Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-11

SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Even i followed the correct steps when i am asking which is the default player it shows THE DVD PLAYER (default) and not the DSPLAYER
What am i doing wrong ? THANKS

Have you created Advancedsettings.xml containing...

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
 <
video>
  <
defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
 </
video>
</
advancedsettings

...in your xbmc profile folder?

Cheers

- tco42 - 2011-01-11

I have allready switched back to standard XBMC builds, but i will setup a test pc soon and then post a log file. I can also try one of those non official builds and see if this problems still exist. All i can tell now is that i checked all filter related problems/settings using GraphStudio and since all my movies are encoded exactly the same way there should be no problems for only some movies...

- GRSHOPR - 2011-01-12

liquidskin76 Wrote:Can you post a full debug log via pastebin. That should show if there are any filter connection issues.

When playing in VLC, are you using it's internal codecs, or the exact same filter combo that you are using in dsplayer?

Cheers

How bad is it that I don't know where to find the debug log?? I'm not technologically disinclined by any means, just not familiar with this system yet. Bear with me, I'll catch up fast. And I was using the internal VLC codecs. Just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the movie itself.

Edit: I also went through and checked a range of movies, and some will indeed play. It looks like, despite the fact that the containers are all .m2ts, It will not play the video for AVC or VC-1. All VC-1 shows is a very small black box in the upper left hand corner, overlaying the fan art in the background, and I can't even get AVC to play, audio or video. It will play MPEG2 video, although the image is very grainy, with no seeming problems.

Edit 2:After retrying the MPEG2 files, I can't get them to play. I have changed no settings. After further investigating, it seems that if I try to watch a VC-1 or AVC, I can't get an MPEG2 to play afterwards. To get them to play again, I have to restart the server.

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-01-12

liquidskin76 Wrote:Have you created Advancedsettings.xml containing...

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
 <
video>
  <
defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
 </
video>
</
advancedsettings

...in your xbmc profile folder?

Cheers
Yes , XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml
One more question. When i activate the DXVA2 ,then in the movie's video settings the video scaling method and the Crop black bars are not active.WHY? But the Post-processing looks to be active.
Thanks all for your attention and your good work.

- steelman1991 - 2011-01-12

Please provide the full path for your advancedsettings file.

It should be in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata, not in the ProgramFiles folder.

GRSHOPR Wrote:How bad is it that I don't know where to find the debug log?? I'm not technologically disinclined by any means, just not familiar with this system yet. Bear with me, I'll catch up fast. And I was using the internal VLC codecs. Just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the movie itself.

Edit: I also went through and checked a range of movies, and some will indeed play. It looks like, despite the fact that the containers are all .m2ts, It will not play the video for AVC or VC-1. All VC-1 shows is a very small black box in the upper left hand corner, overlaying the fan art in the background, and I can't even get AVC to play, audio or video. It will play MPEG2 video, although the image is very grainy, with no seeming problems.

Edit 2:After retrying the MPEG2 files, I can't get them to play. I have changed no settings. After further investigating, it seems that if I try to watch a VC-1 or AVC, I can't get an MPEG2 to play afterwards. To get them to play again, I have to restart the server.
Firstly you need to activate debugging from the XBMC GUI

System\System\Debugging\Enable Debugging, the log file will then be placed in the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\ folder, then use pastebin or similar and post a link to the url from here - see here for further details http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

Could you also post your mediasconfig file,

steelman1991 Wrote:Please provide the full path for your advancedsettings file.

It should be in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata, not in the ProgramFiles folder.
Yes,but the XBMC exists at C:\ x86\XBMC\Userdata

Pls where is the path \Appdata\Roaming ? I am not so expert TKS a lot

- sergiocos - 2011-01-12

in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata

userdata folder it's a hidden folder

sergiocos Wrote:in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata

userdata folder it's a hidden folder
Sorry but in my C:\My UserName\ does not exist any folder AppData\ and then Roaming.
My Win7 is in Greek Language . AppData means Applications data?

As Sergiocos states the AppData folder is a hidden folder as default. It may be that you will have to unhide it:-

Control Panel\Folder Options\View\Show hidden files, folders and discs.

steelman1991 Wrote:As Sergiocos states the AppData folder is a hidden folder as default. It may be that you will have to unhide it:-

Control Panel\Folder Options\View\Show hidden files, folders and discs.
Thanks a lot both of you including Sergiocos.
Now i am trying a fresh XBMC installation and i will see if the default player is DSPlayer and certainly if i see any difference and i will let you know.
Thanks for your assistance and attention
Vagelis........................

YES now the default player is DSPlayer...................

BUT Unfortunately it does work at all.
It does not play any movie even for the very first 5-10 secs.
Pls HELP........................

The very strange is that if i change the player to DVD Player then it works like before but i have to change it every time...............

- gav1577 - 2011-01-12

SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:The very strange is that if i change the player to DVD Player then it works like before but i have to change it every time...............

Turn on debug logging and post a debug log.

gav1577 Wrote:Turn on debug logging and post a debug log.
Why would he do that it is the expected behaviour.

@SALAMINOMACHOS

You have set-up DSPlayer to be the default player, therefore it will try and use the DSPlayer everytime you open a video file. If you don't want it to be the default player, then delete the advancedsettings file and it will revert to using DVDPlayer.

What you should do is post a debug while trying to play a file with DSPlayer, then we may be able to see what is happening. Please also post a copy of your mediasconfig.xml file.