Kodi Community Forum
"ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused' - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: "ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused' (/showthread.php?tid=51705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- reaven - 2009-06-11

Quote:I figured I should contribute since I am using this very cool mod. Its not professional but it looked pretty good when I tested it..

dont worry neither do I, it turns out nice !

Its cool that so many people is using it that way it could be implemented in thetvdb.com and in XBMC.

keep the good work.

Catalog

gallery updated.

- masterosok - 2009-06-11

Quick questions... It says the files names need to be the same as the TV show... Are you referring to what XBMC shows the name of the show to be, the folder name of the show or what the nfo file has? The reason I as is because I cant seem to get one of the files to work. I think its because XBMX is putting a : in the title name of the show, but I am not certian.

- DuMbGuM - 2009-06-11

Yeah I explained that a few pages back I think, you need to press C when viewing your shows in XBMC on the one with the ' : ' in the title, and select "edit title".. Change it to a ' - ' or something and save. Do the same with your ClearArt .png.

- reaven - 2009-06-11

masterosok Wrote:Quick questions... It says the files names need to be the same as the TV show... Are you referring to what XBMC shows the name of the show to be, the folder name of the show or what the nfo file has? The reason I as is because I cant seem to get one of the files to work. I think its because XBMX is putting a : in the title name of the show, but I am not certian.

The way we are pulling the clearArt is like this
Code:
path to clearArt/$INFO[VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle].jpg
if the clearArt filename is not the same as the TVShowTitle it wont showup.

and rememeber that the name is not case sensetive (CAPS) only context sensetive (Dexter is the same as dexter or DeXtEr but not d_exter or dexte-r)

- reaven - 2009-06-11

- hikaricore - 2009-06-11

reaven Wrote:and rememeber that the name is not case sensetive (CAPS) only context sensetive (Dexter is the same as dexter or DeXtEr but not d_exter or dexte-r)

On Windows this may be the case as your filesystem is case insensitive, however on Linux and possibly
MacOS where the filesystem is case sensitive, dexter.png Dexter.png and DeXtEr.png are not the same.
The filename will need to be Dexter.png or it will NOT work.

- reaven - 2009-06-11

Quote:On Windows this may be the case as your filesystem is case insensitive, however on Linux and possibly
MacOS where the filesystem is case sensitive, dexter.png Dexter.png and DeXtEr.png are not the same.
The filename will need to be Dexter.png or it will NOT work.
I have XBMC in a Mac and in Windows both test it, both works !!
and another person in other mod told me that on the xbox works too.
I have linux but I didn't test on it .

I'm just saying it's dependent on the file system.
Macs can use filesystems other than zfs or whatever they're using now.

If you're using a case sensitive filesystem the file name will need to be as I described.

- reaven - 2009-06-11

Quote:Macs can use filesystems other than zfs or whatever they're using now.
Macs filesystem is HFS or HFS+ .

well I dont know then, I just try it in my macbook pro Intel leopard and in a windows vista pro and works fine.

I can say a lot of things and speculate like maybe it doesnt have anything to do with the filesystem and just xbmc is not case sensitive and just look for the filename regardless the case, but that would be me speculating because I really dont know.

My point still stands, if a user is using a case sensitive file system such as ext2/3/4 and possibly reiserfs they will need to name their images properly.
I'm not trying to argue with you about what macs use, but since they are bsd/unix based I just assumed it was possible they might also be included. :p

- reaven - 2009-06-11

Quote:I'm not trying to argue with you
we are cool, at the end if someone find a problem post it. Cool

- DuMbGuM - 2009-06-11

Problems I could see people making are use of semi-colon, misspelling, clearArt folder in wrong place, missing .png's, no capitalization as mentioned before or more bizarre ones like corrupt images.

I see a lot of series with colons : but I've yet to see one with a semi-colon ;
Colons aren't an issue in filenames.

- DuMbGuM - 2009-06-11

Sorry my mistake I meant colons, they are an Issue on Windows, I rarely use my osx system so just replaced it with a dash for Windows. I don't think theres any show with a semi-colon in the title :p

So we either need a way of stripping titles of punctuation or perhaps having a clearart.png file in the show's folder if possible?
This would solve most all issues from what I can see.