Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- andyblac - 2009-08-14

patkhoo Wrote:PS. Trivia: In terms of disk space usage, Hitched is the largest skin, followed very closely by Showmix, then finally the lightweight - Auriga Smile

take a look at the code, mine has gotten to big for XBMC to handle. my multiplex file alone has over 11,000 line of code, now i'm starting get errors LOL

- soder - 2009-08-14

andyblac Wrote:OK Guys,

sorry for the lack of update lately, but i have been trying to find the problem with the settings menus issue. (if you go into customise --> advanced, then go back into MOVIES or TVSHOWS some (most of) times the thumbs are gone.)

i have FINALLY found the problem, my skin has got to dam big for XBMC to handle. so we have 2 options either cope with the fact if you go into the system menus, you will HAVE to restart XBMC, or i remove all the CF2009 home mod, and before you ask then there must be a another problem, there is not believe me, i have tried every thing. i even when back to the original AURIGA skin added the cf2009 home mode (which worked) then JUST added my MULTIPLEX part of the skin (no list or ANYTHING else) and got the errors.

i then started to remove stuff out the multiplex file and things slowing started to come back error free. so there nothing i can do, uless the XBMC team can fix the issue, i have start a thread here for you to keep an eye on the progress (if XBMC team decide to help me).

i suggest to just REMOVE the cf2009 home mod.

but i want your opinions.

Long quote, short question:

What is the "cf2009 home mod" ? Is that the "widget" thing?

/Söder

- CF2009 - 2009-08-14

sorry for the lack of update lately, but i have been trying to find the problem with the settings menus issue. (if you go into customise --> advanced, then go back into MOVIES or TVSHOWS some (most of) times the thumbs are gone.)

i have FINALLY found the problem, my skin has got to dam big for XBMC to handle. so we have 2 options either cope with the fact if you go into the system menus, you will HAVE to restart XBMC, or i remove all the CF2009 home mod, and before you ask then there must be a another problem, there is not believe me, i have tried every thing. i even when back to the original AURIGA skin added the cf2009 home mode (which worked) then JUST added my MULTIPLEX part of the skin (no list or ANYTHING else) and got the errors.

i then started to remove stuff out the multiplex file and things slowing started to come back error free. so there nothing i can do, uless the XBMC team can fix the issue, i have start a thread here for you to keep an eye on the progress (if XBMC team decide to help me).

BooooRofl

have you looked at moving all your includes that are only called onec to the files were they are called from as that would help with the load time and i would think with all the bugs you are getting....

- andyblac - 2009-08-14

CF2009 Wrote:BooooRofl

have you looked at moving all your includes that are only called onec to the files were they are called from as that would help with the load time and i would think with all the bugs you are getting....

i you mean have loads of include files. i have tried moving just the window stuff to one file and put that in the includes.xml file but it did nothing. Sad

EDIT: can't see how that would help, as i stated i have tried only putting multiplex.xml file and your mod files into a virgin auriga and still gets errors

- CF2009 - 2009-08-14

in MediaStream_Redux_0.9.5 there is over 30,000 lines of code

- eumel - 2009-08-14

CF2009 Wrote:in MediaStream_Redux_0.9.5 there is over 30,000 lines of code
perhaps it is simply too much unvisible, I think it makes a difference whether something is not included by condition or invisible by the visible tag

- CF2009 - 2009-08-14

andyblac Wrote:i you mean have loads of include files. i have tried moving just the window stuff to one file and put that in the includes.xml file but it did nothing. Sad

EDIT: can't see how that would help, as i stated i have tried only putting multiplex.xml file and your mod files into a virgin auriga and still gets errors

no things like the main home menu is a include but you can just have the code in home.xml, there are lots of others you can move to like all of the ones for setting & views...

by moving the code to the right files it will make loading pages/screen a bit faster and xbmc will not need to see/load/read all of the include...

as of right now all the includes are loaded up on each page/screen and that is a lot of info being loaded and lot of it is not need for any more then one page/screen in the skin so there is no need to have them in a includes when you can just have them in the .xlm file they are needed for...

- CF2009 - 2009-08-14

Looking at your code on github you have over 50,000 lines of code lol

and over 11,000 just in Multiplex
Quote:Parameter - Value
===================
File Name Viewtype_Multiplex.xml
Lines 11,192
Comments 360
Tags 8,910

- logictester - 2009-08-14

is it possible to take the widgets out but leave the option to configure your own menu / sub-menus? i somply can't let go the custom menus once i've got them Smile was waiting for a long time to have something like that in Aeon.
that's my opinion.

- azido - 2009-08-14

CF2009 Wrote:no things like the main home menu is a include but you can just have the code in home.xml, there are lots of others you can move to like all of the ones for setting & views...

by moving the code to the right files it will make loading pages/screen a bit faster and xbmc will not need to see/load/read all of the include...

as of right now all the includes are loaded up on each page/screen and that is a lot of info being loaded and lot of it is not need for any more then one page/screen in the skin so there is no need to have them in a includes when you can just have them in the .xlm file they are needed for...

you mean like xbmc is loading every include_xyz.xml that's in 720p on every page load and not just the one referring to?
that sounds like a really good solution to me then.

thing is: will this make andy's viewtypes_multiplex.xml working with your mod? i don't like to miss the feature of self adding stuff to main menu and sub menus either.

- CF2009 - 2009-08-14

azido Wrote:you mean like xbmc is loading every include_xyz.xml that's in 720p on every page load and not just the one referring to?
that sounds like a really good solution to me then.
xbmc has to load/read them all as it does not know were to look for the includes

azido Wrote:thing is: will this make andy's viewtypes_multiplex.xml working with your mod? i don't like to miss the feature of self adding stuff to main menu and sub menus either.
i do not know but it will make loading a bit fasterSmile

- azido - 2009-08-14

CF2009 Wrote:xbmc has to load/read them all as it does not know were to look for the includes

so basically it reads Includes.xml and loads everything that is in there. got it.

CF2009 Wrote:i do not know but it will make loading a bit fasterSmile

i guess the biggest trouble andy has is down to extras.py (or to say his abbreviation of it). recently_added.py should work fine (as it does on other skins)

umh. i'm no real skinner, but i'll just loaded a bunch of coffee, something to eat, fired up the xbmc online manual, positioned my wife in front of the 2nd tv and will now try to do as you said.

- CF2009 - 2009-08-14

andyblac Wrote:i have double checked this is the case by going back to the original Auriga skin. the adding CF2009 home mode or Hitchers widget mod which both work. then i replace the original Multiplex file with mine, and boom errors are back (missing thumbs after i go into menus), comment out code for the window pops and some other code the does not have to do with the thumbs etc, and errors are gone.
andy is saying here that he is getting the bug with my mod and Hitchers widget mod what is using recently_added.py

one other thing to note is i do not get this bug with Hitcher skin mod and my mod and his mod has about 5k more lines of code, but his multiplex.xml only has 1.8k of lines..

you could have a go at splitting your multiplex.xml up ie. TV_multiplex.xml, Movies_multiplex.xml & Music_multiplex.xml then you would know if it was just the file size or not...

- andyblac - 2009-08-14

does anyone know hoe to use the YESNO dialog ?

- andyblac - 2009-08-14

CF2009 Wrote:andy is saying here that he is getting the bug with my mod and Hitchers widget mod what is using recently_added.py

one other thing to note is i do not get this bug with Hitcher skin mod and my mod and his mod has about 5k more lines of code, but his multiplex.xml only has 1.8k on lines..

you could have a go at splitting your multiplex.xml up ie. TV_multiplex.xml, Movies_multiplex.xml & Music_multiplex.xml then you would know if it was just the file size or not...

yes i have tried that and it does help, but i could only get down about 3000 lines and it stopped thumb from disappearing, but only if i cut your config screen down to 5 favourites instead of 20. then i had NO errors