Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2010-01-03

Logandros Wrote:Just an FYI

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/Vsexpressvc/thread/9f614707-f5be-47da-a35d-7c0561169691/

I know all that but you really think i got the time to remove it entirely it can take up to 5 hours straight and just to let you know i currently bought vs studio 2008 last winter for developing in c# and vb.net

- Logandros - 2010-01-03

tiben20 Wrote:I know all that but you really think i got the time to remove it entirely it can take up to 5 hours straight and just to let you know i currently bought vs studio 2008 last winter for developing in c# and vb.net

Tiben we only got on the subject becasue I asked you in an earlier post:

Quote:2. Will you be updating the branch at some point to build with VS 2008 Express (C++ 2008 Express)? Or will this only be done at then end when it gets merged with trunk?

Quote:For the compilable on C++ 2008 Express. Im already developing and building from the express one.

I don't really think you should or should not do anything you do not have the time for, I was only asking a question and trying to clarify the answer.

- tiben20 - 2010-01-03

Logandros Wrote:Tiben we only got on the subject becasue I asked you in an earlier post:

I don't really think you should or should not do anything you do not have the time for, I was only asking a question and trying to clarify the answer.

Its in my to do list which is a long list

- Logandros - 2010-01-03

tiben20 Wrote:Its in my to do list which is a long list

Well awesome job and a lot of people are eagerly awaiting this and are appreciative all of your hard work!

- carmenm - 2010-01-03

A few posts back i wrote about using dsplayer with avi files and getting black screen. Just to follow on that i found that it is "bug"(And i absolutely dont know if it s dsplayer related or not) i found something new. The bug happens when i start xbmc. I mean if i start xbmc, then start an avi with dsplayer i get the bug. But if i start a x264 file with dsplayer, stop, then start an avi file with dsplayer, then it works, even if i stop and start again.
Sometimes it comes back but i didnt find when yet.
I guess it has to do with something not being initializedm and may be something not being released when stopping.
I should also mention that ffdshow filter is not released when stopping the video. I can see it because i keep systray icon of all played file until i close xbmc.

EDIT: i just saw that i get that error everytime i play a file
ERROR: DXVA WILL NEVER WORK WITH NON DEFAULT RENDERER ON
But evr is selected in dsplayer config.
I am using the build you made before reverting your commit for people having problem under win7

Hope that can help

- christoofar - 2010-01-03

I got on a mission today to completely redo my AsRock 330 box & XBMC to see if I could solve my HDMI driver issue.
Reinstalled XP, all drivers (this time in order suggested by AsRock), installed XBMC build 26081.
No problems w/ corrupted HDMI driver so far, but I cannot get any audio to work in DSPlayer. In settings it shows as using Nvidia HD audio, but nothing. the default player plays fine.

Damn! so close!:confused2:

- Bier_Koerier - 2010-01-03

carmenm Wrote:A few posts back i wrote about using dsplayer with avi files and getting black screen. Just to follow on that i found that it is "bug"(And i absolutely dont know if it s dsplayer related or not) i found something new. The bug happens when i start xbmc. I mean if i start xbmc, then start an avi with dsplayer i get the bug. But if i start a x264 file with dsplayer, stop, then start an avi file with dsplayer, then it works, even if i stop and start again.
I guess it has to do with something not being initializedm and may be something not being released when stopping.
I should also mention that ffdshow filter is not released when stopping the video. I can see it because i keep systray icon of all played file until i close xbmc.

I am using the build you made before reverting your commit for people having problem under win7

Hope that can help

Do NOT select the force evr option in the config, its for development only. What you should do is read the thread before you start asking questions.

- tiben20 - 2010-01-03

carmenm Wrote:A few posts back i wrote about using dsplayer with avi files and getting black screen. Just to follow on that i found that it is "bug"(And i absolutely dont know if it s dsplayer related or not) i found something new. The bug happens when i start xbmc. I mean if i start xbmc, then start an avi with dsplayer i get the bug. But if i start a x264 file with dsplayer, stop, then start an avi file with dsplayer, then it works, even if i stop and start again.

Hope that can help
The stuff i reverted is only the stuff from the break. Evr on windows xp cant use dxva this is why the option need to to off always and ALWAYS to off. This option is only for me when im developing and if someone want to test it but its useless.

christoofar Wrote:I got on a mission today to completely redo my AsRock 330 box & XBMC to see if I could solve my HDMI driver issue.
Reinstalled XP, all drivers (this time in order suggested by AsRock), installed XBMC build 26081.
No problems w/ corrupted HDMI driver so far, but I cannot get any audio to work in DSPlayer. In settings it shows as using Nvidia HD audio, but nothing. the default player plays fine.

Damn! so close!:confused2:

oops..here is my log trying to play an .mkv using DSPlayer,
http://pastebin.ca/1735680

christoofar Wrote:oops..here is my log trying to play an .mkv using DSPlayer,
http://pastebin.ca/1735680

meh..I'm an idiot. There was a wrong setting in Windows Audio. Working 100% !!

Big Grin

- carmenm - 2010-01-03

Bier_Koerier Wrote:Do NOT select the force evr option in the config, its for development only. What you should do is read the thread before you start asking questions.
FYI i read this thread, yeah i might have missed the part about not selecting the evr thing, yet i dont see why you talk to me like that!
I could just not give any feedback on my experience with dsplayer because generally it works just great for me. I just want to help as much as i can and i think giving feedback can.

And yes i dont have the error message with the option disabled. But i cant read x264 anymore, that s why i keep it ON. And i am under win7

- synci - 2010-01-03

Hey all,

at first sorry for my bad english Sad

Thanks to tiben20 for this nice program, just used external player Smile
Im on win7 x64 machine with XBMCSetup-Rev26269-dx, and its working nice, but without dxva, i have 80-90% cpu load. Now i created an advancedsettings.xml file in my userprofile:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

And its WORKING with dxva (cpu load 4-10%), its an Athlon BE2350 Smile
But the problem i have now is when i play some mkvs and want to go forward/rewind it stops the movie and im back on the libary. Maybe its the same problem like the other guy meaned with 2 audiotracks. Will demux a few mkvs now to have only 1 audiotrack and try again.

Thanks

- tiben20 - 2010-01-03

synci Wrote:Hey all,

at first sorry for my bad english Sad

Thanks to tiben20 for this nice program, just used external player Smile
Im on win7 x64 machine with XBMCSetup-Rev26269-dx, and its working nice, but without dxva, i have 80-90% cpu load. Now i created an advancedsettings.xml file in my userprofile:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

And its WORKING with dxva (cpu load 4-10%), its an Athlon BE2350 Smile
But the problem i have now is when i play some mkvs and want to go forward/rewind it stops the movie and im back on the libary. Maybe its the same problem like the other guy meaned with 2 audiotracks. Will demux a few mkvs now to have only 1 audiotrack and try again.

Thanks

post a full debug log
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 for instruction
Im interested too see what is calling the video to close its not normal

- synci - 2010-01-03

tiben20 Wrote:post a full debug log
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 for instruction
Im interested too see what is calling the video to close its not normal

Tried it on my office machine now, its vista x64 but same rev 26269-dx and its working here with the same files. So its not a audiotrack bug i think.

- tiben20 - 2010-01-03

synci Wrote:Tried it on my office machine now, its vista x64 but same rev 26269-dx and its working here with the same files. So its not a audiotrack bug i think.
This is what i think to. Just post the log like i asked there a lot of chance the problem is in the code. and not on your computer configuration