Kodi Community Forum
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex (/showthread.php?tid=49559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- djh_ - 2009-04-29

marklight Wrote:will there be a poster.jpg for the season's fullscreen info as well?

I doubt it. You're talking potentially about a dozen extra images in your TV show folder, together with the extra thumbs in the movie folders. That's a lot of officially undocumented stuff. That and I'm not even sure it'd be reliably possible.

Quote:also, will there be a way in tv shows to make it so the fanart is different from the 16:9 image?

Unfortunately not. For the same reason that you can't have HD posters for TV shows in List view. XBMC simply doesn't let you pull the path info you need to find any extra images for TV shows, hence why Multiplex in TV entirely uses fanart and cached thumbs. Fullscreen info does, but that's no use here.

Quote:I'm wondering too if there'll be a way to have the INFO options (on, off, trigger, auto) set different for the main selection, season, and episode areas.

Again, I doubt it. It'd involve three times an already high number of backend settings dedicated to that one option. I see the use in it, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

- freezy - 2009-04-29

Still got the streched 16:9 version at the info screen. poster.jpg is at series root folder. did you already commit these changes?

- djh_ - 2009-04-29

Easy tiger. Not yet.

- freezy - 2009-04-29

Beg your pardon then Smile

- neurosis13 - 2009-04-29

some movies have 2 and more fanart.
Cant we take advantage of this for the multiplex view?
So it scrapes them automaticaly?
And when there is no fanart availabe then it could take random frames from the movie itself or a spot from the movie poster?
I want to have the situation where the black spots in multiplex are filled without the user having to put picture files in the movie folders themselves.
Rolleyes

- FernFerret - 2009-04-29

Quote:then it could take random frames from the movie itself or a spot from the movie poster
This is XBMC functionality, not the skin.

Quote:some movies have 2 and more fanart.
Cant we take advantage of this for the multiplex view?

--FF

- krypt2nite - 2009-04-29

I come back from a few week absence and come home to find this beautiful stuff. Once again Djh you have outdone yourself. Bravo. Looking forward to tinkering around with new stuff.

- djh_ - 2009-04-29

neurosis13 Wrote:I want to have the situation where the black spots in multiplex are filled without the user having to put picture files in the movie folders themselves.
Rolleyes

Join the club.

- midgetspy - 2009-04-29

This afternoon I made a quick script to use ffmpeg to generate thumbs from my movies automatically but I found that the majority of them ended up showing nothing interesting or relevant at all. I think leveraging extra fanart is the closest to an automated solution we can get (I've asked fekker about adding it to MIP already). There's definitely no way I'm going through all of my movies and manually picking thumbs from every one, hehe.

- FernFerret - 2009-04-29

I am slowly going through all of my movies and finding art online, such as the slideshow stuff from imdb, but i'd welcome a better solution Smile
--FF

- mindweaver - 2009-04-29

midgetspy Wrote:This afternoon I made a quick script to use ffmpeg to generate thumbs from my movies automatically but I found that the majority of them ended up showing nothing interesting or relevant at all. I think leveraging extra fanart is the closest to an automated solution we can get (I've asked fekker about adding it to MIP already). There's definitely no way I'm going through all of my movies and manually picking thumbs from every one, hehe.

XBMC generates thumbs from video files quite nicely. No script needed.

- Hitcher - 2009-04-29

midgetspy Wrote:This afternoon I made a quick script to use ffmpeg to generate thumbs from my movies automatically but I found that the majority of them ended up showing nothing interesting or relevant at all. I think leveraging extra fanart is the closest to an automated solution we can get (I've asked fekker about adding it to MIP already). There's definitely no way I'm going through all of my movies and manually picking thumbs from every one, hehe.

I think you need to somehow get it to look for keyframes as they are apparently the ones that have more going on.

Are you sure XBMC supports caching extra fanart yet?
And even if it did fanart doesn't get resized so it could put more strain on things.

I have requested support for more cached thumbs in XBMC as I see this as the only real, longterm solution.

[REQUEST] Multiple Thumbnail support (grab from TheTVDB, and/or generate screendumps)

Please add your opinions and support.

Episode no on thumbs now looks great!

And poster.jpg works like a charm. Nice to have them in higher res aswell! (Would be nice to be able to use this on showcase fullscreen info aswell.

Thank you Smile

- CoolBreeze - 2009-04-29

I changed a few things on the tv view that seems to be easier on the eyes and is less redundant.

Before:

After:

CoolBreeze Wrote:I changed a few things on the tv view that seems to be easier on the eyes and is less redundant.

Before:

After:

Yeah that is MUCH better. I hope djh adds it Smile

What did you change?

EDIT: Episode and season number should still be in the topic, but I like "EPISODE X" in the overlay much better han "S.E"