• 1(current)
"ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused'
Information 
I have come up with an entirely new type of artwork concept for XBMC skins, I will name this new artwork concept "ClearArt", to use on for example my AEON MOD when you paused, or request info on the currently playing TV Show and you get up the OSD (On Screen Display).

NEW update: PM3 skin support

Toggle Setting
Toggle "ON" clearArt
Toggle "OFF" showArt(regular tvshow thumbs)
INFO Display works on movies also

Help is wanted to make more of these ClearArt images for people to download (and to mod other skins to also support ClearArt)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* UPDATE! All files updated and working, also added a new toggle setting to enable this MOD on or my other one (toggle "ON" for ClearArt, or toggle "OFF" for normal posters.

*These are all real working screenshots from my AEON MOD, and not mockups.

NOTE!
This is currently for the DialogSeekBar.xml to see the info when I pause a movie, you can add it to the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml to access it via " i " or info.(see the mod page).

ClearArt requirements:
  • 500 width by 280 height in pixels
  • Prefer full body pictures (refer to samples, no 'amputations')
  • Full transparency, no background (.png)
  • Horizontal orientation
  • AGAIN, please refer to the samples

Update xml's to include toggle and make it work

Downloads for Aeon support:
ClearArt Gallery(individually): here
NEW FIX DialogSeekBar.xml: here (Create a new folder under (Aeon\media\) and name it < clearart > drop all your ClearArt there).
Customization.xml: here (To make the toggle works when off, create another folder under Aeon\media\) and name it < showart > drop all your regular show thumbs "Fanart with titles" there like this ones)
clearArt Pack (all clearArts): HERE

**** Readme****
Quote:*All ClearArt images filename should match the TV Show name, the same for showArt.
*If the show title include some illegal character you would have to manually edit the show title in the .nfo to remove them.(this depend on your system illegal filename characters)
*Rememeber that the ClearArt or showArt filename is not case sensitive (CAPS) only context sensitive on some systems, I have test this on Mac and Windows and it is like this not sure about Linux.(Dexter is the same as dexter or DeXtEr but NOT the same as d_exter or dexte-r).
*Best bet match the exact Show Title and remove any illegal character if have any.

Downloads for PM3 support:
PM3 skin Support here

For the most recent showThumbs(regularArt) and/or clearArt go HERE
I think a watermark would be more classy, and better suited to the skin... but that's just me.
I like the idea
Pretty cool idea, might be a bit of extra work to get all of your shows looking like this. Perhaps just the logo? Cutting round characters and other elements would be a little time consuming?

edit: then you could place a network / studio logo on the other side to balance it out.
We could start contributing with different art for different shows I am already making one for It Crowd, but yeah is a pain in the @#ss making them. but look great
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
That's an amazing idea !
one of the best I've seen for a while !
I would definitively help you with that
Quote:That's an amazing idea !
one of the best I've seen for a while !
I would definitively help you with that

Thanks. the most really difficult part is find good images to use !

In the making:

Family Guy
House
The It Crowd
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:We could start contributing with different art for different shows I am already making one for It Crowd, but yeah is a pain in the @#ss making them. but look great

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49761

Care to upload there?
What are the size and conditions of the image files ?
d0m3 Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49761

Care to upload there?

Those aren't really the same thing as this, probably best to keep it in it's own thread instead of flooding the wide poster thread.
Am I correct in thinking these replace any fanart images you previously had?
That's very interesting stuff
Quote:Those aren't really the same thing as this, probably best to keep it in it's own thread instead of flooding the wide poster thread.

yeah its not the same, keep it here.
Quote:Am I correct in thinking these replace any fanart images you previously had?
it not replace the fanart as in the background image, just the image use for that mod, I call it fanart because usually before this I use the fanart that include the name in the art like the ones in my mod.

Quote:What are the size and conditions of the image files ?

no less that 300x200, before this I use the fanart and that was 1280x720 that doesnt matter because the code resize it to 300, I usually edit them in 500 x 500 and trim them when finish, then save them as .png(this is important because of the transparency)

*As for editing them I was thinking in clean them more, but because of the size those little details cant be seen. the only detail seen is the white border around some of the images, and the poster glass overlay that I need to remove.

(the band of brothers was a hell to clean)

later on I will edit the first post to include the links of all the images I have so far and the DialogSeekBar.xml along with it.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
if you have any new clearArt post it so I can add it to the gallery.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Hello, take this on e and resize it as you wish
If it's ok like this, I'll do some others
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused'5