Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library (/showthread.php?tid=48144)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Rogue26 - 2010-06-20

What I ended up figuring out this afternoon was to change the permissions on my Revo for the web folder but it needs to be done loggin in with root access. After I did that I was able to change the permissions and all works great. Pretty nice app.

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2010-06-21

Figured it out guys, forgot how to read there for a bit, but I'm rockin out right now Big Grin

- rflores2323 - 2010-09-11

can this be ported to android? Would be nice as I am looking at an alternative to stream video and music from xbmc to my droidx. Thanks

Streamer app issue with xbmc RC2? - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2010-09-18

This nifty little app was working like a dream for quite a while following the steps listed in the posts above. However, I upgraded to rc2 of xbmc and I am now getting odd behavior with the app. I am getting the failed to play error on my touch and with some albums it kicks me out of the program all together. I have tried to un-install and reinstall the app to no avail. I am beginning to wonder if the app is broken at the moment, if memory serves they removed the web folder. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Just tried to access media with the collect3 remote and it kicked me out after about five seconds, looks like this behavior may be across the board. I just hope that I am not jumping to conclusions.

H

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2010-10-15

can anyone confirm that the streamer app is working with the latest builds?

- scottchicken - 2010-10-29

Before I buy this app... I noticed in the App Store description it mentioned it works from XBMC running from your computer. I use XBMC on xbox1 (the last official build). Can I use it with that (obviously if I leave the xbox on)?

Nope - hogfan - 2010-10-29

It is not currently functional with Dharma builds. They are waiting until the final release of Dharma to release an update. The issue is with the new webfolder location since the webintfaces are now addons. I understand why, but they do not support non-stable releases of XBMC. I will always run SVN as there are always great additions to XBMC in the works.

-hogfan

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2010-10-29

ok good to know I thought I was the only one this was not working for..I thought i was loosing my mind.

Got it working... - jeeedeee - 2010-10-31

Hey Guys,

I found it very frustrating, I would like to use and try out the new dharma release. But I also wanted to still use the remote player ability. Since I cannot change the code in the streamer app, I decided to code a (maybe ugly) hack in XBMC, and compile it myself again.

1. I first followed the instructions from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_compile_XBMC_for_Windows_from_source_code to set XBMC development up and running. I checkout out the latest code (r35068).

2. I the file XBMChttp.cpp modified the function
Code:
int CXbmcHttp::xbmcCommand(const CStdString &parameter)
{
  if (shuttingDown)
    return -1;
  int numParas, retVal=false;
  CStdString command, paras[MAX_PARAS];

numParas = splitParameter(parameter, command, paras, ";");
  //.. rest of the function not displayed here
into
Code:
int CXbmcHttp::xbmcCommand(const CStdString &parameter)
{
  if (shuttingDown)
    return -1;
  int numParas, retVal=false;
  CStdString command, paras[MAX_PARAS];

numParas = splitParameter(parameter, command, paras, ";");
  // Below part is new
  // Search in the paras array to determine old web directories and change these into new directory
  for(int i = 0;i<numParas;i++) {
     // only do it when the paras contains the special://xbmc/web/" folder, since I was used to do Java I was surprised to do == false, but == true does the opposite!
     if(paras[i].find("special://xbmc/web/") == false) {
        CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "Parameter before: %s", paras[i].c_str());
        paras[i].Replace("special://xbmc/web/", "special://xbmc/addons/webinterface.default/");
        CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "Parameter after replace: %s", paras[i].c_str());
     }
  }
  //.. rest of the function not displayed here

3. Compiled as release and copied the new xbmc.exe to my xbmc installation folder.

4. Enjoying now remote music with Dharma release and remote streamer. Big Grin Hope it don't affects any other things, but since the old web folder is deprecated, I don't think it will hit any trouble.

Hope it helps some of the other guys here. Greetings, JD

ps: if somebody finds a better way than looping through the array, I am interested... This was my first C++ code since long long long time Smile
ps2: after some testing found out that scrolling within numbers is not working with this fix

- lotus - 2010-11-02

hi ppl

i just installed the app and it setup great inc 3G, BUT when i try and turn the volume up or even breath on the iphone lol it boots me out, this also happens on the XBMC remote app aswell

any clues? and has anyone else found this, is it because im running a jailbroken iphone iso4 (on a 3gs)

- Gryph - 2010-11-20

I got it working another way, without hacking any of the files.

I posted this on the Collect3 forums:

Quote:I'm using Maverick x64 with SVN 35347

What I did was created a symbolic link, sorry guys but you'll need a little command line experience.

So (of course under sudo - and replace USER with your username):
ln -s /home/USER/.xbmc/addons/webinterface.awx/ /usr/share/xbmc/web
chmod -R USER:USER /usr/share/xbmc/web

and make sure the directory is writeable:
chmod -R 755 /usr/share/xbmc/web

For the default webinterface, you'll probably want to do:
ln -s /usr/share/xbmc/addons/webinterface.default /usr/share/xbmc/web

Under Windows 7, you'll probably need to do something similar, I don't have a Windows 7 machine to test with, I only use Mac(with an Win XP VM) and Ubuntu server

I'm a little rusty with the commands, but if you run the 'command prompt' as Administrator - Something like Start, Programs, Accessories -> Right click 'Run as Admin'

In the command prompt, type:
mklink /D path/to/destination/xbmc/web /path/to/source/xbmc/addons/webinterface

So, it's reversed to the Ubuntu version, location of WEB directory first, then location of ACTUAL webinterface directory.

- Tingalls - 2010-11-26

The workaround using a Symbolic Link works a treat.

I got my Streamer working again with Dharma RC1 running under Windows XP by creating a Symbolic Link from \Program Files\XBMC\Web to \Program Files\XBMC\addons\webinterface.default.

As XP does not natively support Symbolic links but NTFS does, had to use the help of Junction.

Thank you so much for the tip.
-T

- Gryph - 2010-11-26

No worries Tingalls ... Glad I could help out getting it running again.

It's a nice and easy temporary fix until the guys at Collect3 release a new version when Dharma becomes an official release.

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2010-12-19

is this app working again given the final release or do we still need to use the work around?

- Asgerlund - 2011-01-13

Yes I am quite sure the problem is still the same.
I have tried to work my way Around this Like described above but damn I just dont have the skills without it being more trasparrent what you guys dó. = please write what you do so your momma could do it ; ) - if any of you would bother.

I am running Windows 7 and xbmc is installed in my program files (x86) folder..
Ps. Have checkes All ip/password/username details, so I am quite sure the problem is the above mentioned....

Ps. Cant see a Web folder in my xbmc (program files (x86)\xbmc) folder. This is part of the problem or just a new feature of the new xbmc?

Thanks