Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Steverae - 2013-02-22

Hi Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Realised i had an older version of this theme, thanks for the heads up, however, if you remove the music videos option from main screen the menu (in horizontal mode) still gets messed up, so i put it back on and all is well again.

Also is their any chance you could add an apple logo to the bottom right corner of the home screen background just like in atv 4.4.4 - thanks, or even send me an updated background image with this on so i can update my version of this skin.

Let me know

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 12:02)Steverae Wrote: Hi Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Realised i had an older version of this theme, thanks for the heads up, however, if you remove the music videos option from main screen the menu (in horizontal mode) still gets messed up, so i put it back on and all is well again.

Also is their any chance you could add an apple logo to the bottom right corner of the home screen background just like in atv 4.4.4 - thanks, or even send me an updated background image with this on so i can update my version of this skin.

Let me know
Steverae,

Can't remember if you where on Eden or Frodo. If Eden, you are stuck with the problem (sort of). If the menu is messed up you can change to another skin and then back to xTV-SAF and problem will be gone. The issue only really occurs when you change the number of home menu headings. Problem definitely fixed on Frodo build. On Frodo if you are using a reasonably new dev build of the skin, and you see the problem, you just need to go to the system menu and back again to fix the problem. As to why Frodo build is not in the official repo yet, just have a couple of very small issues to sort out (mainly with the new translation service) and then I should be able to make a pull request to the repo guardians.

On your request for an apple logo, sorry I'm not prepared to add that to the skin. Don't want a visit from the "Men in Black Skivvies"tm. If you want this you will need to get hold of a logo graphic and copy it to the skins media directory. Then you will need to add something like this to the Includes_HorzHome.xml file in the 720p directory
PHP Code:
                <control type="image">
                    <
description>Dodgy logo</description>
                    <
posx>1150</posx>
                    <
posy>590</posy>
                    <
width>100</width>
                    <
height>100</height>
                    <
texture background="true">dodgyimagefile.png</texture>
                </
control

I could say good luck, but I keep hearing "rounded rectangle" and then I find I'm breaking out in a cold sweat Rofl
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - moneymaker - 2013-02-23

Can't find the skin for frodo in the repo. any chance for a d link? thx

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-23, 01:21)moneymaker Wrote: Can't find the skin for frodo in the repo. any chance for a d link? thx
moneymaker,

not available for Frodo in main repo as yet, althought I am currently in the process for making a formal pull request to have it included. Either you can wait about a week for the skin to be accepted into the Frodo repo, or you can check out the first post of this thread for details of getting a development build of the skin from the Passion repo.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-23, 04:05)Albe22rta Wrote: I would like an option to have my tvshow in library modeImage
Albe22rta,

You need to tell xbmc where your TV Shows are located and then set the "source" type to TVShow. You then scan the TV Show source into your library. This is not really a skin specific question (it's a basic XBMC setup issue), I would recommend that you checkout the XBMC wiki and read up on setting sources up.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Steverae - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-22, 17:07)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 12:02)Steverae Wrote: Hi Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Let me know
Steverae,

Can't remember if you where on Eden or Frodo. If Eden, you are stuck with the problem (sort of). If the menu is messed up you can change to another skin and then back to xTV-SAF and problem will be gone. The issue only really occurs when you change the number of home menu headings. Problem definitely fixed on Frodo build. On Frodo if you are using a reasonably new dev build of the skin, and you see the problem, you just need to go to the system menu and back again to fix the problem. As to why Frodo build is not in the official repo yet, just have a couple of very small issues to sort out (mainly with the new translation service) and then I should be able to make a pull request to the repo guardians.

On your request for an apple logo, sorry I'm not prepared to add that to the skin. Don't want a visit from the "Men in Black Skivvies"tm. If you want this you will need to get hold of a logo graphic and copy it to the skins media directory. Then you will need to add something like this to the Includes_HorzHome.xml file in the 720p directory
PHP Code:
                <control type="image">
                    <
description>Dodgy logo</description>
                    <
posx>1150</posx>
                    <
posy>590</posy>
                    <
width>100</width>
                    <
height>100</height>
                    <
texture background="true">dodgyimagefile.png</texture>
                </
control

I could say good luck, but I keep hearing "rounded rectangle" and then I find I'm breaking out in a cold sweat Rofl
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

THANKS BUDDY !!

I'll let you know how I get on - I've already ripped the actual graphics from the ATF so should get a good clone skin going.

I've got the latest version 1.3.0 from passion but on the menus still go all screwy if you remove any of the default menu options such as music, or pictures, sorry, I'm on the latest nightly build of frodo+ (22/02/13) running atv 5.0.2,

just wanna make sure you get this right Smile

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-03-01

Ok everyone,

just a quick status update on the skin. The skin is ready to be submitted to the Frodo repo, but I am just waiting on some more translations before I make a formal pull request. At this stage I have full translations for English and Greek, when I have a few more finished translations I will make the pull request of the XBMC repo. Until then I will continue to go thru the skin looking for bugs and/or coding issues, so the time will not be wasted.

If you have a language skill and would like to see things moving along, you could give the guys over at Transfix a helping hand.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-03-02

Wyrm, hey. I'm actually translating xtv now and i'm stuck with a few strings. I cannot find it in skin or just can't understand what does it mean. Could you please comment.
Quote:provider
Now Playing style visuals
Channel Rules
Advanced Channel Rules
Show in Order
Directory
Warning Memory Low:
Get Extras...
Use media overlays

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-03-03

(2013-03-02, 19:16)relyter Wrote: Wyrm, hey. I'm actually translating xtv now and i'm stuck with a few strings. I cannot find it in skin or just can't understand what does it mean. Could you please comment.
Yep noticed that last night, thanks for the effort
Quote:provider
The service that supplies the weather info
Quote:Now Playing style visuals
Shows the playing video or music visualisation as a background image when navigating around the skin.
Quote:Channel Rules
Advanced Channel Rules
Show in Order
Directory
Used by the skin files for PseudoTV script (not sure why this is not looked after by the script)
Quote:Warning Memory Low:
I check to see if there is 95% or more of system memory in use and give a warning that Bad things may be about to happen
Quote:Get Extras...
Used in video info screen to show a custom dialog where you can chose to download addition skin graphics (posters, banners, fanart, extrafanarts etc) and to download TV series theme tunes.
Quote:Use media overlays
Shows either an album cover and song details or a video thumbnail and video details when appropriate content is playing (usually in top left corner of screen, but along bottom part of home screen

Hope that clears up any confusion
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

BTW, could you please change the string "xbox" to iOS, as I'm pretty sure that the correct translation of iOS (Apple's OS for iPods, iPhones, iPads etc) is NOT XBox (Microsoft's game console) Rofl

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-03-03

OK, ty for the info. Probably xbox-ios mismatch is leftover of a huge mess with strings in russian translation. Russian in 798 is a total LOL now.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-03-03

Quote:Now Playing style visuals - Shows the playing video or music visualisation as a background image when navigating around the skin.
Hmmm, tested this Smile. "Now Playing style visuals" for video is as you said. But it seems doing nothing for music, just black background. visualisation appears when "Use visuals as background" is ON.

Quote:Use media overlays Shows either an album cover and song details or a video thumbnail and video details when appropriate content is playing (usually in top left corner of screen, but along bottom part of home screen

BTW is there any way to get back to full screen video if:
1st case. Use media overlays is ON, mouse is OFF. I don't see how to get on media overlay with keyboard
2nd case. Use media overlays is OFF. Player OSD in Settings don't have fullscreen button.

Frodo release on windows, latest xTV from passion.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - FriendlyG - 2013-03-04

Hey Wyrm or anyone else who could help me.
I've just updated to the official release of Frodo, and installed the Passion repository, then installed xTV from there. (I had previously been running it under Eden).

For the life of me, I can't work out how to change the home screen back to list view...
I've read that you've changed the default setting to the new horizontal view, which suggests to me that the other setting is still available, but just isn't default? If so, how do I activate it, and if not, how can I go back to the previous version? Do I have to downgrade to Eden?

Thanks!

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-03-04

Skin setting - Home menu - Home menu type

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-03-04

(2013-03-03, 19:30)relyter Wrote:
Quote:Now Playing style visuals - Shows the playing video or music visualisation as a background image when navigating around the skin.
Hmmm, tested this Smile. "Now Playing style visuals" for video is as you said. But it seems doing nothing for music, just black background. visualisation appears when "Use visuals as background" is ON.

Quote:Use media overlays Shows either an album cover and song details or a video thumbnail and video details when appropriate content is playing (usually in top left corner of screen, but along bottom part of home screen

BTW is there any way to get back to full screen video if:
1st case. Use media overlays is ON, mouse is OFF. I don't see how to get on media overlay with keyboard
2nd case. Use media overlays is OFF. Player OSD in Settings don't have fullscreen button.

Frodo release on windows, latest xTV from passion.
relyter,

"Escape" to get from playing video or music visualisation back to menu. While video or visualisation is playing and you are showing a menu screen, press "Tab" will take you back to the playing video or visualisation screen. You need to set the appropriate skin setting for showing whatever, these various settings are either on the General or Background skin settings menus.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-03-04

(2013-03-04, 10:12)relyter Wrote: Skin setting - Home menu - Home menu type
FriendlyG,

Yep what relyter said, but also you need to know that the skin setting menu is now located in the Appearance menu (second line of Skin sub menu). This is where you will find most of the Frodo skins now have their settings menus located (although there are one or two skins that don't follow this convention)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)