Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- blinkseb - 2010-06-11

therealjoeblow Wrote:I don't believe I am, at least not intentionally - I have never enabled that feature. Does it look like it's enabled from the logs? Cause if it is, then it somehow got auto-enabled during the update from 28016 to 31004 by itself, like I said, I don't use it.

Will check later when back at home.

Note though, simply reverting back to 28016 there is no problem whatsoever with resuming, seeking, playing, judder, etc. It's *perfect* there (I saved my database and just renamed my XBMC folder before installing 31004, so swapping back and forth is very simple for comparison or rollback).

Cheers,
The REAL Joe

The DirectX device is recreated every time you play a file. It's mean that you're using the auto refresh feature. But if you said you're not, then you have something on your system causing device lost or device reset. It shoud not happened, and i'm pretty sure that's the reason of your issues.

Again, I don't have Windows XP here, so i can't test. But, on Win7, it works well :p

- >>X<< - 2010-06-11

therealjoeblow

I'm pretty sure your resume positions from different builds playing up are caused by database changes I had the same problem, pressing stop took me back to the old resume positions as well and started playing by itself

You should find new resume position work normally on new content

HD Audio Help. - joeyhhdhtpc - 2010-06-11

Hi everyone,

When i saw this thread i got all excited. I love XBMC and didnt want to give that up but i also wanted to bitstream DTS-HD MA to my receiver.

My Setup:
GTS 240
Xonair HDAV 1.3 slim
AMD 4 core CPU.
2 GB Ram
Pioneer Elite Receiver (SC05)
Samsung 52" LCD TV
Windows 7 32-bit
Latest XBMC+Dsplayer SVN
FFDShow rev 3466
MPC-HC 1.3.2018.0

Ok, So, i can play every file format just file using DSPlayer under xbmc. I right click on the video, select "Play Using" and pick the DSPlayer. Videos play great. When i attempt to do the same on a MKV file which has a DTS-HD MA it looks like dsplayer crashes.

I can play these same files without any issues when i send them to MPC-HC. MPC-HC will also bitstream the HD Audio codecs without issues. My Receiver will show me that it is playing a "DTS-HD MSTR" track.

How do i go about creating a debug log so i can see what is wrong?

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-11

joeyhhdhtpc Wrote:Hi everyone,

When i saw this thread i got all excited. I love XBMC and didnt want to give that up but i also wanted to bitstream DTS-HD MA to my receiver.

My Setup:
GTS 240
Xonair HDAV 1.3 slim
AMD 4 core CPU.
2 GB Ram
Pioneer Elite Receiver (SC05)
Samsung 52" LCD TV
Windows 7 32-bit
Latest XBMC+Dsplayer SVN
FFDShow rev 3466
MPC-HC 1.3.2018.0

Ok, So, i can play every file format just file using DSPlayer under xbmc. I right click on the video, select "Play Using" and pick the DSPlayer. Videos play great. When i attempt to do the same on a MKV file which has a DTS-HD MA it looks like dsplayer crashes.

I can play these same files without any issues when i send them to MPC-HC. MPC-HC will also bitstream the HD Audio codecs without issues. My Receiver will show me that it is playing a "DTS-HD MSTR" track.

How do i go about creating a debug log so i can see what is wrong?
Just a thought, but when you downloaded and installed the dsplayer build did you uncheck to install the ffdshow build included with the installation, if not it may have overwritten the more current build with one which isn't HDAudio compliant. Worth a check.

- joeyhhdhtpc - 2010-06-11

steelman1991 Wrote:Just a thought, but when you downloaded and installed the dsplayer build did you uncheck to install the ffdshow build included with the installation, if not it may have overwritten the more current build with one which isn't HDAudio compliant. Worth a check.

Hi Steelman,

It was a fresh install of W7. I downloaded and installed XBMC with it's packaged ffdshow. MPC-HC worked fine when it came to playing back HD Audio. The next step i took was upgrading FFDShow to the latest svn to see if it was the problem, and once again, MPC-HC was able to play HD Audio. The problem must lay with XBMC/DSPlayer/FFDShow.

joeyhhdhtpc Wrote:Hi Steelman,

It was a fresh install of W7. I downloaded and installed XBMC with it's packaged ffdshow. MPC-HC worked fine when it came to playing back HD Audio. The next step i took was upgrading FFDShow to the latest svn to see if it was the problem, and once again, MPC-HC was able to play HD Audio. The problem must lay with XBMC/DSPlayer/FFDShow.
Yeah, it was a long shot at best.. Unfortunately I don't have the hardware to test, however might it have something to do with synchronisation of mpc-hc player to stand alone filters - in other words are the stand alone filters as up to date as the player? If not then that might account for the lack of playback in dsplayer as opposed to mpc-hc.

- joeyhhdhtpc - 2010-06-11

steelman1991 Wrote:Yeah, it was a long shot at best.. Unfortunately I don't have the hardware to test, however might it have something to do with synchronisation of mpc-hc player to stand alone filters - in other words are the stand alone filters as up to date as the player? If not then that might account for the lack of playback in dsplayer as opposed to mpc-hc.

I believe so. I am using the latest builds of everything. How do i enable logging? If it is enabled by default, where would i find the log file?

joeyhhdhtpc Wrote:I believe so. I am using the latest builds of everything. How do i enable logging? If it is enabled by default, where would i find the log file?
Enable debugging in System\System\Debugging - log is located in C:\User\AppData\Roaming\xbmc - post log to Pastebin or similar and link to that in your post - see here for info http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

- joeyhhdhtpc - 2010-06-12

steelman1991 Wrote:Enable debugging in System\System\Debugging - log is located in C:\User\AppData\Roaming\xbmc - post log to Pastebin or similar and link to that in your post - see here for info http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

http://www.pastebin.ca/1881406/ The movie i'm trying to play is Wolfman.

Thanks!

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-12

joeyhhdhtpc Wrote:http://www.pastebin.ca/1881406/ The movie i'm trying to play is Wolfman.

Thanks!
Link is broken (page not found).

- fincheresque - 2010-06-12

Sigh. So in Vista, I can't get TrueHD encoded MKV's to work at all. Screen flashes green, then it just doesn't play. I also can't get it to play smoothly at all, even though MPC plays fine. And this is a pretty bare-bones Vista install from a couple weeks ago. Not much installed that could taint it other than, well, it being Vista and all. Stare

But in 7, everything works...well...perfectly. Playback is smooth, TrueHD streams play fine. My VIDEO_TS folders don't play in DSPlayer, but I'm not too worried about that, DVDPlayer works fine for that.

CPU Usage seems abnormally high when playing my BD Rips, but I'm not really concerned about that over quality.

So now I need to figure out what I want to do. I don't really want to buy an OEM license for 7 on a machine that I'll probably replace in a year or so.

Anyway, can't thank the devs enough.

- hsinchu308 - 2010-06-12

nathanjones Wrote:Sigh. So in Vista, I can't get TrueHD encoded MKV's to work at all. Screen flashes green, then it just doesn't play. I also can't get it to play smoothly at all, even though MPC plays fine. And this is a pretty bare-bones Vista install from a couple weeks ago. Not much installed that could taint it other than, well, it being Vista and all. Stare

But in 7, everything works...well...perfectly. Playback is smooth, TrueHD streams play fine. My VIDEO_TS folders don't play in DSPlayer, but I'm not too worried about that, DVDPlayer works fine for that.

CPU Usage seems abnormally high when playing my BD Rips, but I'm not really concerned about that over quality.

So now I need to figure out what I want to do. I don't really want to buy an OEM license for 7 on a machine that I'll probably replace in a year or so.

Anyway, can't thank the devs enough.

If you have a single-core cpu, trying putting the following in the Advancedsettings.xml and see if it helps with the high cpu usage:
<sleepbeforeflip>0.82</sleepbeforeflip>

- fincheresque - 2010-06-12

I've got a Core 2 Duo E8400...so I've really got enough processing power to play HD without needing HW accelleration from the video card, but I like having the 'breathing' room to have the PC doing other things if need be. (no, during my tests it's not doing anything else)

Anyways, if I feel like investigating it further, I'll post some debug logs... just surprised that Vista would exhibit video issues that 7 does not. (well, maybe not THAT surprised... Smile)

- opensauce - 2010-06-12

anyone notice high cpu while video is paused with this latest build?

running ffdshow for everything. cpu runs low and fine while playing. does not occur when using zoomplayer with same filter setup.

- SlavikZ - 2010-06-13

I have problems with MKV HD Video playing on Windows XP with the latest build. The video is not shown. There're a lot of "ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed" messages in log. Here is the full debug log:
http://pastebin.org/327803
On Windows 7 everything works fine.