Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-23

(2013-10-21, 10:36)keiron99 Wrote: When I pause watching a movie, I get a thumbnail to the lower left of the screen. However, I don't get any thumbnail watching media in TV shows library.

Is it something I'm doing wrong? I've been through all the settings but cannot see what might be preventing this.
keiron,

Sorry mate, you post fell down the back of the loungeRofl . I think I might know what your issue is, you don't use banner icons for your TV show by some sort of chance? You could go and pull in either logo's, clearart's or even show poster's from the TV shows info screen and see if that fixes the issue for you. On my dev system I test with all of the above if they are available, so I would not notice if there as either none of these available or if you are only using banner icons (as I don't use these).

Let me know how you get on, so that I come up with a fix if there is an issue.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - keiron99 - 2013-10-23

Hi wyrm, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I understand you 100%. I'm not sure what banner icons are?

I have tried using every view type available (list, icons etc) but still nothing displays. However, I DO get artwork displaying when I look at the list, It's just when I'm actually watching a show.

I have tried going into "get extras" and "choose art" but that doesn't add anything either.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-23

(2013-10-23, 16:04)keiron99 Wrote: Hi wyrm, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I understand you 100%. I'm not sure what banner icons are?

I have tried using every view type available (list, icons etc) but still nothing displays. However, I DO get artwork displaying when I look at the list, It's just when I'm actually watching a show.

I have tried going into "get extras" and "choose art" but that doesn't add anything either.
keiron,

I think a FULL debug log is probably in order here, just so I have some idea of what is going on from your end. See my sig for details of how you can grab a log from within the skin. Try to keep the file small by turning on debug logging, go watch the program that is not showing anything, bring up the OSD menu, stop the program and then go back and download the log file from the skins support menu.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bubbanc - 2013-10-27

wyrm, first off, long time user of xTV SAF. The wife and kids would be lost without it.

Anyways, I dove in this weekend upgrading my Eden-based Apple TV's to Frodo. I was using xTV-SAF (SVN) and that doesn't appear to have any issues with Frodo (at least that I can tell). All of my watched shows appear to properly display (shows where we've watched all the episodes have a checkmark beside the show name).

So then I install 1.3.3 (using Vertical) It appears that all shows have a dot beside them. I cannot tell if this is something new with watched status or not, if it is, I'm confused as to why everything is appearing as watched. Confused Is this something new with Frodo itself that is causing this? Should I just use the old version of the Skin since things appear correctly there?

The other thing(s) I noticed - not as major as the watched status, is the fact that I can't (or don't know how) to add a custom Pandora plugin entry on the Home menu. Also, is there a way to make the space between shows smaller like old 1.2.x version of the software? I wasn't sure if this was a setting that could be changed by the end user.

Thanks again for your hard work! We all appreciate the time you've put into it and support you've offered in this thread.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-27

(2013-10-27, 04:09)bubbanc Wrote: wyrm, first off, long time user of xTV SAF. The wife and kids would be lost without it.

Anyways, I dove in this weekend upgrading my Eden-based Apple TV's to Frodo. I was using xTV-SAF (SVN) and that doesn't appear to have any issues with Frodo (at least that I can tell). All of my watched shows appear to properly display (shows where we've watched all the episodes have a checkmark beside the show name).

So then I install 1.3.3 (using Vertical) It appears that all shows have a dot beside them. I cannot tell if this is something new with watched status or not, if it is, I'm confused as to why everything is appearing as watched. Confused Is this something new with Frodo itself that is causing this? Should I just use the old version of the Skin since things appear correctly there?
bubbanc,

first of all thanks, always good to know people are using and enjoying the skin. Second people may not realise this, but there are a lot of things that I don't use in the skin as a user of the skin, so sometimes I will not realise that something is amiss. So if you see something that you think is not right or outright broken, sing out as I may not be aware of the issue.

Now as to the watched status markers in the skin. First of all the images Have changed in Frodo, they should be something like this. Unwatched, solid blue dot, PartialWatched is a hollow dot that is half filled and Watched is a blank image. Important word in the preceding description is Should. I noticed the other day that the watched image does not seem to be working, and in fact the image changes back to the Unwatched state after I have complete watching something, so clearly something is not right.

Why did I change from the previous tick image? Well the tick really does not say exactly what the tick is for (neither does the dot really, but more on that in a moment). Also how do you convey the idea of something as being partial watched (half a dot sort of works, but half a tick does not)? And finally the skin is kinda/sorta following the iOS conventions and in iOS dots are used to show this information (a lot of people will understand what I'm trying to get across).

So in short I'm following iOS with the watched status, but something is not quite right and needs fixing.

Quote:The other thing(s) I noticed - not as major as the watched status, is the fact that I can't (or don't know how) to add a custom Pandora plugin entry on the Home menu.
First of all you will need to go to your addons list and locate the Pandora addon. Select the addon from the list and bring up the context menu and select "Add to Favourites". Go into the skin setting menu (This is located off of the System Setting Appearance menu as of Frodo as per the new XBMC convention) and navigate to the skin setting menu (menu item just below where you select which skin that XBMC uses). In the Skins settings menus, scroll down to "Custom favourites" and click that item, which will take you to another series of menus. From this point it should be fairly self explanatory. You now have 20 slots that you can assign to a predefined favourite, five each for Movies, TV Shows, Music and Addons.

Really there are a ton of settings you can play with (just play and see what things do, as there have been a lot of changes since the Eden builds of the skin).

Quote:Also, is there a way to make the space between shows smaller like old 1.2.x version of the software? I wasn't sure if this was a setting that could be changed by the end user.
Sorry there is no setting to change this. This was because there where a number of areas in XBMC where there was addition information that needed to be displayed for each item, so instead of reducing the size of the text to fit the information(like some skins do), I decided to double the height of the buttons and show a second line on the button.

Hope this has been helpful, let me know if there is any other area of the skin with problems (or that you can't find or understand).
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thank you, thank you. I can confirm that all of the watched dots are solid and not partial. Is there anything I can help you with on debugging this? Do you think it's XBMC or related to the skin?

As for the other items, appreciate the feedback and will try them out.

Thanks again for the quick response!

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-27

(2013-10-27, 15:41)bubbanc Wrote: Thank you, thank you. I can confirm that all of the watched dots are solid and not partial. Is there anything I can help you with on debugging this? Do you think it's XBMC or related to the skin?
Definitely skin problem, or at least WAS a skin problem. Now fixed locally, fix will go out to Passion repo next time I do a push to my Googlecode page (in a day or two, currently working on Horizontal home menu code to sort a number of issues)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2013-10-27, 16:54)wyrm Wrote: Definitely skin problem, or at least WAS a skin problem. Now fixed locally, fix will go out to Passion repo next time I do a push to my Googlecode page (in a day or two, currently working on Horizontal home menu code to sort a number of issues)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Awesome Smile Now to update the rest of my Apple TVs!

Thanks again!

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Tom4Surfing - 2013-10-28

It is fun having the RSS working on my home screen again. Thanks.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - cecemf - 2013-10-30

Just wanted to say that I love your skin and goes so well with my all apple setup Wink

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - skepti - 2013-11-01

Is there a chance bringing back the coverflow to list2 view ?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-11-01

(2013-10-27, 15:37)wyrm Wrote: First of all you will need to go to your addons list and locate the Pandora addon. Select the addon from the list and bring up the context menu and select "Add to Favourites". Go into the skin setting menu (This is located off of the System Setting Appearance menu as of Frodo as per the new XBMC convention) and navigate to the skin setting menu (menu item just below where you select which skin that XBMC uses). In the Skins settings menus, scroll down to "Custom favourites" and click that item, which will take you to another series of menus. From this point it should be fairly self explanatory. You now have 20 slots that you can assign to a predefined favourite, five each for Movies, TV Shows, Music and Addons.

I just tried this and it works fine but for some reason the PlexXBMC addon doesn't appear under any of the categories under Custom Favourites so I can't add it. From Home - Addons it appears under every category except Programs so I can access it that way, it just would be nice to be able to add it to Movies or TV Shows.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-11-05

Very quickly guys as I'm having major issues with my net connect, currently have a connection at dialup speeds and its really flaky
(2013-11-01, 12:12)skepti Wrote: Is there a chance bringing back the coverflow to list2 view ?
skepti, sorry no. Only real difference between list and list2 views is the icon animation and I'm not prepared to mess with the code for something so minor.

(2013-11-01, 12:47)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-10-27, 15:37)wyrm Wrote: First of all you will need to go to your addons list and locate the Pandora addon. Select the addon from the list and bring up the context menu and select "Add to Favourites". Go into the skin setting menu (This is located off of the System Setting Appearance menu as of Frodo as per the new XBMC convention) and navigate to the skin setting menu (menu item just below where you select which skin that XBMC uses). In the Skins settings menus, scroll down to "Custom favourites" and click that item, which will take you to another series of menus. From this point it should be fairly self explanatory. You now have 20 slots that you can assign to a predefined favourite, five each for Movies, TV Shows, Music and Addons.

I just tried this and it works fine but for some reason the PlexXBMC addon doesn't appear under any of the categories under Custom Favourites so I can't add it. From Home - Addons it appears under every category except Programs so I can access it that way, it just would be nice to be able to add it to Movies or TV Shows.
Doveman, unlike the author of the Amber skin I do not have access to plex and so do not have any skin code from plex in my skin. As for any other thing that you have a script (or playlist etc) you can always make a favourite of the script from the addons menu and then follow the usual procedure for adding a custom home menu item. Other than that sorry can't help.

Hope to have things sorted with my internet connection by Thursday (all things going well with my ISP). I must really have upset the internet gods lately, does any one have any idea of how to appease them so that they will leave me alone. ;-)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bubbanc - 2013-11-09

Wyrm, success running vertical version r995. After a few days of use, the only issue I consistently run into issue every day or so where while scrolling through the TV shows, the show images begin to overlap and suddenly the show images don't match the show that I've scrolled do. You have to move up and down a few times to get it back in sync, but all the show images stay stacked and there's a defect at the bottom of the screen (like there's some notification that's ready to pop up but doesn't). When I select a show and go through episodes the issues are the same; difficult to determine which show is selected because of the image changing issues. The only way I can return the menus back to normal is to exit XBMC and come back in. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks again for the support!

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-11-09

(2013-11-09, 14:40)bubbanc Wrote: Wyrm, success running vertical version r995. After a few days of use, the only issue I consistently run into issue every day or so where while scrolling through the TV shows, the show images begin to overlap and suddenly the show images don't match the show that I've scrolled do. You have to move up and down a few times to get it back in sync, but all the show images stay stacked and there's a defect at the bottom of the screen (like there's some notification that's ready to pop up but doesn't). When I select a show and go through episodes the issues are the same; difficult to determine which show is selected because of the image changing issues. The only way I can return the menus back to normal is to exit XBMC and come back in. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks again for the support!
bubbanc,

I'm sorry I have never seen anything like you describe. Could you please post a FULL debug log of a session where you can get this to happen (details of how are in my sig below). What views does this happen in (just list view or is it occurring in all views)? Is it only in TV shows or does it occur in other parts of the video library? And if you can manage it a screen grab showing the problem would also be useful. And lastly, have you tried other skins to see if the problem occurs in other skins. Usually if you see this in another skin it can suggest that its a XBMC problem and not a skin problem (but not always, as it could also be a problem with skin code that others are also using).

Report back here, and I will see if we can't track this down.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)