Kodi Community Forum
xbmcstuff.com - a new FanArt website for TV Show/Seasons Thumbs, clearART, and cdART - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: xbmcstuff.com - a new FanArt website for TV Show/Seasons Thumbs, clearART, and cdART (/showthread.php?tid=54982)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- ppic - 2009-09-07

xbmcstuff downloader plugin available:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57548

- Imaginos - 2009-09-07

all right !
gonna give it a try asap !

- Imaginos - 2009-09-08

cdART online Big Grin

- joebrady - 2009-09-08

WooHoo!NodCoolWink

- reaven - 2009-09-08

nice... cdArt online, few notes

..why 450 x 450, can you define a range so it could be upload up to 500x500 but no less than 450x450 (all my cdArts are 500x500) almost all cdArts post in the thread are this size and bigger but 500 is a good resolution, at least for me I display that in a 101" screen. or define another category high resolution
..the cdArt filename when you download from the page dont follow the naming convention either.

it would be easier to upload them with the correct filename, so.. you know just put them in the correct folder and viola !! or if an script can do this automatically put the band/artist name - and the album name (it would be just pass the variables so it could form the name, right ?)

..it would be also cool a section with default/fallback images like different default/fallback cdArts

*I upload a cdArt and it display another name in the designer. (queen greatest hits vol I (1995) )
*admin section dont have cdArt

- Imaginos - 2009-09-09

reaven Wrote:nice... cdArt online, few notes

..why 450 x 450, can you define a range so it could be upload up to 500x500 but no less than 450x450 (all my cdArts are 500x500) almost all cdArts post in the thread are this size and bigger but 500 is a good resolution, at least for me I display that in a 101" screen. or define another category high resolution
..the cdArt filename when you download from the page dont follow the naming convention either.

it would be easier to upload them with the correct filename, so.. you know just put them in the correct folder and viola !! or if an script can do this automatically put the band/artist name - and the album name (it would be just pass the variables so it could form the name, right ?)

..it would be also cool a section with default/fallback images like different default/fallback cdArts

*I upload a cdArt and it display another name in the designer. (queen greatest hits vol I (1995) )
*admin section dont have cdArt
wohooo, so much to say !
For the size of the files, i'm not sure... Because there is a significant weight difference when you enhance the resolution, and i'm concerned about the brandwith, i'm already near the 700M/day, I wonder if scrapping is not too early as i may be a big consumer, i notice a very significant peak since the scrapper is online...

About the name of the files....
a long debate i've had with myself !
i can't use the original name of the file. At the begining, it would be ok, but soon somebody would want to upload a file with a name already used...
Creating a renamed file to send is possible, but i'm afraid with results after the names have been passed on and off filters used to insure it is well stored in the db (i speak about the management of special caracters of course).
It could generate some name impossible to use for a physical file

I can be done, but I had to choose between waiting more longer or let users begin the show and enhance the system after...
not an easy choice to make.
that's also the reason why the admin still doesn't handle this, but soon...

The wrong id issue has been corrected, it will now record the right ids and i've corrected the bad recorded ids.

- joebrady - 2009-09-09

I also had a question. You requested that the file name of the uploaded cdART be "Artist-Album" , will "Artist - Album" cause problems?

I know it accepted this for a few I did by accident and forgot to remove the spaces from the file name.

Oh, and the PM I sent you about Nine Inch Nails... it now shows up under "N", but also under "0"

When referring to the scraper, do you mean the XBMCstuff downloader plugin?

- Imaginos - 2009-09-09

joebrady Wrote:Oh, and the PM I sent you about Nine Inch Nails... it now shows up under "N", but also under "0"

When referring to the scraper, do you mean the XBMCstuff downloader plugin?

yes it's both at N and 0, that's what I told you, so what ?
After all, Nine is also a number, so it's normal to find it in the numbers list, don't you agree ?

yes I speak about it, but i'm not sure

- ppic - 2009-09-09

http://www.xbmcstuff.com/?x=1&id=340

I thougth that a collection can't have more than 1 tvthumb, or 1 clearart, one season 1 one season 2.

this kind of things won't works with my plugin .

- Imaginos - 2009-09-09

yes you're right, thx

I should write something to avoid this

- joebrady - 2009-09-09

Imaginos Wrote:yes it's both at N and 0, that's what I told you, so what ?
After all, Nine is also a number, so it's normal to find it in the numbers list, don't you agree ?

I don't think you did tell me, at least not that I saw. Not that it matters to me, I was just letting you know in case it was an oversight.

And since you asked, no, I don't agree. 9 is a number. Nine is a word. I would think bands like "10,000 Maniacs" "311" or "38 Special" would be in the # list.
But that's your call.Cool

- ppic - 2009-09-09

Imaginos Wrote:yes you're right, thx

I should write something to avoid this

thank i've been afraid when i saw that :p

- ppic - 2009-09-10

http://www.xbmcstuff.com/?x=11&id=80
sorry but i made my mistake and select the wrong picture...twice...

- Imaginos - 2009-09-10

joebrady Wrote:I don't think you did tell me, at least not that I saw. Not that it matters to me, I was just letting you know in case it was an oversight.

And since you asked, no, I don't agree. 9 is a number. Nine is a word. I would think bands like "10,000 Maniacs" "311" or "38 Special" would be in the # list.
But that's your call.Cool

I've deleted my send mails, b ut i'm sure i did tell you :d
Well it's a point of view, but for me when you SAY "nine", it's not written, it's just told and at this moment, you don't ask if it's a number or a word, you just ear a numeric value.
For me, Nine is a word, of course, but it also carries a numeric value in its intrinsic meaning.

ppic, it's ok

- maocul - 2009-09-10

I'm probably missing something obvious but is there a way to give credit? I've only uploaded my own creations so far but have a few from other contributers. I'm happy to leave them and wait for the originator to upload as they are already in my library, just trying to give a little back!