Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library (/showthread.php?tid=48144)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- rausch101 - 2009-07-31

I've been using this app for a while now and I'm still getting a few problems.

1. This is happening every time I reconnect to my wifi:

rausch101 Wrote:1. When browsing by Artists or Genre's, they all come up as "Pearl Jam</record><record>" or "Radiohead</record><record>" or "Alternative Rock</record><record>" etc.

2. When browsing Albums (either directly through "Albums" or through "Artists" and then Albums), none of the cover art is showing up. However, when I browse by "Music Sources" and then go into the Artists, the art is showing up (I'm assuming it just grabs the image from folder.jpg)

Note that I am now using the MediaStream REDUX skin. Your quick fix still works, but I have to do it everytime.

2. I keep having a connection problem when I'm streaming over 3G...I'll add more later after I do some more troubleshooting.

EDIT: I deleted and reinstalled and my 3G connection problem seems fine for now. Still having the first problem and also the problem of my album art not caching correctly. I have to manually scroll down as the art loads only for those albums currently on the screen.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-07-31

We are actually adding a feature in the next version that issues that command automatically. It should clear up the issue. However, I must point out once again that is due to something wonky in the skins/mods. The thumb issue is not actually an issue. That is by design. If you have the toggle set to cache thumbs in the settings menu, we cache all the images once they have been loaded the first time. We have a failsafe built in for memory issues. If the device starts to have issues due to low memory, we dump all the cached thumbs. Try restarting the phone and see if that helps.

- rausch101 - 2009-07-31

Rand Al Thor Wrote:We are actually adding a feature in the next version that issues that command automatically. It should clear up the issue. However, I must point out once again that is due to something wonky in the skins/mods. The thumb issue is not actually an issue. That is by design. If you have the toggle set to cache thumbs in the settings menu, we cache all the images once they have been loaded the first time. We have a failsafe built in for memory issues. If the device starts to have issues due to low memory, we dump all the cached thumbs. Try restarting the phone and see if that helps.

Great news. Although I think there might be a potential issue once you do that. You obviously know better than me, but maybe this will help. Let me try to explain my situation again concerning the album art:

After all of my images have been loaded the first time and cached (I always leave the cache images option on), the images will hold for a a few restarts/wifi cycles/3G cycles. It's only when the other bug happens (<album> displaying in titles) that my art cache seems to get deleted. Just letting you know so that when you auto-issue the command, the album art won't have to be re-cached. Also, I'm on a jailbroken 3GS with my free memory always displayed - it never gets below 80MB.

Other than that, I'm loving the program. Great work and thanks again Rand.

EDIT: Forgot to ask - will switching to PMIII or PM3.HD solve my problems? I'll try it out.

EDIT 2: Looks like switching to PM3.HD solved my problems. Thanks again.

- rausch101 - 2009-08-04

I have a feature request, so I guess I'll post it here! Smile

Could you add a bookmark ability? I have Audiobooks in the forms of MP3 and it'd be great to be able to bookmark them on my iphone. I much prefer using XBMC than the iPod. Not sure how easy that would be...

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-08-04

That is already possible Wink All you have to do is go to the settings menu and choose add bookmark. Once you have created your bookmark, you can find it in the more section. If you choose "edit" in the more section you can even drag your custom bookmark to the nav bar on the bottom to make it easier to find.

Rand

- rausch101 - 2009-08-05

I'm talking about the other meaning of the word Bookmark.

In other words, I'd like to be able to set a mark at the time I take a break from listening to an audiobook. For example, if I listen to a book till the 1 hour mark and then do something else, I'd like to be able to load up XBMC Streamer, select the same book and then load the book at the 1 hour mark where I left off. Also it'd be nice to have multiple bookmarks so that I could load up at one point in a book and my girlfriend could load up at a different point.

Currently, I can't seem to get FFW to work reliably enough to navigate to the point where I let off (at least on 3G)

Sorry for the confusion, hope this clears it up.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-08-05

Ahh, ok. I see what you mean. We will definitely consider that for a future release.

Rand

- rausch101 - 2009-08-05

Thank you sir. Everything else works great.

- rausch101 - 2009-09-14

Back for more Oo

I've been having consistency problems when I move from my home wifi to 3G. I only seem to get a few uses out of the 3G connection before I have to bring my phone back to my wifi network, connect and then re-"Auto Setup". Definitely frustrating when I'm going on vacation.

Do you have any pointers? I've tried doing this manually, but apparently can't get it to work. Should there be any indication at all in the port forwarding ranges of the router after doing "Auto Setup"? I shouldn't need to change the XBMC port, right?

Thanks in advance for any help. I do a great job of marketing this app to my friends if it's of any consolation.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-09-14

rausch101 Wrote:Back for more Oo

I've been having consistency problems when I move from my home wifi to 3G. I only seem to get a few uses out of the 3G connection before I have to bring my phone back to my wifi network, connect and then re-"Auto Setup". Definitely frustrating when I'm going on vacation.

Do you have any pointers? I've tried doing this manually, but apparently can't get it to work. Should there be any indication at all in the port forwarding ranges of the router after doing "Auto Setup"? I shouldn't need to change the XBMC port, right?

Thanks in advance for any help. I do a great job of marketing this app to my friends if it's of any consolation.

What happens if you try connecting from a different wifi connection? Like at a coffee shop or something? The main issue with 3G is that connection speeds are not consistent and we currently have no way of lowering the bitrate to match. This causes MOST issues.

When you ask about changing the XBMC port, what are you referring to? Mostly like the port for at home will be different than the external port. That is how port forwarding works. The connection comes into your network on say Port 9999 and is forwarded to the local IP of XBMC at Port 8080 (or whatever port your webserver runs on). To manually set this up is not difficult, but it will require a bit of tinkering in the settings menu of your router. This website has guides for almost every router in existence. Hopefully this helps,

Rand

- steve1977 - 2009-09-20

The XBMC Remote got an update and now allows to hide artists that are on a compilation in the "artist view". Is this update also planned for the XBMC Streamer? Would be fantastic!!!

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-09-20

steve1977 Wrote:The XBMC Remote got an update and now allows to hide artists that are on a compilation in the "artist view". Is this update also planned for the XBMC Streamer? Would be fantastic!!!

Yep Wink

- hrotti - 2009-10-04

Rand Al Thor Wrote:hey rausch101,

I am going to take a wild stab here. Do you use Aeon as your skin? We have had several people report that issue with "</record>" being included in the name. It is an easy enough fix though.
Code:
http://10.1.1.8:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SetResponseFormat()

Try that but substitute your xbmc ip and port. We are not entirely sure what is causing it in recent builds, but it seems that a common thread is people running one of the many many modified versions of Aeon. Either way, we are now issuing that command on connection, so the next release should resolve the issue, even if it is still somewhat a mystery Wink

For the album art issue, have you tried toggle the settings for thumbs off and then restarting the app and re-enabling it? Another thing you might try is completely removing the app from the device and from iTunes and then reinstalling it. Unfortunately, bits and pieces of older builds have a nasty habit of lingering around and causing havoc. I install fresh with every update. It just makes life easier all around.

Cheers,
Rand

This sounds like a easy enough fix if I wasn't too dumb to know where to enter this info.....Blush

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-10-04

Haha, hey no worries Wink Just enter it into a webbrowser. The format should be:

Code:
http://HOSTIP:HOSTPORT/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SetResponseFormat()

Nice when there is a quick and simple fix Wink

- hrotti - 2009-10-05

thanks!Big Grin