you mean? Does it work with iPods?

- garvani - 2009-07-22

Paul: Will you be working on a xbox version of DJH's new skin "Alaska" when it is released? That looks awesome, and alot more xbox friendlier..

- kruykaze - 2009-07-23

Firesign3394 Wrote:I am currently using Revision 6, ands 90 % of my movies aren't working. It just says playlist playback aborted. All my TV shows work fine. Here is the full thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55053

sorry i was referring to this .revision 6 was not good form me it gave the samme result but with MK1 , I get a 95% success rate not 100 but still a hell of a lot better.

- paul - 2009-07-23

Firesign3394 Wrote:What do you mean? Does it work with iPods?
And theres your problem me thinks it will use masses amount of memory to up sample
all your videos from 320x240 to whatever your xbox uses. it's no wonder they won't play
and they will look like crap.
Have you tried playing a standard DVD if that play's then it's not the skin at fault, in my oppinion sorry for not picking up on this beforeSad

garvani Wrote:Paul: Will you be working on a xbox version of DJH's new skin "Alaska" when it is released? That looks awesome, and alot more xbox friendlier..
I will certainly consider it as working on these skins is they only way i can give something
back to the XBMC community.
But if that does happen and most likely willl then this project will have to go into stasis so to speak(i were going to do that at some point anyway)

kruykaze Wrote:sorry i was referring to this .revision 6 was not good form me it gave the samme result but with MK1 , I get a 95% success rate not 100 but still a hell of a lot better.

I am surprised Mk1 works better than rev6 for you as i thought that were better for memory. still if it works for you thats purfickSmile