Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - keiron99 - 2013-11-09

I've experienced the same issue as bubbanc, with the thumbnails not matching. I could only resolve it by unplugging. I did wonder whether it was an issue with my NAS and network faltering.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bubbanc - 2013-11-10

I couldn't do the debug logging tonight because I was in a hurry, but I did get a video of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifq8g7bb0m1q027/2013-11-09%2021.33.30.mov. It doesn't do this with the old version 524 SVN version (but this is old, old for Eden. Not sure why it works for Frodo, however I do think there is one or two random crashes with this version on Frodo).

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-11-10

(2013-11-10, 05:04)bubbanc Wrote: I couldn't do the debug logging tonight because I was in a hurry, but I did get a video of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifq8g7bb0m1q027/2013-11-09%2021.33.30.mov. It doesn't do this with the old version 524 SVN version (but this is old, old for Eden. Not sure why it works for Frodo, however I do think there is one or two random crashes with this version on Frodo).
bubbanc,

sorry link 404'd so can see anything. Really need to see the debug log to see whats going on.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-11-13

Keiron99 and bubbanc,

I have taken a look at the log file and video that bubbanc posted links to in a PM and I think it relates to the recently added TVShow-Nextaired script support added to the skin. If you go into the addons setting menu and navigate to the program section you will see that you have this script installed. To test if it is this script that is causing the problem, bring up the scripts info screen and "Disable" the script. Then shutdown xbmc and restart so that you are sure the script is no longer running and see if the problem is still there. Otherwise the only other thing I can see in the log file than might be causing the issue is the 1channel script, in which case you are on your own on that as I don't wish to get involved with problems with banned scripts.

Please report back here with the results of disabling the Nextaired script so I know if that needs fixing or if problem is else where.

As a side note, please guys, use the menu entry in the skins support menu to post log files to xbmclogs website as dealing with huge log files in sites other than pastebin or xbmclogs is a massive PITA. Also, while I realise sometime it can't be helped, PLEASE try to keep the size of the log files down to as small as possible. Trawling thru thousands of lines of a log file looking for problems is not my idea of fun, so try to make my job a bit easier please.

Best workflow for problems should be:
  1. Check that problem does not also occur on another skin
  2. If problem only occurs in my skin, post problem here (problems that affect multiple skins tend to be XBMC problems)
  3. If you are asked to provide a log file to diagnose a problem follow the next steps
  4. Restart XBMC (so you start from a clean slate and I don't have to trawle thru multi Megabyte log files)
  5. Go into skins support menu and turn on logging
  6. Go trigger the condition that leads to the problem
  7. Go back to support menu and post log file to xbmclogs
  8. Post link to log file in this forum
Problems are much more likely to be solved if you help me by following the above. But most of all PLEASE reply back with results of bug fixes or solutions so that I (and others) can fix or benefit from your experience.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-11-13

wyrm,

I managed to get your skin installed and up to date in the end by starting with a fresh install of rbej's OE Gotham on my SD card. Only the files on /storage were different before, so I can only guess that something in /.xbmc/addons or /.xbmc/userdata/addondata was causing the "dependency not met" error. Now with the fresh install I get this error trying to install the iPlayer addon but I just copied that across from /storage on the USB to the SD and it works fine, so I don't need to install it.

One thing I've been meaning to ask if you can do with your skin is to remove the category level from Addons - Enabled and Addons - Disabled, so that when going into these screens we see all the addons in one list. I find it quite annoying having to go into a category looking for an addon, find it's not there, go back up a level, go into another category looking for it, etc and if they were all in one list, it would be really quick to page up/down to look for addons.

I've seen in the Updates Available category a "All addons" view, so I don't think it should be too hard to do this.

I know the current layout is the default but nonetheless if it's possible to do this with your skin, please consider it.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bubbanc - 2013-11-14

I have applied your suggested fix and will report back. Sorry for not using the supported feature of xbmclogs. I didn't want to expose passwords, so I cleansed the file myself. Thanks again for your help on this.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bubbanc - 2013-11-16

I had issues again today. I enabled debug logging and have uploaded my log file as you mentioned. I also tried to remove previous lines before when I enabled debug logging to hopefully save time: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=85611

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-16, 22:05)bubbanc Wrote: I had issues again today. I enabled debug logging and have uploaded my log file as you mentioned. I also tried to remove previous lines before when I enabled debug logging to hopefully save time: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=85611
bubbanc,

Couple of things, I think you will find that the log script handles the stripping of passwords automagically now so should not be an issue. Also please don't post log files that are incomplete as the start of the log file contains information of which build and what platform you are using (which gives the developer some idea of what is different between your system and theirs and thus some sort of hint as to what might be causing the issue). In this case I already know that you are running 12.2 release on an AppleTV Gen2 , so no issue. Just the same some devs get understandably shirty about this as it wastes a lot of time going back and forth trying to determine this info, so don't get into the habit of stripping log files.

Now, as I have also got a AppleTV running the same build and see no issues, it would suggest to me two possible areas where you might have an issue (unfortunately nothing showing in the log, so these are educated guesses).

First, as you ungraded from Eden to Frodo, maybe it has something to do with the cached thumbs for the tvshows that you are seeing problems with (you can either delete the cache directory or just wait a while until the offending file is marked stale and deleted). Or possibly it relates to your Textures.db file (for Frodo, file would be called Textures13.db) located in your /userdata/Databases directory where ever that is on your AppleTV. If you have a earlier version of this file, if you delete the version 13 file it will be rebuilt from the earlier file, or will be rebuilt from information elsewhere in your system is nothing earlier is found.

Now I'm kind of hoping that the issue will be fixed with something from above, because otherwise the only thing that occurs to me is that you have some sort of issue with 1chan that I can't help you with. Two reasons for that, first being that I have no experience with 1chan. And more importantly is two, the XBMC piracy policy does not allow discussions concerning piracy plugins.

Best of luck with sorting this, please report back any findings so others can benefit from your experience.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bubbanc - 2013-11-18

So will removing the cache dirs or Texture file require me to do any manual rebuilding of thumbnails? Is there a way to do this automatically without me having to go to each show/dir?

Thanks!

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 05:35)bubbanc Wrote: So will removing the cache dirs or Texture file require me to do any manual rebuilding of thumbnails? Is there a way to do this automatically without me having to go to each show/dir?

Thanks!
bubbanc,

cache is completely automagic. If there is no cached file when you browse thru your library, XBMC will create one. The next time the file is required access should in theory be quicker (there seems to be some debate on this), but at any rate is completely transparent to the user. As to the Textures13.db file, you will need to restart XBMC to rebuild the file. As to details on this I have not had to do this so I am only speaking from what I have seen elsewhere in the forum. As I understand this, it is completely handled by XBMC but it can take a little while to finish, so I would recommend that you delete the file, restart XBMC and head to bed and let it do its thing overnight.

If I have got any of this wrong, anyone who knows better please feel free to jump in and correct me. I'm always willing to learn when I'm wrong.

Just the same bubbanc, all I have read on this suggests that it is relatively painless although Frodo now distinguishes between Posters and Banners, so you might end up wanting to re-grab some of your individual Thumbnails to suit better your needs. For the record, I use Posters for most things and Banners in the Banner view, but XBMC will try its best to display something and will fallback to whatever type of thumb you have.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-11-30

Wyrm,

I have no idea what just happened but I upgraded my brother's XBMC (to build 16442) and after that he couldn't play any video, he was just getting a black screen and no audio. I got him to change Vertical Blank Sync from Let Driver Choose to Always Enabled and after that the first video he tried played a couple of seconds, then stopped but the rest he tried worked fine and then he tried the first one again and that was OK too now. I guess Vertical Blank Sync was on Let Driver Choose before the upgrade though and it was working fine for him (he's using the composite video output, so I'm not even sure if that setting has any effect).

So I thought he was sorted but 15 minutes later, he phoned back to say his skin (xTV-SAF) was completely messed up, all the menu items on the Home page were under the wrong heading and he had no visible cursor/highlight so couldn't see what he was selecting. I managed to switch debugging on by editing the guisettings.xml and eventually he managed to switch the skin to Confluence, which was OK but when he switched back to xTV-SAF, the cursor disappeared again so he didn't even know if he was selecting Yes or No when it asked if he wanted to keep the change! The log is here in case there's any clue as to what went wrong: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91965 I grabbed the xbmc.old.log made with build 16442 as well but that was before I turned debugging on, so it might not show anything useful: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91967

I tried downgrading him to build 16367 but that didn't help and he said he then was also missing the pictures above the menus (Recently Added I guess). This is the debug log with that build: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91966

I noticed he had xtv-SAF v1.3.4.1011 whereas I only have 1.3.3.928. I'm not sure how he got a newer version as I haven't been notified about an update and I don't even think he's got update notifications on but anyway, it was working before I updated him to build 16442. I transferred the xtv-SAF v1.3.3.928 package to his RPi and got him to install it (that was a bit confusing for him, because as soon as he selected it, it just returned him to the Addons menu, with no indication it had or was installing, so he did it again with the same result and then suddenly it popped up "Do you want to switch to this skin" so it had obviously been installing, just not telling him. It's back to working order again now, which is a relief but it's a bit of a drag that what should have been a quick upgrade turned into a few hours of phone calls and head scratching.

Any ideas what went wrong here?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bubbanc - 2013-11-30

(2013-11-30, 23:27)doveman2 Wrote: Wyrm,

I have no idea what just happened but I upgraded my brother's XBMC (to build 16442) and after that he couldn't play any video, he was just getting a black screen and no audio. I got him to change Vertical Blank Sync from Let Driver Choose to Always Enabled and after that the first video he tried played a couple of seconds, then stopped but the rest he tried worked fine and then he tried the first one again and that was OK too now. I guess Vertical Blank Sync was on Let Driver Choose before the upgrade though and it was working fine for him (he's using the composite video output, so I'm not even sure if that setting has any effect).

So I thought he was sorted but 15 minutes later, he phoned back to say his skin (xTV-SAF) was completely messed up, all the menu items on the Home page were under the wrong heading and he had no visible cursor/highlight so couldn't see what he was selecting. I managed to switch debugging on by editing the guisettings.xml and eventually he managed to switch the skin to Confluence, which was OK but when he switched back to xTV-SAF, the cursor disappeared again so he didn't even know if he was selecting Yes or No when it asked if he wanted to keep the change! The log is here in case there's any clue as to what went wrong: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91965 I grabbed the xbmc.old.log made with build 16442 as well but that was before I turned debugging on, so it might not show anything useful: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91967

I tried downgrading him to build 16367 but that didn't help and he said he then was also missing the pictures above the menus (Recently Added I guess). This is the debug log with that build: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91966

I noticed he had xtv-SAF v1.3.4.1011 whereas I only have 1.3.3.928. I'm not sure how he got a newer version as I haven't been notified about an update and I don't even think he's got update notifications on but anyway, it was working before I updated him to build 16442. I transferred the xtv-SAF v1.3.3.928 package to his RPi and got him to install it (that was a bit confusing for him, because as soon as he selected it, it just returned him to the Addons menu, with no indication it had or was installing, so he did it again with the same result and then suddenly it popped up "Do you want to switch to this skin" so it had obviously been installing, just not telling him. It's back to working order again now, which is a relief but it's a bit of a drag that what should have been a quick upgrade turned into a few hours of phone calls and head scratching.

Any ideas what went wrong here?

I had the exact same issue. I went in and edited guisettings.xml and removed the line that starts this skin and it reverted to the default skin. I never resolved the issue so I plugged in a backup Apple TV which did not exhibit the issues. It's running the most current SAF.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-12-01

(2013-11-30, 23:40)bubbanc Wrote: I had the exact same issue. I went in and edited guisettings.xml and removed the line that starts this skin and it reverted to the default skin. I never resolved the issue so I plugged in a backup Apple TV which did not exhibit the issues. It's running the most current SAF.

Weird, I guess there's some issue with the latest version of xtv-SAF and recent builds of OpenElec (or at least the tweaked popcornmix/MillhouseVH builds I'm using).

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bubbanc - 2013-12-01

(2013-12-01, 01:02)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-11-30, 23:40)bubbanc Wrote: I had the exact same issue. I went in and edited guisettings.xml and removed the line that starts this skin and it reverted to the default skin. I never resolved the issue so I plugged in a backup Apple TV which did not exhibit the issues. It's running the most current SAF.

Weird, I guess there's some issue with the latest version of xtv-SAF and recent builds of OpenElec (or at least the tweaked popcornmix/MillhouseVH builds I'm using).

Im running it on an Apple TV 2, but had the same issues with the Skin. The home screen was un-readable/un-navigatable. Fonts looked like they were doubled on top of each other.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-12-01

(2013-12-01, 03:05)bubbanc Wrote: Im running it on an Apple TV 2, but had the same issues with the Skin. The home screen was un-readable/un-navigatable. Fonts looked like they were doubled on top of each other.

Ah gotcha, I thought you meant it had gone wrong on your RPi so you'd switched to a backup Apple TV.

So looks like the issue isn't platform-specific then.