Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- therealjoeblow - 2010-09-29

Maconi Wrote:How do I run XBMC in debug mode so that I can post a proper log? I would just post the normal running log but I don't really see anything in it that would help (no errors).

My HTPC is an Intel HD Graphics system (i3 Processor) with Windows 7 using the DSPlayer version of XBMC and there are a few movies in my library that it refuses to play (the screen goes black, it says Loading, and then it takes me back to the movie selection screen). It hangs/crashes sometimes but not every time. I'm using the MPC standalone filters as well as DXVA EVR as well.

I tried installing Shark 007 codec pack and Windows Media Player also refused to play those movies. It either said it was missing a codec, or it would play the movie stuck in pause mode (as in I could click the slider bar to fast-forward to a random part of the movie and see the picture change, but it would remained paused and wouldn't play normally).

However, if I use the MPC Player or VLC Player those movies play perfectly fine.

Every other movie on my HTPC plays perfectly fine with DXVA and what not enabled except for those few exceptions.

My main PC has a Radeon HD 5870 with Windows 7 and it plays those movies just fine using the Shark 007 codec pack or anything else.

I'm inclined to believe it is an Intel problem but I'm not sure if it has to do with DXVA (hardware acceleration) or not since I forced DXVA in the MPC Player and the movies still played just fine (although I'm sure there is a difference from using DXVA in XBMC).

Man, I hate to chime in here and sound like an ass, but you are in the wrong thread here. This is the development thread for advanced DSPlayer users to help the developers sort out advanced pre-release issues with alpha version software.

Your problem is that you don't even have directshow playback working on your machine (and the fact that MPC and VLC Player play your files means nothing, they use their own built in filters by default, not necessarily directshow filters installed system wide), plus you installed a codec pack, which is a MAJOR newbie no-no, and usually fubar's a system to the point where you'll need to reinstall the OS, and finally, you don't know enough about XBMC to know how to post a debug log... That's definitely not a prerequisite for posting useful questions and feedback on this thread.

Try reading the basic XBMC forums to learn more first, and post your question on the DSPlayer *user's* thread not the dev thread.

HOW-TO post a problem in a useful manner:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

DSPlayer User's Support Thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71825

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- Maconi - 2010-10-02

therealjoeblow Wrote:Man, I hate to chime in here and sound like an ass, but you are in the wrong thread here. This is the development thread for advanced DSPlayer users to help the developers sort out advanced pre-release issues with alpha version software.

Your problem is that you don't even have directshow playback working on your machine (and the fact that MPC and VLC Player play your files means nothing, they use their own built in filters by default, not necessarily directshow filters installed system wide), plus you installed a codec pack, which is a MAJOR newbie no-no, and usually fubar's a system to the point where you'll need to reinstall the OS, and finally, you don't know enough about XBMC to know how to post a debug log... That's definitely not a prerequisite for posting useful questions and feedback on this thread.

Try reading the basic XBMC forums to learn more first, and post your question on the DSPlayer *user's* thread not the dev thread.

HOW-TO post a problem in a useful manner:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

DSPlayer User's Support Thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71825

Cheers
The REAL Joe
I figured out how to run a debug log, I know not to use codec packs which is why I waited till last to try it and I did do a reformat afterward installing a fresh XBMC (which still accomplished nothing).

I figured out that it was a filter problem since my regular PC that I've never used XBMC on before could play these files but my XBMC HTPC couldn't (in XBMC or after WMP after installing the same codecs I use on my PC).

Basically I ran an experiment and figured out (to the best of my knowledge) that for some reason the Intel iGPU+ffdshow/MPC+those videos=no go (since an identical setup with my HD 5870+fddshow/MPC+those videos=working).

Since DSPlayer XBMC uses ffdshow/MPC I thought I'd mention it since it's a developer issue that needs to be addressed (if I'm correct which it's still possible I'm not it's just my best guess). I'm not sure if XBMC can work around it or if it just needs to be fixed on the filter end but there is some sort of problem there.

I can repost everything I've already posted in the user thread if it's still necessary though. Huh

- djonline - 2010-10-03

blinkseb Wrote:DVDPlayer is not able to parse data from your file, which mean we don't have access to codec informations.

You could try do the opposite, putting microsoft codec to default codec, and before it, the elecard one, like that :

Code:
<video>
<video filter="elecard" videocodec="!h264" />
<video filter="microsoft" />
</video>

It will load elecard only for non h264 material, and microsoft for the other.

Still not work. http://pastebin.com/4KJzWhuA
Please look at highlighted line with 'MPEG2.422.1080i.55.Mbps-aB.ts' and 'Successfully added "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" to the graph'.

- blinkseb - 2010-10-03

It was fixed in r33642 and above.

- djonline - 2010-10-03

What about smart DVD detection and playing without selecting video_ts.ifo ?

- gav1577 - 2010-10-05

Edit: my problem seems fixed now with add-ons not updating.

Just compiled a new build from scratch updated the build dependency's and rebuilt the solution and all seems good now.
Either that done the trick or one of your updates fixed the problem Smile

Change filters by a Gui windows / App ? - wireballz - 2010-10-08

Is there a way to Change filters by a Gui windows / App ? instead of manually doing it via text editer ?

Thanks, Wire

- blinkseb - 2010-10-09

wireballz Wrote:Is there a way to Change filters by a Gui windows / App ? instead of manually doing it via text editer ?

Thanks, Wire

Currently, there's none. Won't be very clever to do such an app right now, because the file format are subject to change. But I plan to do a little app when everything would be finalized. Smile

- wireballz - 2010-10-09

blinkseb Wrote:Currently, there's none. Won't be very clever to do such an app right now, because the file format are subject to change. But I plan to do a little app when everything would be finalized. Smile

Can't wait Smile

Thanks again Nod

- tiben20 - 2010-10-09

wireballz Wrote:Is there a way to Change filters by a Gui windows / App ? instead of manually doing it via text editer ?

Thanks, Wire
It would be a piece of cake for someone has a minimal knowledge of vb.net or c# to make that kind of app. Taking in consideration how much easy it is to code in .net,=

- Godfazzer - 2010-10-13

how to play HD mpeg2 in mkv?

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
<audio filter="ac3filter" />
</rule>

not working!

- dr_x - 2010-10-14

I have problem with two soundcards configuration under Windows XP. DSPlayer always send sound output to Windows default sound device regardless of the settings in configuration menu. Is there some working way to change output to non default device?

- sergiocos - 2010-10-14

dr_x Wrote:I have problem with two soundcards configuration under Windows XP. DSPlayer always send sound output to Windows default sound device regardless of the settings in configuration menu. Is there some working way to change output to non default device?
Confirmed, i have that too.
Another bug i encountered using Rev34469 (also in some previous builds): setting other values for brightness/contrast will result in a black screen instead of video (sound will still play ok). I don't remember if in dvdplayer brightness/contrast works ok.

- blinkseb - 2010-10-14

dr_x Wrote:I have problem with two soundcards configuration under Windows XP. DSPlayer always send sound output to Windows default sound device regardless of the settings in configuration menu. Is there some working way to change output to non default device?

Are you correctly setting the output in the DSPlayer option menu? A debug would be usefull.

- alexrose1uk - 2010-10-14

Hi guys, fairly new to the project (literally only started trying it out today), using the latest 'stable' version off the passion mirror (33619).

Firstly excellent work, I can't wait til this comes out of Alpha and eventually becomes as 'plug'n'play' as the default xbmc, and the player definately plays some files correctly that have major issues with dvdplayer (long pauses, dropped frames for no reason etc).

One thing I've noticed though is that the subtitle support doesnt seem as advanced, I've got some foreign stuff with some funky sub emplacements, which work perfectly out the box on XBMC Dharma, but lots go missing with DSPlayer. (for example there are subs that are meant to cover foreign language text with english replacements).

I've tried swapping to Haali media splitter to see if this made a difference, but no dice, still getting the same issues.
Is this a limitation of DSPlayer as it exists right now, or is there something I've missed in setup? As a noob to this, Im a little overwhelmed by all the info out there, some of which seems to be no longer relevant.

Also, to sync the refresh rate to the file format, do we still need to edit the xml files? The DSPlayer menu inside XBMC is a little basic, so which menus do and dont work for DSPlayer are still a little...lost on me as yet.
I apologise for how nooby this sounds, but there's a VAST amount of information now, in the threads and the wiki, and its sometimes a little hard to tell what's still relevant and what's not; plus it's been a while since I've had to set things up so manually...guess you could say I've become so used to how easy things tend to be these days, you kinda tend to forget what it was like when you had to manually edit files or use command prompts!