Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- liquidskin76 - 2010-04-15

ashgotti Wrote:Well, no matter what I do, I get CPU usage of +97% and the ram usage is 500mb+ and I have to force quit it.

I tried mpc,ffdshow,coreavc and they all produced the same result...

Can you test using dvdplayer and report back the cpu usage.

Obviously dvdplayer will be using software decoding so cpu usage will be a little high however with your Xeon's it should play fine. If you still get high cpu usage with dvdplayer then it's most likely a trunk issue due to the ongoing merge.

If the vids play fine with dvdplayer, then enable debugging and post logs for tiben and seb!

Cheers

- blinkseb - 2010-04-15

zilexa Wrote:Blinkseb and/or Tiben20, could you take a look at this post, the second one and the response?

Maybe a bug: ffdvideodec is not working when dvdnavigator is the source and splitter filter.

It's not a bug, filters connection works perfectly. It's probably ffdshow which doesn't accept mpeg decoding (by default it's off).

- metaltimo - 2010-04-15

Thank You so much for that!!!

You´re my hero!!!Big Grin
I also could make some other keycodes change, thanks!
Ok sorry for posting the whole file...

It works absolutely fluid and fine, great!!!Laugh

Has anybody an idea for the dsplayer problem?! I just want to try it!

Thanks a lot!!!
Timo

- ashgotti - 2010-04-15

liquidskin76 Wrote:Can you test using dvdplayer and report back the cpu usage.

Obviously dvdplayer will be using software decoding so cpu usage will be a little high however with your Xeon's it should play fine. If you still get high cpu usage with dvdplayer then it's most likely a trunk issue due to the ongoing merge.

If the vids play fine with dvdplayer, then enable debugging and post logs for tiben and seb!

Cheers

I'll give it a try tonight. Another thing: I can't fast-foward or rewind..is this a known issue?

- Hammerer - 2010-04-16

Rar's are playing in 29166 but when using 'Play using...' in library stop after cd1 when 'stacked' (cd1, cd2 in seperate folder). I have not set dsplayer as default in advancedsettings.xml. Cheers guys.

- ashgotti - 2010-04-16

liquidskin76 Wrote:Can you test using dvdplayer and report back the cpu usage.

Cheers

You were right. dvdplayer crashes completely with anything over 1 GB.

- liquidskin76 - 2010-04-16

ashgotti Wrote:You were right. dvdplayer crashes completely with anything over 1 GB.

Try installing the official xbmc v9.11 in portable mode and test using that. It's a pain in the back side as you will have to configure the portable installation from scratch, however at least it will confirm if it is a trunk issue or a xbmc bug (not dsplayer bug!) in general.

If you get the same with v9.11 then i'd submit a bug report... http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_submit_a_proper_Bug_Report

Could be a Xeon/XBMC issue? The Xeon's are technically a server processor so may behave slightly different from say a core2.

Good luck!

- ashgotti - 2010-04-16

liquidskin76 Wrote:Try installing the official xbmc v9.11 in portable mode and test using that. It's a pain in the back side as you will have to configure the portable installation from scratch, however at least it will confirm if it is a trunk issue or a xbmc bug (not dsplayer bug!) in general.

If you get the same with v9.11 then i'd submit a bug report... http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_submit_a_proper_Bug_Report

Could be a Xeon/XBMC issue? The Xeon's are technically a server processor so may behave slightly different from say a core2.

Good luck!

Thanks. Would it make a difference if I tried the rev released today? If not, I'll go back to 9.11 + external player.Confused

New DSPlayer Version 16.04.10 - metaltimo - 2010-04-17

Hello,

here I´m back again...
So, yesterday I´ve deinstalled all things of XBMC and took the latest Version of the dsplayer build...
At first, I thought, it works, because I got first Time a videoscreen... perhaps it was the bug of vmr9 instead of evr, because with xp I´ve used vmr9 all the time...
BUT... There are so many bugs in it...
Either if I used the ffdshow filter or the default mpcvidedec, I got permanent horizontal stripes in the picture, not the black interlaced lines, but stair lines (sorry, don´t know how to explain in english...) Also normal SD mpg or mpeg Videos doesn´t work, they stop immediatly after start playing, get a standing videoscreen but fluid Audio... OR just Audio and a playing time osd at the buttom left side but no videoscreen... .rec files from my receiver (Topfield) work only with dvdplayer even when I added the .rec in the filters...

Therefore I thought, I could make a new playercorefactory says play all videos with dvdplayer as default except HD Files play with dsplayer... but these bugs in the videoscreen are not acceptable...! The next thing is, when I tried to change the audiostream with "ok"->"speakersymbol"->"audiostream" and the video has TWO streams (one english, one german) DSPLAYER TOTALLY CRASHES and i´ve got to stop XBMC with the taskmanager...:confused2:ConfusedSad:mad:

Today, I think, I will go back to 9.11 and my now working selfmade playercore for external player mpc-hc, this player is the only player handles excellent HD Material with the hardwareconstallation I use...

THANKS!!!
bye Timo

- blinkseb - 2010-04-17

metaltimo Wrote:Hello,

here I´m back again...
So, yesterday I´ve deinstalled all things of XBMC and took the latest Version of the dsplayer build...
At first, I thought, it works, because I got first Time a videoscreen... perhaps it was the bug of vmr9 instead of evr, because with xp I´ve used vmr9 all the time...
BUT... There are so many bugs in it...
Either if I used the ffdshow filter or the default mpcvidedec, I got permanent horizontal stripes in the picture, not the black interlaced lines, but stair lines (sorry, don´t know how to explain in english...) Also normal SD mpg or mpeg Videos doesn´t work, they stop immediatly after start playing, get a standing videoscreen but fluid Audio... OR just Audio and a playing time osd at the buttom left side but no videoscreen... .rec files from my receiver (Topfield) work only with dvdplayer even when I added the .rec in the filters...

Therefore I thought, I could make a new playercorefactory says play all videos with dvdplayer as default except HD Files play with dsplayer... but these bugs in the videoscreen are not acceptable...! The next thing is, when I tried to change the audiostream with "ok"->"speakersymbol"->"audiostream" and the video has TWO streams (one english, one german) DSPLAYER TOTALLY CRASHES and i´ve got to stop XBMC with the taskmanager...:confused2:ConfusedSad:mad:

Today, I think, I will go back to 9.11 and my now working selfmade playercore for external player mpc-hc, this player is the only player handles excellent HD Material with the hardwareconstallation I use...

THANKS!!!
bye Timo

And when do you expect to provide a debug log to help us?

Debug log - metaltimo - 2010-04-17

Hello Seb,

I´m sorry, I just don´t know where I can fin the debug.log and how to post it...
Do I have to start one film and then have a log to post and then the next or can I open different files after another and I have one log for all?!

Sorry for that but I´m not as good in these things as it seems to be... To write my own playercore or change the filter has taken a few nights hard work...Eek

Please Help!

Thanks!
Timo

- blinkseb - 2010-04-17

metaltimo Wrote:Hello Seb,

I´m sorry, I just don´t know where I can fin the debug.log and how to post it...
Do I have to start one film and then have a log to post and then the next or can I open different files after another and I have one log for all?!

Sorry for that but I´m not as good in these things as it seems to be... To write my own playercore or change the filter has taken a few nights hard work...Eek

Please Help!

Thanks!
Timo

You can read that, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File, it will be really helpfull!

If you encounter a bug, restart xbmc, and try to reproduce the bug. Then, post your log on pastebin & give us the link!

- hamse - 2010-04-18

Hi guys. I can't get dsplayer to work... when I try to start a video file it just says "Working, please wait".

Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/NVPpQJjm

I can't get any video format to work. The log is from a mkv file... The standard player works just fine... Hope you can help.

Thanks

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-18

hamse Wrote:Hi guys. I can't get dsplayer to work... when I try to start a video file it just says "Working, please wait".

Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/NVPpQJjm

I can't get any video format to work. The log is from a mkv file... The standard player works just fine... Hope you can help.

Thanks

This is not a debug log - see here for information http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 and correct method to produce the debug log. Might also be useful to provide a pastebin link to your dsfilterconfig file.

Question about dsfilterconfig / directshow - nakima - 2010-04-18

I have read the documentation and gotten this working (awesome job, btw), but I have a question (that I couldn't find the answer to)...

Is it possible to just let directshow handle the graph construction and not have to worry about all my entries in dsfilterconfig? I would like to just flip a switch to tell dsplayer - use direct show and all its configured priorities and registered filters to play the video.

Maybe this is where the effort is already headed, but is it more complex? I can understand early on wanting to be able to control which filters are used where and being able to test and verify items.

Thanks for any info, and once again great job!