• 1(current)
XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library
Thumbs Up 
Hey guys,

For the last few months, I have been working with Dave "narcan" at collect3 on a new Iphone application. Collect3 is the same company that made the XBMC Remote and the company contracted to make the Boxee Remote.

Our new application, The XBMC Streamer, connects to a running XBMC host and streams your music from your house, to you… anywhere in the world! It's nice because you never have to worry about running out of space on your Iphone. I know we have at least a few music fanatics here with insane music collections Wink Now you don't have to choose which albums "make the cut" because the XBMC Streamer gives you access to every song, artist, and album in your XBMC library. It even has support for shoutcast. It's almost like taking XBMC with you every time you leave the house.

If you would like to see a video of the app in action, head over to:
http://streamer.collect3.com.au/

Please let us know what you think. We are always interested in hearing from the XBMC community Big Grin

Cheers,

Rand
Very cool. Good job!

Any plans for movies next? Not sure if that would even be possible...

-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Any plans for movies next? Not sure if that would even be possible...

Wink
imo this is the future of portable entertainment.

Once 3G goes unlimited, FM will die.
Is this already approved? I'm not seeing it in the store, nor is the link to the store on the collect3 site working.

-stoli-
Yep, it is already available on Itunes. Sometimes it takes a while for it to filter into the system properly. It probably won't show up in a search for the first day or so. I know that link worked about an hour ago. I will look into it and see what the problem is.

Edit: We are working on it. There seem to be a few technical difficulties on Apple's end Wink Should be up again soon.
Ok, everything should be working again!
Nice work!

Regarding exposing XBMC's web (and other) services to the Internet, always keep network security in mind. XBMC's network services were primarily developed with LAN usage in mind, where threats are usually much lower.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

PPC version?
very nice
Thanks guys Wink

@Geeba
No PPC version. Collect3 is Iphones only.
Who wants a free copy of the new app? Whoever can post the worst pickup line (please nothing too offensive) in the next two hours gets a free copy of the XBMC Streamer! To start it off, here is quote from the master of wooing, the Velour Fog, Mr. Zap Brannigan!

Zapp:"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take off your pants and dance around a little?"

and my other favorite

Zapp: "... you're the only woman who ever loved me"
Leela: "I never loved you!"
Zapp: "I meant physically!"
"Hey baby, I'm naked under these clothes. Wanna see?"
Oh. Here's another one.

"My mother's got nothing on your hot body. Wanna grab a drink?"
Wow, you are pulling out all the stops! How about everybody add what platform you are using as well. Maybe we can give a couple prizes out!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library2