Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Marbieskarb - 2009-12-28

I already tried that....

But this thread helped me a lot.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62698

P.S. I'm wondering which XBMC build (i.e. Beta1, 2, RC1) tiben is using for this distribution

Thanks.

- needtotest - 2009-12-28

I am pretty sure he works directly on the main branch now that this will be supported in the next xbmc - and the builds he provides is directly from svn (so this is versions after 9.11 final).

/needtotest

- tiben20 - 2009-12-28

XiniX88 Wrote:Ehm...

My prev post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=464856#post464856

And his reply:

I only wanted to let him know the problem still exists in his latest build. But I ain't here to defend my posts... 2 useless posts now (yours included). If you still have problems with my posts, please PM me.
I only had 1 day off since im aware of this problem i wont forget this is a known bug.You can try to just using directly the xbmc source filter. Modifiy the dsconfig, in the filters rules for example the mkv rules. Remove the source="..." when your remove this the player will use directly the xbmc source filter which should work.

- ashlar - 2009-12-28

tiben20 Wrote:Really hard to figure out where the problem come from. The filters merit can conflict with the dsplayer settings and a filters can be easyly introduced and screw everything up. Its kinda complex to fix those bugs the next thing im going to do is give information about which filters are currently used on the osd. This would be really good to see what your actually having in your graph instead of loading graphstudio
Hi tiben, in the future are there still plans to introduce an MPC-HC-like feature where one can enable and disable filters with no interference from the regular DirectShow filters installed on a machine (unless that is the desired outcome).

Talking about the Internal filters and External filters section in the options of MPC-HC, basically. Smile

- needtotest - 2009-12-28

Tiben - What are you doing differently when making your builds. The ones IKONS are making which sometimes are newer dont have the dsplayer stuff.

Think I read somewhere that you had subtitles working - is that correct? (they do not work now)...running build 25915 since that is the only version I have working with dxva on win7.

/needtotest

- Clumsy - 2009-12-28

@XiniX88: oops, point taken. That's what I get for trying to do on the side forum moderation in the holidays with only half an eye on all the threads, my apologies!

back to topic it is.

Windows 7 working working builds - Dalidah - 2009-12-28

Hi Tiben,

I understood from a previous post that you have already fixed some win7 issues but a new build working on win7 will not see the light until the next year (luckily is not so far Smile)
Do we (win7 users) have to assume that until further communication, all upcoming builds will not work on Win7?

Thanx for the great work done

Default Audio Stream - fluffylob - 2009-12-29

Hi Tiben,

Loving your work - build 25915 working great on my Revo / Win 7. For information, my files are on SMB, AC3 outputting over HDMI and (of course) video being accelerated - all working great Smile

One minor bug I noticed - setting the "Set as default for all Movies" setting in the Audio OSD page doesn't save the Audio Stream in use. Using DVDPlayer, if you set audio stream 2 as the default, the player will play stream 2 if it exists in all movies and will only play stream 1 if stream 2 does not exist.

For reasons of compatibility with AppleTV, a lot of my files have an AAC audio track on stream 1 and AC3 on 2. I like to default the stream to the AC3 on 2. Not a big problem though, it's easy enough to switch manually to the AC3 track - switching manually works fine. Smile

Again, thanks for you hard work from one happy user!

Chris

- tiben20 - 2009-12-29

ashlar Wrote:Hi tiben, in the future are there still plans to introduce an MPC-HC-like feature where one can enable and disable filters with no interference from the regular DirectShow filters installed on a machine (unless that is the desired outcome).

Talking about the Internal filters and External filters section in the options of MPC-HC, basically. Smile

Registered are still used when the player try to connect filters togetter and you have a missing connection beetween an outputpin and a renderer. I really hate the directshow concept of merit always getting bugs because there a filters with higher merit in the way.

needtotest Wrote:Tiben - What are you doing differently when making your builds. The ones IKONS are making which sometimes are newer dont have the dsplayer stuff.

Think I read somewhere that you had subtitles working - is that correct? (they do not work now)...running build 25915 since that is the only version I have working with dxva on win7.

/needtotest
I got my own branch if take a look at http://trac.xbmc.org/browser
ikons is building the trunk version. My source code is in branches/dsplayer
for the subtitles your wrong i did try some stuff for coding this but its way too much time for now.
For the build working with win 7 correctly, i should be able to fix it in the next days im not working

- christoofar - 2009-12-29

Spent the day playing tunes & movies using Tiben's latest, plus the new version of Transparency skin. What a beautiful combo!
My system is 99.5% perfect. Once Tiben's build catches up to the main trunk so that crossfade works, I will be totally happy.Big GrinBig Grin

Thanks for your time & efforts, I have been looking for almost one year to get to this point for my home media system. Now I can just enjoy it!Wink

- vanvonno - 2009-12-29

Tiben is this maybe a possibility re. subs

22nd December 2009, 18:08 #640 | Link
albain
Media Control author

It is not in the right thread to answer but I am currently importing DXVA implementation from MPC HC project into FFDShow

The goal is to let the users choose between software and DXVA decoding on H264, VC1 and MPEG2.

The drawback is that DXVA will make FFDShow filters unusable (subtitles, resize, noise reduction...)

So it is intended to people owning lower CPUs : for example you can use software decoding for SD videos and use DXVA for HD videos

It will be a preset setting in order to make it configurable.

About subtitles AFAIU there is a possibility to implement them with DXVA enabled, this will be next step

- athloni - 2009-12-29

albain Wrote:About subtitles AFAIU there is a possibility to implement them with DXVA enabled, this will be next step

Sounds promissing !! Wink

MKV Chapter Support - liquidskin76 - 2009-12-29

Hi tiben20,

Sorry if this has already been asked... have you any plans to support MKV chapters in a future build?

Also, i noticed that when a vid is paused, the image on the screen judders back slightly before pausing. You may have already solved this in an unreleased build but thought i'd let you know... small one but maybe one to sort for the future!

Thanks and keep up the great work!

- tiben20 - 2009-12-29

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi tiben20,

Sorry if this has already been asked... have you any plans to support MKV chapters in a future build?

Also, i noticed that when a vid is paused, the image on the screen judders back slightly before pausing. You may have already solved this in an unreleased build but thought i'd let you know... small one but maybe one to sort for the future!

Thanks and keep up the great work!

I didnt code a lot in the last 4 days i was too busy too drink and work. Im not sure what im going to do next. But mkv chapters should be supported in 2010 Tongue

- liquidskin76 - 2009-12-29

Great! Look forward to it. This is gonna be sweet once finshed!