[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Transparency! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)
- ronie - 2009-06-26 19:05
dynamix Wrote:Well, everything works very smooth on my xbox. Love the spinning cd art!
depends on your definition of 'wrong' ;-)
i always thought the default way xbmc uses is wrong, so i switched the two colums.
i find it easier to read when the list is in Artist - Album format, especially when you sort the list by Artist.
but i'll change it back to default and make a special option for it, so i don't have to bother anyone with my personal preferences. :-)
dynamix Wrote:2) when selecting the path for the trailers script, it asks for a folder instead of a script file. Also the window says "select image folder". (Menu button does work though).
the skin will add 'default.py' to the path you enter, so that's why it works.
but i agree i should let the user pick a file instead. also i'll move this option to the scripts section in skin settings.
the window title is handled by xbmc, i'm not sure if there's a way to change this in the skin.
- ronie - 2009-06-26 19:09
jarod71 Wrote:keep up the great work Ronnie! I am seriously considering making this my main skin. I have yet to try on latest xbox svn. How well does it run on xbox in regards to memory management? Looking great and I willtry to find time to test it out this weekend!
as far as i know, from all the comments in this thread, it runs pretty smooth on the xbox.
there's also a version available with resized background images, if you want to save some extra memory:
- nicoli_k - 2009-06-26 19:17
I'm running Transparency! v0.27 from the link in the first post on my Xbox at 480p and have between 28-30MB free even while using XBMC to download large files.
- aaronjb - 2009-06-26 20:03
I'm a bit late to the party but I downloaded 0.27 last night - it fixed my BluRay logo issues perfectly
As they say in the McDonalds adverts over here - I'm lovin' it..
- dynamix - 2009-06-26 20:11
ronie Wrote:depends on your definition of 'wrong' ;-)
If i'm on my own on this one, don't bother making it optional. Maybe you can tell me how to fix it myself?
nicoli_k Wrote:I'm running Transparency! v0.27 from the link in the first post on my Xbox at 480p and have between 28-30MB free even while using XBMC to download large files.
For the record: I'm running it on my xbox in 720p with 1280x720 sized backdrops and having no memory issues at all. Last night i was listening to some music with the Vortex visual turned on... still being able to launch the Apple Movies Trailer script and browse the trailers
- ronie - 2009-06-26 20:32
dynamix Wrote:If i'm on my own on this one, don't bother making it optional. Maybe you can tell me how to fix it myself?
i like options! the more the better.
here's a quick fix for you, replace ViewsFileMode.xml in the 720p folder with this one: ViewsFileMode.xml
- m.savazzi - 2009-06-26 20:38
ronie Wrote:i'm not using ember, but mip. but settings should be similar:
ronie... give it a trie is much faster than MIP... anyway....
when you write movie you mean the movie title (<movie>) or really the string movie?
for the trailes are they used by the skin? or are just additional files in a subfolder ?
- dynamix - 2009-06-26 20:41
ronie Wrote:i like options! the more the better.
Working excellent, thanks for the quick service!
My 0.27 bugbears - Justcop - 2009-06-26 20:46
So after I finally got it working I had a little play with 0.27. This si just a list of the little things that I didn't like about it. Some of these may come down to preference, perhaps ronie you could include more options to change them.
1. I'm finding with all the main menu options enabled it all gets a bit cluttered. I'm trying to think from the perspective of my wife who isn't technologically aware. Although she uses some plugins and some scripts the difference to her is not apparent. This makes the favourites button very useful. I would love to have this in the main menu and then I could remove video plugins and the scripts button. It would also be useful if I could rename this button to say 'extras'. I perfer how this is managed in the PM3 operation mod where the favourites and settings button has been swapped. An average user doesn't need to see the settings as one of they're top options but favourites is probably more important.
2. I love the new way that the videos button becomes a file browser button but it only works for movies. Why not change this to a generic 'Browse' button which can access all my movies and music even if not in the library.
3. One of your new features is having genre buttons but with the button on the home page taking me straight to the movies I don't get to use this feature. In the operation PM3 mod they have added a button on the left menu to access movies, sorted be genre, from within the movies dialouge.
4. I do not like how the play button shows all the time on the bottom right of the home screen, my machine doesn't even have a cd drive so this is just clutter.
5. Why do the play, favourites and standby buttons not light up like in PM3, it's pretty difficult to see that they're highlighted.
6. I realise that you have added the tick boxes next to every movie on user request, personally I would like this for TV episodes but not for movies, For TV episodes you can only see it for the show you've selected but on movies it appears for everything all at once and I find it very obtrusive. Perhaps an option to move it down into the media flags area.
7. When the home menu is put into horizontal mode there is no longer any need for the green spot next to each button name. I find this rather ugly.
8. When highlighting any normal menu mode thee background screen changes accordingly however when highlighting favourites, the background only changes when you have clicked on it. This looks odd in my opinion.
Other than all that, well done ronie, your doing a fantastic job and I really appreciate your work.
Just some of my thoughts, hope some other people agree, probably most of these come down to personal opinion and how you use the machine.
- ronie - 2009-06-26 20:58
mfsav2 Wrote:ronie... give it a trie is much faster than MIP... anyway....
lol, yes i should, but i've been to busy with Transparency! to even worry about my own movie collection.
mfsav2 Wrote:when you write movie you mean the movie title (<movie>) or really the string movie?
mfsav2 Wrote:for the trailes are they used by the skin? or are just additional files in a subfolder ?
it's not really a skin question...trailers are supported by xbmc and can be viewed with every skin if you download them. or maybe i'm misunderstanding your question?