Kodi Community Forum
ISO Mounter - third-party software for auto Blu-ray ISO / IMG image mount on Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: ISO Mounter - third-party software for auto Blu-ray ISO / IMG image mount on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=65556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- Hagen - 2011-06-07

I would like to try a bit more on the "force to wait" path, can you please try this .bat?
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
START "Total Media Theatre" /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\" /WAIT /MAX uLaunchTMT5.exe P:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 /u

I haven't been able to test it myself yet, so there may be some quotes missing. Also this website might help to explain what we are trying to achieve.
http://ss64.com/nt/start.html

Hmmm tested with other programs and it appears to do the job, then again, as I said... I do not have this behaviour. Wich is rather odd in itself.

- sam9s - 2011-06-08

punishit Wrote:
Code:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 %1
ping -n 5 127.0.0.1
"c:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" M:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 /u

You have to press the "Windows Button" on your keyboard while the 5 pings at yourself are running, then XBMC will be minimized and Arcsoft will pop up and plays your video.
When you close Arcsoft, XBMC automatically maximized again and the iso will be dismounted.

Appreciate the solution, but if I have to press one button, why not the pause method, basically both the solution have to have one key hit, so I might as well hang on with the pause method .... Smile

getafix Wrote:Here is my bat file. Note the F at the end of the second line. This is the mounted drive. Maybe try that.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" F:

The reason why I chose F is that if you go to your taskbar and right click on the Virtual Clone Drive, mine selects the F drive as the mount drive. Yours might be different. Maybe that will help.

Also check your naming convention. Mine is NAME_OF_MOVIE.bluray.iso

My 2c worth

yes mine selects as the P drive and I have tried putting P: at the end does not change any thing .... Smile also i presume naming convention has nothing to do with this as with a pause movie opens fine within XBMC and TMT plays it well. So corefactory file is correct (which defines the naming convention). for the record mine is Name of the movie.BD.iso ..... Smile

Hagen Wrote:I would like to try a bit more on the "force to wait" path, can you please try this .bat?
Code:
START "Total Media Theatre" /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\" /WAIT /MAX uLaunchTMT5.exe P:

I haven't been able to test it myself yet, so there may be some quotes missing. Also this website might help to explain what we are trying to achieve.
http://ss64.com/nt/start.html

Hmmm tested with other programs and it appears to do the job, then again, as I said... I do not have this behavior. Which is rather odd in itself.

Hages I really appreciate your efforts and I always hope to have success when you suggest something but we are not hitting the mark here. The above script does the same thing ....... nothing changed. To proof that I am doing things right I prepared a small youtube video to show you the exact behavior.

Note my mouse pointer .... I have shown the bat file which is named as test3. The only thing I have changed is that I have placed the actual path of the iso instead of %1. So as to be able to test it first from outside XBMC. Rest is exactly the way you have described. Following is the content of test.bat ...

Quote:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 "M:\XBMC_BD_ISO\Matrix Revolutions\Matrix Revolutions.BD.iso"
START "Total Media Theatre" /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\" /WAIT /MAX uLaunchTMT5.exe P:

Then I show the P: drive which is empty and then I run the bat file, you can see the disk mounted, AnyDVD in action, the shortcut of the drive appearing on desktop (which win 7 does) and then disk dismounting with TMT opening and having nothing to play ..... here is the video link ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3A_JlKy6-w

- getafix - 2011-06-08

For what it's worth, here is my playercorefactory.xml file.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PlayISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>c:\FOR_XBMC\BATCH_FILES\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="PlayDisc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>c:\FOR_XBMC\BATCH_FILES\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*bluray.*" player="PlayISO"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="PlayDisc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

- sam9s - 2011-06-08

ok I did a small experiment as per the link "http://ss64.com/nt/start.html" suggested by Hagen.

Somewhere at the end under "Forcing a Sequence of Programs" following is the example given

@echo off
start /wait /b First.exe
start /wait /b Second.exe
start /wait /b Third.exe

This would run the first.exe then when the first.exe terminates it would run the second.exe and so on and so forth. I created another test bat file with the following lines

@echo off
start /wait /b notepad.exe
start /wait /b calc.exe

and it did not work, I mean both the executable execute at the same time and I have notepad and calc opened simultaneously. So this means the "/wait" isnt working as expected or stated. May be coz of the OS I dont know but it isnt working as its suppose to be .....

- Hagen - 2011-06-08

sam9s Wrote:Hages I really appreciate your efforts and I always hope to have success when you suggest something but we are not hitting the mark here. The above script does the same thing ....... nothing changed. To proof that I am doing things right I prepared a small youtube video to show you the exact behavior.

You have a space after /D
Code:
START "Total Media Theatre" /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\" /WAIT /MAX uLaunchTMT5.exe P:
There should be no space after /D, like this
Code:

Basicly what this does:
starts a new program called "Total Media Theatre"
changes directory (/D) to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\"
Tells the computer to launch uLaunchTMT5.exe P: with the parameter P: (the drive)
Tells it to launch TMT /MAX(imized) and /WAIT until TMT is closed before proceding.

Are you on W7Home? or W7Pro/ultimate? don't think it should make a difference at all.

I'll look into it further

- sam9s - 2011-06-08

Hagen Wrote:You have a space after /D

Are you on W7Home? or W7Pro/ultimate? don't think it should make a difference at all.

I'll look into it further

Naaa space doesn't make a difference ... I tried that already .... anyhow as mentioned by me in the above example, seems like the "/wait" command isn't working as its suppose to be ....... else the small experiment should have worked .....
I am using Win 7 ultimate x64 version ....

- Hagen - 2011-06-08

Sam9...
Code:
START "" /WAIT notepad.exe
START "" /WAIT calc.exe

- Hagen - 2011-06-08

sam9s Wrote:I am using Win 7 ultimate x64 version ....
Yup, me to

- sam9s - 2011-06-08

Hagen Wrote:Sam9...
Code:
START "" /WAIT notepad.exe
START "" /WAIT calc.exe

Okie yes this worked ...... I have to close notepad and then calc openes ....... grrrrr then why isnt it working in that bat file .....beats me ....

Did you check the youtube video I posted, does it look like I am missing something ......

Hagen Wrote:Yup, me to

and is everything working in your case .....HuhHuh?

- Hagen - 2011-06-08

your youtube video shows that when the TMT5 splashscreen finishes the exe terminates.
The .exe file you are using probably launches another exe, so the behaviour is as expected.
Check the properties of your desktop shortcut and use that exe file instead.
This is a problem (obviously) caused by TMT itself.

If you open the task manager and run the bat I am certain you will see uLaunchTMT5.exe pop up, but disappear when the splash screen does.
Check what exe replaces it.

then you need to type up a quick vbs that terminates when TMT5 terminates Wink

- Hagen - 2011-06-08

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/total-media-theater-5-a-89882/

try using this exe instead uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe like this:
Code:
START "Total Media Theatre" /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\" /WAIT /MAX uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe P:
Obviously uLaunch is just that, a launcher.

- sam9s - 2011-06-08

Hagen Wrote:http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/total-media-theater-5-a-89882/

try using this exe instead uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe like this:
Code:
START "Total Media Theatre" /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\" /WAIT /MAX uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe P:
Obviously uLaunch is just that, a launcher.

Thundering Typhoons man!!!!! you nailed it .... Smile Smile, Changing the exe file name to uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe did the trick ..... finally. wow relieved ... I am gonna replace the actual PlayBD.bat file now and would test withing XBMC, should work in all probability ......SmileSmileSmile

EDIT :: Worked within XBMC as well ..............Smile

- Hagen - 2011-06-08

Glad you got it sorted.
Now you should post both your playercore and the bat for future reference by others Smile

Here's mine.
Win7 ultimate 64 bit, TMT 3
Playercore.xml:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <!-- These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
    The following aliases may also be used:
      audiodefaultplayer, videodefaultplayer, videodefaultdvdplayer
    <player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
    <player name="DVDPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer
    <player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
    -->
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\PlayBD.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
  </players>
  <rules name="system rules">
    <rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="hdhomerun/myth/rtmp/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|rtmp|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
    <rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)"  player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
    <rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
      <rule name="flv/aacp/sdp" mimetypes="video/x-flv|video-flv|audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
      <rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
    </rule>

<!-- Blurays -->
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*bd.*" player="TMT5"/>

<!-- DVDs -->
    <rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
    <rule name="dvdfile" dvdfile="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
    <rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />

<!-- Only dvdplayer can handle these normally -->
    <rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
    <rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="DVDPlayer" />

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Playbd.bat:
Code:
START "Total Media Theatre" /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\" /WAIT /MAX uMCEDVDPlayer.exe G:

Now all I need is a way for XBMC to detect that the disc I insterted in the physical player is a bluray disc.

- sam9s - 2011-06-08

^^ Fair enough, here is my playcorefactory file ...

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>M:\XBMC_MOVIES\XBMC_BD_Disc\PlayBD.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Blu-rays -->
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="TMT5"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*BD.*" player="TMT5"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

and the bat file ...

Quote:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1

- getafix - 2011-06-11

Just and update.

I installed a new pc with exactly the same software and I could not get this to work.

I did a simple copy and paste from my working pc and therefore could not understand why it wouldn't work.

I finally got it to work once a checked the security permissions of the .bat files. Once I changed those, it worked like a charm

Cheers